CORE Services Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

productive and active
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2019
Being here has been good, working with the girls is a great opportunities. knowing that you can help someone and teach them more about life. i enjoy being there for younger females and pushing them.
"CORE Services Group Inc, The Best Organization In The Social Services Field."
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 7, 2019
As a former employee of CORE Services Group Inc, I would like to say that CORE is an amazing company to work for, the experience that you gain in the field of Social Services through CORE is a very personal hands on learning experience. The work environment from the Site that you are assigned to, to the Corporate Office, is a friendly and humble spirited environment. I definitely recommend working for this company if you are someone who has a passion for helping people and a genuine love for the Social-Work field. So for anyone that is looking for a challenge and a great learning experience then CORE Services Group Inc, is the company for you. CORE Services also offers great Benefit packages as well as great great pay. So whether your looking for hourly or salary, CORE has many great doors filled with multiple opportunities for you.
Pros
Great Pay, Additional Training Provided, Cpr-aed, F-80, F-02, Food Handlers License, Great Opportunities For Promotion Within The Company
Cons
The were no Cons for me during my time of employment with CORE.
Waste of time
Case Manager Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 29, 2019
Great at first but in the end they don’t care for the employees and the work put in over the course of the year. Beware they are an employer at will company and can terminate you for whatever reason whenever. They do not care for their employee’s rights. Upper management is corrupt be careful. No job security!
Pros
Good environment depending on site.
Cons
Upper management is corrupt.
Former Case Manager
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2019
I worked at their federal re entry facility, my time there was short but I did learn a lot. The staff was great and they provided me with adequate trainings to ensure I was prepared to do my job.

The facility was clean and organized. The staff was professional...

I left core because I was offered another job, so I had to leave, if it wasn't for that I would probably still be there.
Pros
Great atmosphere, staff and over time
Cons
No direct deposit and I worked various hours during the week.
Work Experience
Youth Counselor Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 23, 2019
Everyone experience will be different. But for mine it is good. They offer a lot of training experiences and to help build you as a person. It is a place where you can grow and move forward in your career.
Ok place to work
R/A/Driver (Current Employee) –  ClustersMarch 14, 2019
Ok place to work, pays minimum wage, work doesnt go with the pay. Can become stressful at times. Wish corporate was more understanding with scheduling.
Avoid This Company !!!!!!!
Youth Counselor (Current Employee) –  BrooklynOctober 27, 2018
This company is very disappointing , corporate has no idea what their doing . This is a social service field but they don’t understand work life balance. This company is extremely unprofessional and causes harm to people. They do not promote and when they do it’s the wrong people. They mess up your pay and then when you call the payroll person she’s always busy . This place is absolutely unprofessional and I am soon leaving this unprofessional unpleasant company. Residents are looked at as dollar signs not as individuals! They prey on young individuals so do not fall for it DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!
Pros
Pays overtime
Cons
Professionalism, boundaries, Work life balance, Getting paid
No job security as it is an at will agency, unprofessional Management.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
This is a high turnover agency with little benefits to offer. Management lack sensitivity and unprofessional. The work itself is not so bad, but management can make the most qualified person feels unqualified with their demeanor. Management can sometimes make you feel unwelcome in favor of their friends.
Pros
Clients and some coworkers are great.
Cons
Little benefits, short vacation, no job security, Managers lack skills to run sites.
great company
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  everywhereMay 20, 2018
I loved working at core #CoreStrong and many blessings to all the staff there. Family oriented staff and full of opportunities for growth. Its a great place to strive, get inspired .
An honest review
Residential Aide (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 13, 2018
This is a very unorganized organization. Management is completely unaware of what goes on at their sites and don't care to know. A lot of nepotism and cronyism within this organization including their work sites. A lot of professional workers leave. High turnover rates.
Pros
Steady Work Schedule
Cons
Short Unpaid lunch break even if you don't always take one
High Expectations
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 6, 2018
Working with the homeless community can be rewarding. Everyday brings a new set of challenges. Doing daily inspections to ensure that the clients are safe and secure is a major part of the job.
Productive and fun working place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 1, 2018
This company has a good reputation, they promote professional environment for their staffs. Good benefits, friendly working place. There's a training for a newly hired staffs , where they give introductory trainings to members of staffs about their organizational culture. Their "Do" and "Don't".
Great Staff
Residental Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2018
Management does there best to accommodate personnel. The team is amazing. The most challenging part of the job is dealing with the tempers of the residents but that isn't a common occurence.
Great company.
GUARD II (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 23, 2018
Plenty of room to grow if your willing to move up. Great staff. Friendly management team. Will accommodate you when needed. Great benefits and perks. Glad I'm part of the team
Guard (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2017
It is a great place to work and but the work load can be a handful if you can't handle it. I work with federal criminals so if you can't handle it or have a weakness they will use it against you. You have to stay focus around them at all times.
productive work space
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 21, 2017
all staff brings positive energy to work. Everyone is so full of life, and great team players. The staff are very helpful to all clients. I would recommend Cores Service to anyone looking for a great work team
A big 200 room apartment building.
Maintenance Worker and later Shelter Staff Salary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2017
I learned alot of different skills working for my last three jobs. I learned how to mop hallways, fix door locks, paint, do intakes for clients, and how to be a supervisor.
Pros
promotions
Cons
taxes
Need to lose funding to someone that knows what their doing
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 2, 2017
Management are ill-prepared to handle employee issues and unprofessional when payday approaches.

Non-supportive and website is vague and scant. CEO hides behind his management staff. Promotions given to unqualified individuals as nepotism and to hide undocumented for city and state audits.

Homeless youth do not receive clothing or support. Turnover for program directors/managers is extremely high and inexperienced.
Pros
Convenient locations
Cons
Poor management low salaries lack of retention