CoreCivic Employee Reviews

no Clue who these people are
Shift Lieutenant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Beach, TXJuly 14, 2018
I sure why I am getting questions about these people or this company. No clue who they are or where they are based out of. Not even sure what they do
Not safe but good pay
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, TNJuly 13, 2018
Management sucked and they didn’t know what they were doing plus they weren’t consistent. Unorganized but the paychecks and overtime were good. If they worked out their kinks it wouldn’t be bad
Pros
Good pay. Paid time off and sick days.
Cons
Over worked. Not safe. Unorganized
Good Benefits
Unit Manager (Current Employee) –  Dilley, TX 78017July 13, 2018
I like working at CoreCivic good Benefits and theTraining is constant.You could promot or Transfer to anywhere in the country. if you have a good work ethic and a good attitued you can go far
Selfish selfish people no structure they do what they want when they want
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Trousdale County, TNJuly 12, 2018
NO structure what so ever they work the employees to death literally and do not care one bit. Not ideal for employees or the inmates to be honest it's honestly just sad that's all I will say.
Lot of BBQ for employmee
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2018
The site I worked at dosen't have a good work family life, there is a lot of overtime and mando overtime. The pay for administrator was not the best and corporate didn't want to change that pay scale.
na
Monitor 1 Community Corrections (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
long hours, no promotions, stay at the same pay, great experience nice training. loving people that working there. better management need to hire more people
Diversity place to work
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Milan, NMJuly 8, 2018
Monitored inmates, prepared log books and other documents, files, office functions, management, culture and cultural relativism, watched the inmates, and interesting part to communicate with language barriers (Mexican) inmates pretty cool.

Potentially discriminated by the leaders of the facility for promotion and transfer. No core values, signs, and fairness due to a particular race. The particular race was in a leadership positions mostly Mexicans, Latinos, and Hispanic, and whites. I was treated so differently by those leaders. File promotion application, takes interview still disrespect my rights, respect those and rewards the promotion to them personally they like to.
Pros
promotion
Cons
transfer
I hated the job
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Whiteville, TNJuly 6, 2018
Didn't get paid enough. Was asked to do unethical and immoral things. Was asked to stop doing my job so well. Accused of being racist after not completing immoral tasks
One the most unprofessional places I ever worked.
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Lee Adjustment CenterJuly 6, 2018
The command staff are just a change of clothes away from being the inmates, very unprofessional and of questionable behaviors. I got out gave a notice and when it was presented was told my resignation would be then instead of 2 week. I had very little support from management and our program is always at odds with them. It is almost as if they want the inmates running the show and the level of disrespect show to the COs is staggering. The corporate people were nice and professional but the command staff were thugs and low- lifes. No wonder they had all their facilities shut down in my state with management like that and they brought in the same people where I was.
Pros
Corporate people were nice and helpful.
Cons
dwindeling benefits, toxic, maladaptive work culture.
it was ok and that is the most of the time
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksboro, TXJuly 2, 2018
watching inmates, cell searches, searching the day room and sending inmates to seg.

what I learned was that you need to depend on your co worker. It could save your life

The management was really good and if a sergeant was coming to help it got real quite in a hurry. I never let my tanks get that roudy when I was there because I didn't put up with anything.

The culture was bright I loved everything about it. There were a lot of young kids in there and it made me a little un easy at times.

The hardest part of it was when inmates got out of control. I fixed that real quick though

The most enjoyable part was knowing I put everything I had in my shift and was happy I made it home that day
Pros
free meals
Cons
I dont like horseplay not in this enviorment
Crazy place to work.
Certified Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJune 28, 2018
Working for a For Profit company was bad. Many times of forced overtime, working late and working days off, with no notice, working short staffed in a jail setting is not safe. Calling for back up was bad. Having to waiting until the few available officers responded. Taking better care of the inmates than the officers.
Pros
Paid all the bills.
Cons
mandatory overtime for staffing, and they did not want to hire more officers to work and save corporate money.
productive
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, TNJune 28, 2018
working for corecivicwas always a productive day tgere where never.a moment where you where not busy.typical day shift started at 11 am until recive all information from standing officer. that I relieved how many inmateswe had present in that pod, conduct count and preparefor chow give the run down on how tge day slah night was going to go if couldn't comply with rules subject to seg
What I think of the job
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Milan New MexicoJune 26, 2018
This was a really good job stressful at times and a lot of hours if your looking for a way to stay away from home the pay is decent for the things you have to go threw and it seems unsafe at times
Great, but Stressful working environment
Correction Officer (Former Employee) –  Nicholls, GAJune 26, 2018
Maintained order and security, monitored inmates for the safety of myself and other staff. I also, counted to ensure all the inmates were safe and still in the facility.
No time for life
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Crowley County, COJune 26, 2018
While working here I have had less time at home, less time with my family for the wages of a call center....a low end call center. We break our backs and get nothing in return, yeah we get paid for it, but we never have time to do anything enjoyable with the money we make because we are always here.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
it consumes all of your time
Better companies out there than this one.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 25, 2018
Although there are several great employees I've worked with here, the overall atmosphere is unprofessional. Management is inconsistent and hypocritical. They say no retaliation but when things are reported they either "sweep it under the rug" or retaliate against the employee. Not to mention a plethora of inappropriate relationships and non-security is overwhelmingly underpaid. And they wonder why they can't get people to stay.
I really enjoy helping other people get there life back on track
Certified Addictions Counselor/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2018
great place to work I would recommend anyone who would be interested. 401k, dental, life, and other types of benefits. I personally enjoyed the service
poor management, too many hours, no appreciation
Correctional Officer (Current Employee) –  Olney Springs, COJune 22, 2018
there is nothing enjoyable about this job other than a few staff that make it all worth it. Lack of management skills and the good ole boy system is thing here
Would not recommend
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Clifton, TNJune 20, 2018
If you are hard up for some quick cash, take the orientation, get paid to sit through the classes and make your decision after, but just know they won't tell you that they will work you to death, and favoritism is very, very bad there. Be prepared to always be tired, have little support, get back-stabbed (maybe literally) and to spend far less time with friends and family. Oh and I hope you like drama.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Way too many
important fun places to be
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dilley, TXJune 19, 2018
best places to work with if you parents backs you up and doesn't let u fall alone. love helping others and love what the place does for these residents. if my parent would really help me out I would thing about leaving this place.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no phones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CoreCivic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight