CoreLife Eatery Employee Reviews

Love who I work with!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJanuary 22, 2019
The managers are great! Quality of food is excellent. The hardest part of this job is during lunchtime because it becomes very fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job are the customers.
Pros
Healthy Food discounted for employees
Cons
No benefits or advancement
Great place to work for a starting job
SLC - Food Prep and Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Millcreek, UTDecember 25, 2018
awesome place to work if it's your first job or you're a student wanting to work part time. great pay for a food place and food is healthy and great! Managers worked with your schedule if you told them ahead of time and they give you proper training.
Pros
50% off meal
Great food but not worth the stress
Assistant Lead Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 10, 2019
Our location was not properly staffed to deal with the number of customers and not paid enough compared to comparative local businesses. High stress and unsupportive management made it impossible to stay successful
Pros
Good Food
Cons
Fast Pace, many details, low pay
Has potential but under terrible management
Cashier Leader (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYJanuary 21, 2019
The food is delicious, however, the management was atrocious and made work unbearable. the line staff was fine and fun to work with but the turnout rate and amount of people quitting or being fired was insane. Manager made staff cry on a constant basis.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Not a great place for long term
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 12, 2019
I worked for this company for a year. At first, everything was great. Everyone was excited, and the few people who stuck around were moved into slightly better positions. After a few months, the company started to show its true colors. Working hard was "rewarded" with more expectations than your co-workers and lazy workers were never fired for fear of having to pay unemployment. Management was quick to lend an ear when you wanted to voice this issues but rarely acted on problems, instead allowing them to continue. Raises were promised verbally but never reflected in paychecks. Despite being listed as a "part-time" employee I regularly worked over 40 hours and rarely got the state mandated breaks. In my time there we went through 3 assistant managers in just over half a year, and the crew that remained from the opening of the store was in the single digits despite numbering close to 50 at opening 10 months prior. This place is fine to work if you only plan to work 15 hours a week and are willing to be assertive when they try to schedule you for more. If youre considering this long term, be ready to majorly kissup to some of the worst upper management in the industry, or look elsewhere.
Pros
Lots of hours when all your coworkers quit
Cons
You'll quickly lose your will to live.
Fast pace
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 17, 2019
The job was fun and easy at times, but there were also a lot of minors and unprofessional management. It was also hard to receive full time hours and get raises.
Pros
great food
Cons
low hours and low pay
Nope
customer service (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 12, 2018
Poor management with an overly competitive atmosphere
With over half.of the managers being incomapatint there is a major issue not to mention the over priced food and how they require an 8 hour shift for a 15 minute break
Pros
50% off meals while on shift
Very quick paced during morning and dinner hours
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIDecember 14, 2018
Working at Corelife Eatery you are always held to high expectations for our customers and quality of service, although a very good job it is hard to get the hours needed to support yourself.
Pros
50% off all food, always free drinks
Cons
Not the best hours
It was stressful.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 17, 2018
Working here was fun at times but stressful at most times. I loved the people that worked there and when you worked with the people you liked it was a nice environment. No one was on the same page so most nights were a bunch of confusion.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough people on a shift.
Stressful Environment, poor training
Lead Kitchen (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHNovember 19, 2018
I'm sure out there somewhere there is a corelife that you want to work at. I cant tell you it is NOT the Centerville Ohio location. Avoid at all cost unless you are a Christian female.
Pros
Food Discount
Cons
stressful
Good job culture
Crew Member/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 21, 2018
The owner and manager cares their employees and costumers. Encourage and thank all employees doing good job daily. The owner promotes from inside. Very positive working enviroments.
Pros
Positive working environments
Cons
working with high schoolers
worst employers ever
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 15, 2018
worst job ever worst employers rude as heck dont care about staff selfish staff members picky hiring no tam members staff is selfish only cares about themselves
Pros
no pros
Cons
all kinds of cons no perks of working here
One of the best jobs I have had.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 27, 2018
Corelife Eatery was one of my favorite jobs. The staff were great and I really enjoyed training everyone that came to our store to open new stores around the country.
I worked 6 days a week at around 10 hours a day
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 5, 2018
My schedule was usually 7:30am to 5:00pm and I felt that I was earning decent money but had no time to use it. I also made a point to not work Sundays in my interview and wasn’t given any Sunday’s off for church.
Pros
50% lunch, friendly co-workers
Cons
Bad management, too many hours
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 27, 2018
fast paced and stressful, team originated
couldn't just call in sick
no time off
very stressful
the managers where great I did enjoy working at core life eatery and do miss it
healthy foods
Pros
some free lunches on occasion
Cons
no paid time off
Awful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  syracuse nySeptember 23, 2018
I highly suggest not working here. It is truly awful. You are over worked, not paid well and management is awful. It’s a terrible place to work. the schedule is always late, and it’s only for that week. you can request time off and most of the time you won’t get that time off. everyone is miserable that works there. you never get out on time. it’s also very busy, but it’s also under staffed so it’s awful.
Pros
1/2 off salads
Cons
Everything else
Work at McDonald's or BK instead
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 21, 2018
While the owners of this company are wonderful and truly care about their mission and business, as you move down the management line you completely lose that. When starting out we all received as many hours as we were supposed to and pay we thought was reasonable. Very soon though more and more people were hired and hours were cut for everyone. On top of losing hours, pay did not increase when minimun wage increased, leaving us to be making minimum wage suddenly. There is no room for advancement with Core even though they will say that they strongly encourage it. You will be told over and over for months that they want to make you a supervisor because of all of your hard work and dedication, then every time a position opens up they hire from outside. On top of everything else, you will be expected to drop everything to come in to cover other shifts when needed and it will be held against you if you don't for whatever reason. For all of this and more, the turnover rate for this location is ridiculous. If you start here, do not expect to stay any longer than a year. Find just about any other food service job, you will at least be paid more.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Horrible management, Low pay, No benefits
bad place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 2, 2018
my first day i worked i worked from 11:30-3 which went fine. the next day the manager trained me & i got there at 11:30 & he sent me home at 1 when i wasn’t supposed to leave until 3!!! i waited for weeks for a schedule & they continued to tell me it would be done soon & never once got it. they never showed me how to clock in or out. very unprofessional!!! never told me the next time i was working. i only worked 5 hours but i don’t think they are even going to give me a paycheck either. i wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone for a job!!
Cons
Corelife gives to little of pay and not enough hours
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 5, 2018
Corelife was good at first but eventually they took away almost all of my work time and now I don't get the amount of pay I'm supposed to be getting the people are good and nice but the job is unorganized and not reliable for living purposes.
Pros
Good environment, good food
Cons
Low pay, low hours, not organized, bad management
HIgh Volume location, great leadership team
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 15, 2018
If you are passionate about work and looking for advancement Core's management team is there to guide you. The opportunity is there. You do however, need to apply yourself and put in the time
Pros
opportunity for advancement