CoreLife Eatery Employee Reviews

worst employers ever
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 15, 2018
worst job ever worst employers rude as heck dont care about staff selfish staff members picky hiring no tam members staff is selfish only cares about themselves
Pros
no pros
Cons
all kinds of cons no perks of working here
One of the best jobs I have had.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYOctober 27, 2018
Corelife Eatery was one of my favorite jobs. The staff were great and I really enjoyed training everyone that came to our store to open new stores around the country.
Good job culture
Crew Member/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 21, 2018
The owner and manager cares their employees and costumers. Encourage and thank all employees doing good job daily. The owner promotes from inside. Very positive working enviroments.
Pros
Positive working environments
Cons
working with high schoolers
productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 27, 2018
fast paced and stressful, team originated
couldn't just call in sick
no time off
very stressful
the managers where great I did enjoy working at core life eatery and do miss it
healthy foods
Pros
some free lunches on occasion
Cons
no paid time off
Awful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  syracuse nySeptember 23, 2018
I highly suggest not working here. It is truly awful. You are over worked, not paid well and management is awful. It’s a terrible place to work. the schedule is always late, and it’s only for that week. you can request time off and most of the time you won’t get that time off. everyone is miserable that works there. you never get out on time. it’s also very busy, but it’s also under staffed so it’s awful.
Pros
1/2 off salads
Cons
Everything else
Work at McDonald's or BK instead
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 21, 2018
While the owners of this company are wonderful and truly care about their mission and business, as you move down the management line you completely lose that. When starting out we all received as many hours as we were supposed to and pay we thought was reasonable. Very soon though more and more people were hired and hours were cut for everyone. On top of losing hours, pay did not increase when minimun wage increased, leaving us to be making minimum wage suddenly. There is no room for advancement with Core even though they will say that they strongly encourage it. You will be told over and over for months that they want to make you a supervisor because of all of your hard work and dedication, then every time a position opens up they hire from outside. On top of everything else, you will be expected to drop everything to come in to cover other shifts when needed and it will be held against you if you don't for whatever reason. For all of this and more, the turnover rate for this location is ridiculous. If you start here, do not expect to stay any longer than a year. Find just about any other food service job, you will at least be paid more.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Horrible management, Low pay, No benefits
Corelife gives to little of pay and not enough hours
Cook (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 5, 2018
Corelife was good at first but eventually they took away almost all of my work time and now I don't get the amount of pay I'm supposed to be getting the people are good and nice but the job is unorganized and not reliable for living purposes.
Pros
Good environment, good food
Cons
Low pay, low hours, not organized, bad management
bad place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 2, 2018
my first day i worked i worked from 11:30-3 which went fine. the next day the manager trained me & i got there at 11:30 & he sent me home at 1 when i wasn’t supposed to leave until 3!!! i waited for weeks for a schedule & they continued to tell me it would be done soon & never once got it. they never showed me how to clock in or out. very unprofessional!!! never told me the next time i was working. i only worked 5 hours but i don’t think they are even going to give me a paycheck either. i wouldn’t recommend this place to anyone for a job!!
Bad place to work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 26, 2018
The manager would cut my hours and hours of other people he did not like. He would also choose favorites. For example, if i did something I was not supposed to be doing, I would be disciplined for it but if another employee whom he liked did the same he would let it go.
HIgh Volume location, great leadership team
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 15, 2018
If you are passionate about work and looking for advancement Core's management team is there to guide you. The opportunity is there. You do however, need to apply yourself and put in the time
Pros
opportunity for advancement
Nice place to work at just wasn't a fit for me.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14626August 10, 2018
I'm in a position where I need as many hours as I can get because I'm starting college and they couldn't give it to me which is completely understandable. It wasn't the right fit for me and they understood.
Pros
discounts, sick days available
Cons
not enough hours
Niche eatery for rich yuppies.
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 24, 2018
Working with fresh ingredients was refreshing, but that was about the only good thing I can say.

Nepotism is the name of their managerial approach.
Kiss butt or get walking.

The pay was basically a slap in the face for what they expect. Doing three jobs and being paid for one.

Coworkers were mostly enjoyable, minus a few slackers. The slackers were never reprimanded, only the workers who spoke up and voiced their concerns/opinions.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it.
Summary
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2018
Food prep
Dishwasher
Line Cook

Preparing the food to be cooked for the day
Making sure that the dishes are washed efficiently
Helping with any additional tasks that the restaurant has
Good for a high school kid for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 18, 2018
Worked there a month when they first opened. Noticed that many of the coworkers were not team players. Part time work should be enjoyable not stressful. Food was bland and expensive for what you got. Do not regret leaving not a good culture.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Great coworkers, poor pay, fast paced
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJune 11, 2018
Coworkers here are absolutely amazing. Management is a little crazy. Most of the corporate people don't care about you, only care about results and customer perception. Paid poorly for what you're expected to do on a daily basis. Most of the day is fast paced and stressful.
Pros
Half off when working.
Collaborative culture while working in a healthy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 11, 2018
COreLife is a great work experience, especially for those with no prior work experience. The managers provide training and value each employee. It can be fast paced at some times, or very slow.
Fun coworkers, easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed the employees as well as the owners, they were all fun to joke with as well as understanding with flexible hours, the manager is laid back. I would recommend it for a first job.
Pros
Half off lunch, free lemonades
Good work environment, but they over-hired
Culinary Sanitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTApril 16, 2018
The work environment was fast and upbeat. We weren't just a employees, we were a team. The only problem was that they over-hired, and since I was one of the youngest, they let me go.
Pros
Discounts, above average pay, and good work environment
Cons
Went home smelling like tomato soup, new store
Relaxed/Ambient
LINE COOK/GRILL (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at CoreLife Eatery. It just opened and there was quite a bit of confusion with the managers on staff. Overall it is an awesome company, a great place to eat and love what their doing.
Pros
Great food. Great service. Great concept.
Cons
Because of it's recent opening it needs to be more team-oriented.
It’s a decent job to gain experience from just because it’s a new company and there’s so much room for growth
Assist cooks and kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 22, 2018
It’s a young company wanting to expand even faster than possible, so that means budget cut backs on everything and on everyone’s hours, most the shifts you’ll get are 6 hour shifts not much longer than that