Core Health and Fitness Employee Reviews

Keep looking - there are lots of better places to work with better job security, management, and pay!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJuly 17, 2019
Management seems confused because they say one thing and do another, Management doesn't care about or trust their employees because they micromanage, hide information or carefully choose words to deceive, do not invest in employee education unless it is a required skill for a job they need for a specific person (favorites win here), and say they promote from within but most often go outside because nobody within is qualified or liked enough, which is a reflection of their own hiring and lack of training and educational investment. Pay is very low because the company's finances are never stable and the company looks for investors to stay afloat while trying to say it is to grow, but everyone can see the financials are an issue. Benefits are no better than the majority of employers and often worse than mid to large size companies. HR is judgmental, on a power trip, and only caters to the "cool" kids who were part of the original group of employees that came from Nautilus, which is dwindling. Only positive is some of the good employees who work there, but they usually move on after they figure it all out. Too many power trips in management and HR! There are some great managers there, but too many poor ones above them for the good ones to be effective.
Pros
Some great employees
Cons
Success is a struggle for the organization financially - poor upper management
typical day at work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Independence, VAJuly 8, 2019
A typical work day consists of multitasking between designing new machines and supporting manufacturing with day to day issues. I try to learn something new each day whether it's taught by my boss or listening to the worker on the assembly line
Great place to work, great culture and people
Quality Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 24, 2019
Working at Core Health and Fitness allows you to write your own ticket. If you put in time and effort you will be rewarded. I only left because I needed to relocate my home.
Pros
Great coworkers
Jigger/Welder (Current Employee) –  Independence, VAJune 16, 2019
Gained valuable experience, hired through agency, everyone works as a team, plant is due to close at the end of the month and operations will move to another state.
Solid fitness equipment company.
Northeast Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 1, 2019
First sales job, learned the basics of time management and organizing your day to make sales calls. Enjoyed working there and would still be working there if the medical sales opportunity didn't present itself.
Better than average
Materials Planner III (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 19, 2019
This is a job, much like other jobs. There are some really cool people and some people that I wish did not work here. In general, the terminally toxic people weed themselves out. You just have to be patient.

The work-life balance is okay. Not great, but okay. There are some weeks I put in 50-60 hours, there are some times I leave in the middle of the day without anyone noticing. If you're salaried, its really on you to manage your workload and know when you need to be here and when you can let yourself off the hook.

It's my relationship with my manager that makes me stay. I feel like I am an important part of the team and that my contribution is noticed and valued. I feel empowered to make decisions. The expectations of me are clear and I have an acceptable balance of autonomy and support. Plus he's funny. Not on purpose, but funny just the same.
Pros
Autonomy, mastery, significance
Cons
Work-life balance, total compensation could be better
Wonderful people to work with .
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Independence, VANovember 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working here, I fit in right away and loved my job. The supervisors were all great people and really are on your team. The hardest part of the job was keeping everything organized due to the lack of updates and cleanliness.
Toxic Work Environment
TSR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 29, 2018
Worked in support. Department manager often spoke about going "to war" with other departments. All managers are just looking to avoid blame for poor/untimely service to customers and pile work on their employees. Company is a disaster from top to bottom. You're better off recycling bottles and cans than working here.
Constant management change, Have to really kiss a** to get somewhere at Core
Customer Service /Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WA 98662August 21, 2018
Constant management change, Have to really kiss a** to get somewhere at Core.
Managers promote friends, not who is qualified.
If you are not in the so called cool kids group your idea's are constantly ignored or rejected.
Do not work here!!
Cons
like high school
Great Culture, Great Purpose
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 16, 2018
The joy of working at a company like Core is in the people. There are so many great leaders within the organization that are fully invested in the success of the staff, customer delight, and product innovation. There has been a noticeable shift in culture in 2018. From the top-level, executives are aligned and are fully invested in making the organization a fun and meaningful place to work. A great time to be working for Core.
Pros
Access to the top levels of management, room for growth, lots of innovation
warehouse
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAAugust 13, 2018
warehouse shipping and pulling product. not rocket science. ran inefficiently, no communication between departments and from managers to workers. no room for growth.
Meh
employee (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 3, 2018
Its okay, its a job, good starting point. No chance of advancements. The pay is not comparable with other companies in the area. A good job is rewarded with more work.
Great Place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 21, 2018
CH&F is a great place to work. The managers are encouraging and keep the office fun while keeping a nice work environment. I would definitely work there again. They offer a great benefits package and a free gym on site.
Safe enviroment to work
Maintenance Manager/Technician (Current Employee) –  Indepenence VaMarch 26, 2018
Fast pace production manufacturing environment. I like mostly that it is a team environment. Management is willing to listen to new ideas on how to better the company and production. Hardest part of the job is being short staffed not being able to rely on employees who don't show great work ethic. I am close to home and the pay is comparable to other facilities in the area. Core strives to have a safe and healthy work environment.
Company needs to evaluate its place in the market
Director - Vertical Market and Dealer Sales NA (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 19, 2018
Core is in need of an outside evaluation of its place in the commercial fitness market.The current direction will not end with success. Changes will need to be made to company structure and strategy.
Pros
Sales team is excellent
Cons
The C level is disconnected from the company
Poor Leadership
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 5, 2018
The job posting I applied to was not the actual job performed, management likes to keep secrets and there is poor job security. Was asked to make changes to their planning process and I was reprimanded for it. The culture is extremely negative with little intervention from HR, continuity between departments is non-existent and prevents accuracy. There were seven people in my position over the course of three years, prior to me being hired. Be wary of working for this company.
Unfocused Upper Management
Product Manager * Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAFebruary 16, 2018
Core has so many great people and managers. my two managers--both VPs, were amazing. There was often disagreement between the owner and President/COO that caused confusion among many in the company. The company ran too lean. We had too few Engineers. They were slammed and were held to very high expectations. Engineers are the heart of this company and they were not treated as well as they should have.

I loved my job and my manager. He and so many other VPs who were amazing were not treated fairly.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Upper management and ownership did not provide a positive working environment
No leadership
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 28, 2018
There's no one at this company listening to the person(s) closest to the task. Senior management creating positions for unqualified people 2nd level managers/supervisors and hiding their failures. Allowing those same failed managers to take newly created positions just to ensure they maintain employment to prevent the discussion of previously terminated employees with open lawsuits currently pending. The human resources team is not only aware but complicit in this illegal practice at worse or inappropriate at best.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Leadership with NO intent of improving the processes or culture!
No Answer
Vice President of Global Sales (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAOctober 30, 2017
No Answer at this time - the company is located in Vancouver, WA and the satellite office is in Lake Forest. I work in that branch. It is a strong family culture, and moving very fast.
Not a great place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 9, 2017
This place is a total disaster, and it starts from the top. The President of the company has absolutely no plan, constantly changes directions, and his lackeys below him constantly scramble to keep him from blaming them. Internal blame is high, product is just average and the sales people work hard and are great, but leadership is just brutal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Core Health and Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9