CoreCivic

Found 2,232 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,241 reviews
corecivicprisoncorrectionalofficercorrectionccawardencivic

Great job

Featured review

CoreCivic selected this as a representative review
Great job with great opportunities.Benefits are great also. Corrections are not for everyone but if you enjoy it go for it. I’ve learned that the sky is the limit in corrections and you can go as far as you want to go

May 18, 2020

Prison is not fun

Management does not appreciate their staff. Supervisor do not appreciate their staff. When working you will be required to work 16 hours daily. Co workers are not trustworthy nor are they dependable. Time off is difficult

CoreCivic insights

Based on 1,308 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Drama central

Didn’t pay me for relocating from 4 hours away. Held my first check way beyond what they should have been allowed. HR is very unsupportive of your issues.

Pros

Geese

Ok place to work

The work is ok management is pretty fair. The pay for the area is pretty good. Only downside is people not showing up for their shift and people who have already worked their 8 hours having to cover for them.

Pros

Occasional free lunch

Cons

Long shifts

They care more about money then the employees

I would not recommend anyone to work for them..They don't pay enough, they prisons they own need alot of maintenance attention along with many more issues and now they room you with a stranger for 6 weeks...

September 23, 2022
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. We apologize for the negative experiences you encountered while working at our facility. Please know that we will share these concerns with our HR Operations team. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Great room for advancement

If you are looking for mobility and growth, this is the place for you. They like to promote from within. You will be asked to work hard, be conscientious, and be a good communicator.

Pros

Great pay

September 21, 2022
Thank you for your positive review of CoreCivic! We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Your life belongs to the company, there is mandatory overtime. Often you will be stuck out after your shift ends.

I was once stuck on a pod for over 30 hours without relief. As a pod officer your chances for promotion are minimal unless you manage to suck up to your higher-ups in command if you're lucky enough to get a rover position on your mandatory overtime days.

Pros

Free prison slop

Cons

Expect to get zero breaks.

September 21, 2022
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. We apologize for the negative experiences you have encountered such overtime. Please know that we will share your concerns with our HR Operations team so they can address this at the facility level. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Good pay.

Staff was helpful and nice. Would work there again. The only issue I had was the computers went down a lot and that was a hassle. Other than that nothing to complain about.

September 21, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your review and comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working for CoreCivic. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Exhausting

As a current staff member of corecivic for only 3 months so far I can say Staff does not work together they have terrible communication skills no sense of belonging and definately over worked like a dog management is untrustworthy all kinda of drama the list goes on there are some good officers in the management catagory but not all most only care if u come in some get upset when u don't come in because of either A personal reasons or B medical reasons as long as ur benefiting the higher ups then there's no issues but when u don't they will be all p**** with you for the whole night and very very very bad attitudes which makes the shifts run rougher and longer

September 21, 2022
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. We apologize for the negative experiences you have encountered such as the cultural issues you are experiencing at our facility. Please know that we will share your concerns with our HR Operations team so they can address this at the facility level. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Good money long hours

If you like the money this is the place for you. Management has its own agenda and tends to not care for the staff. Not only is it a stressful place to work. Rumors are horrible.

September 13, 2022
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. We will share these concerns with our HR Operations team. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

meet new people and learn to be safe

staff is hard to keep, more women work here than men. you never work in the same area, you might be working by yourself on nightshift, it's hard at night

September 14, 2022

Training an work environment

As a CO the trading you will receive is great, even though you’ll be in a stressful environment is a great place to be. Training is great, learning what to expect in the facility and different policies you’ll learn, an how to conduct yourself in the facility is well worth it. Truly a career path for those who want to make a career in the correctional path.

September 6, 2022
Thank you for your positive review of CoreCivic! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at our facility and felt that training was impactful. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Being adaptable and flexible helps. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

From the time one gets there are things to do. I have learned to use the computer again and learned to type just a little bit more. The work place culture is a blast LOL!! The hardest part of the job is the wait for the only bathroom for staff.

Pros

Learning is awesome!!

Cons

Long commute time

September 6, 2022

Poor Morale - Lacks Professional Attentive Leadership

This place has some outstanding people that work there - good people on all 3 shifts BUT the management is essentially the most inept group I have ever worked for. The morale is terrible! The way management treats it's people is horrible and the culture is corrosive. The money is good BUT they mandate you pretty much everyday which wears you down and leaves you too tired to do anything on your off days.

September 2, 2022
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We apologize for the negative experiences you encountered while working at our facility. Please know that we will share these concerns with our HR Operations team so they can address this at the facility level.

It’s an ok place

It can be stressful, the night shift is more chill. Great group of staff they all work as a team & will help you if you are struggling. Pay is decent , will pay u during the academy

September 2, 2022
Thank you for your positive review of CoreCivic! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at our facility and felt supported. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Terrible work environment

Avoid this company at all costs. They have poor training, nobody takes responsibility for their actions. Leadership is absolutely terrible and lies to your face. Don’t do it .

August 29, 2022
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a negative experience working at our facility. Please know that we will share your concerns with our HR Operations team. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Unsafe

Unsafe, inmates run the facility. Guards don’t follow rules, and put everyone at risk! Most of the nursing staff are rude and lazy! Management doesn’t care!

Great place

It was a great place to work. I made many good friends a d always felt supported. I would recommend this job if you enjoy working in corrections. It’s a difficult job if you are new at corrections but the support system there is great !

August 29, 2022
Thank you for your positive review of CoreCivic! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at our facility, felt supported and made friends. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

I worked for CoreCivic for more than 10 years. The company was always good to me and was great at accommodating other staff that I could see. I would work for this company again.

August 17, 2022
Thank you for your positive review of CoreCivic! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time working at our facility. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

No help or respect from medical management

Staffing is so low that you are not safe. They do not have enough officers to be with you all the time, and they will have you out in general population without an officer escort.

August 15, 2022
Thank you for sharing your comments and concerns with us. We apologize for the negative experiences you encountered. Please know that we will share your concerns with our HR team. Thank you for all that you do to better the public good!

Great Place

Great management, extensive training, working hours are great if it works out for you. You are constantly monitoring detainees and make sure they are safe.

August 15, 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreCivic. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight