CoreLife Eatery Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good for a high school kid for first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJune 18, 2018
Worked there a month when they first opened. Noticed that many of the coworkers were not team players. Part time work should be enjoyable not stressful. Food was bland and expensive for what you got. Do not regret leaving not a good culture.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Collaborative culture while working in a healthy environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 11, 2018
COreLife is a great work experience, especially for those with no prior work experience. The managers provide training and value each employee. It can be fast paced at some times, or very slow.
Fun coworkers, easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed the employees as well as the owners, they were all fun to joke with as well as understanding with flexible hours, the manager is laid back. I would recommend it for a first job.
Pros
Half off lunch, free lemonades
Relaxed/Ambient
LINE COOK/GRILL (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed working at CoreLife Eatery. It just opened and there was quite a bit of confusion with the managers on staff. Overall it is an awesome company, a great place to eat and love what their doing.
Pros
Great food. Great service. Great concept.
Cons
Because of it's recent opening it needs to be more team-oriented.
It’s a decent job to gain experience from just because it’s a new company and there’s so much room for growth
Assist cooks and kitchen staff (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 22, 2018
It’s a young company wanting to expand even faster than possible, so that means budget cut backs on everything and on everyone’s hours, most the shifts you’ll get are 6 hour shifts not much longer than that
Fast pace, stressful, low pay, lots of hours
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYMarch 4, 2018
There were way too many hours, people wouldn’t show up and 5 hour shifts would have to be covered, also leaving the line with few people. So when it got busy everyone scrambled. The only benefit is half off of whatever you buy while ON SHIFT. And a free meal if you pick up a shift. Otherwise you get no discount. Coworkers were very friendly and helpful, memorizing the menu is easy after a few weeks. They will help teach you everything you need to know. Hard to balance life and work. You’re expected to work a lot of hours, especially if people don’t show last minute, they beg you to cover for people who don’t show. Flexible schedules (kinda). Managers are great when they’re not sitting in the office or bringing in personal problems to the work place. You have to be able to stand for really long hours. Break is nice because you get to sit down with coworkers and just hang out till you’re back on shift, it’s the most peaceful time you’ll get all shift. Even though customers still approach you and complain or ask for help.
Pros
Coworkers, free meal (depending), break
Cons
Low pay, too many hours, no shows
Fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 28, 2018
District Manager and Operating Partner in Ohio are cruel and expect unreal results. Scolded like a 5 year old on a daily basis and many tears from employees after conversations with them. I truly do believe in the concept but I could no longer put up with the abuse.
Pros
Healthy eating
Cons
Ohio upper management
Corelife Experience
Team Trainer (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Starting at Corelife was great. I loved the atmosphere, my general manager was awesome, and I loved my coworkers. After about 5 months, we began losing employees. As a minor, I would be working 10-13 hour days with minimal breaks. Once my general manager left, it became a terrible experience. The district manager is incredibly rude to employees. He can be very creepy toward the female workers. His expectations are very unreasonable.
Pros
Half off while working
Cons
Everything else
Fast-paced work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Great food and cool-concept eatery. Management was friendly and flexible. Customer base was pleasant overall. Good work discounts. Communication between all levels and training of new employees could be improved.
Encouraging healthy lifestyle
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 14, 2018
They have had a great reputation in the community for providing healthy meals with a fast food touch. The success at their original location resulted in franchising all over the country and has allowed for a greater audience to experience delicious and nutritious meals for themselves.
Laidback
Starter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 26, 2017
Cool management. Easy fast paced when busy. Its just making salads lol not hard at all. Mild cleaning duties and line setup. A lot of teamwork. Good communication and no spectators.
Pros
Discounts, Free Drinks
Cons
No gurranteed breaks
Great co-workers, good restaurant, awful management
Grill Cook/Cashier/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 11, 2017
Loved most of my co workers. Great food and a good idea but awful management. GM acted like a little child and didn’t know how to order enough food, how to schedule workers around their availability, or how to treat employees correctly.
Pros
Decent discount on already expensive meals
Cons
Everything else
Very Relaxed
Food Preparation, Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Hartford, NYNovember 29, 2017
CoreLife Eatery is a new business to our area and is a relaxed workplace. They are only a part-time job establishment, and there are not enough hours.
Great company to work for
Team Member/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at CoreLife. I liked the people I worked for and it was a company that I believed in. The food was always fresh and always healthy. The hardest part of the job was the fast pace and memorizing the menu.