CorePower Yoga

CorePower Yoga Employee Reviews

United States125 reviews

yogacpystudioinstructormembershipteacherclassteaching

Great community, hard job

Being a part of the CPY community is great! The work of the SET team is tough and not exactly worth the money/trade off. Work is flexible and you can meet some great people.

Provides great experience, but poor compensation

I worked for CorePower as a teacher for about a year and a half before the pandemic hit. I learned a lot from being able to teach live classes shortly after training and it felt like an inclusive environment for the most part. However, compensation was extremely low and was only raised slightly when the company as a whole came under fire for this problem. There is also not a lot of guidance in creating new sequences and this results in doing extra work with no compensation. I was later promoted to a studio coordinator after they reopened studios and this position was more fairly compensated. The studios closed again not long after so I wasn't able to get much of an impression of this position. Overall, it is good for experience as CorePower is a very recognizable name in the yoga sphere, but compensation is lacking.

CorePower Yoga insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

money hungry corporation and no authentic sense of morals

This company only cares about scamming people out of money and appeasing shareholders. The management is constantly rearranging polices, is unclear, and will not allow customers to interact with any sort of management, or give out names of supervisors.

Pros

Cons

Terrible values and phony / management is in shambles

Revolving Door

Yoga Teacher Training programs multiple times a year churn out instructors. Most studio managers have minimal/no leadership experience and are pressured to sell teacher trainings. Seasoned instructors leave and are replaced with new instructors.

The best thing about this job is the yoga membership. The manger lacks of presence and follow through.

Overall as a company, Corepower Yoga is money hungry. They are sales driven vs passionate about building a true yoga community. For example a drop in class is $28 but they only pay instructors $15 per hour. The corporation should take better care of its employees and the business would come organically. When I think of a yoga minded company, I do not think of Corepower. It feels extremely corporate here, and not in a good way.

Pros

Getting a free yoga membership Working with some great yogis and like minded peers

Cons

Extremely low compensation, Not ever being paid commission for sales that was promised, Discrimination towards those with disabilities, Unprofessional conversations between manager and staff, Manager would text peers to check in on employees instead of being present at the studio, Coaching emails send to employees on days off vs holding an in person meeting

Fun place to work

Overall, the students and studio management is great. Lower pay than other companies in the area, however, the work/life balance and the students make it worth it.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Lower pay

Pretty good, some clients and staff were like community! Felt comfortable with staff and other management. Communication was good with other management

Loved it. Nice people and management was understanding and lenient.

It was a pretty chill environment. Like any other job they expect you to show up on time and do what is asked of you. Once you get your work done and study is clean and tidy everyone is pretty happy.

If you need a part time job and don’t care about compensation CPY is your place.

Really burns out their employees. They expect you to be available 24/7 and want to pay you minimum wage. Too many politics for almost an unlivable pay

Pros

Free membership for instructors Discount of retail Good place to meet people Free advanced training

Cons

Bad pay Expected to work whenever needed Eternity to get tiny pay raise/promoted

On Set Team- easy work, worth it for the discount

Joined set team pre covid. Easy enough to do and kept me motivated to go to classes since I was working for my membership. Would have preferred the ability to do 2 shifts.

Great place as an hourly employee/yoga instructor

loved working at CPY as a yoga instructor! raises are yearly and fair. you must teach a minimum of 2 classes/week which i think is more than fair. you also get a lot of benefits (free membership) which made the job worth it for me! lots of opportunities to grow within this company if you desire!

Nice place to work while your figure out life

Work here only if you have another job and want to teach for fun, meet new people, get discounts on clothing, etc. this is not a place to stay for the long term.Advancement is difficult because the only clear advancement path is becoming a studio manager with low pay and a higher stress/accountability level

Pros

Retail discounts on the premium yoga brands they sell in studio, Free membership for a friend if you teach two or more classes per week

Cons

RUDE customers especially since covid, Expectations of teachers to clean and be the “mask police”

fun workspace, great team, not reliable as a sole source of income

I loved my time at CorePower Yoga. As a part time job or a means of receiving a free yoga membership, it is a wonderful job. That being said, do not expect this fulfill a full time job needs. You would have to teach every class or every week to make a livable salary and that would be impossible for your physical and mental health. After over a year at the studio I got my annual promotion to an extra 25-50 CENTS per hour. I loved the job, the flexibility, the supportive and understanding management, great coworkers, amazing customer service interactions, and the perks of a free membership, plus one membership, and discount on merchandise. I just could never have made it work as a full time opportunity and now that I have left and branched out to other studios, I realize that $12/hour so $25 per class (including a half hour before and after each class) is REALLY below industry normal.

Pros

membership, good atmosphere, inclusive, easy to pick up extra classes

Cons

terrible pay rate, takes forever to advance even the smallest amount

Upper management getting better

Yoga Instructors took a stand and upper corporate management is finally listening and implementing changes we want to see after none of us wanted to return after we were laid off due to Covid. It was apparent CorePower stakeholders value profit over people. Local management is great, however.

Good environment to work in

Corepower Yoga is a very nice place to work. at. The people are. fun to. be around and it is not very hectic. It is busy during the. times members. arrive before and leave class, but for the most part. it was a. nice relaxing environment.

Great office environment with a fun setting, but terrible compensation for the amount of work and not much growth.

The people and the environment of the office made work seem more lighthearted and fun, but poor communication made the job more difficult. It is a cool company to work for, but only for a short period of time as there is not much room for advancement.

Pros

Fun work environment, unique office, fun people

Cons

Healthcare, pay, communication

Building community and connection, honing speech skills

Working at CPY was an experience I will treasure forever. Not only do the leaders I worked with effectively lead, they cultivated a culture of constructive feedback, constant improvement and positivity. They had my back more than a few times.

Pros

Free yoga classes, plus one membership for a friend, positive human interaction

Cons

Too many emails and sub requests. It takes over your inbox.

Great people, but poor compensation

Both students and fellow teachers provide a great community. However, compensation is abysmal. Starting rates for teachers are hardly competitive and, frankly, unlivable. And for the amount of work you take constructing playlists and sequences, the hourly wage is even worse.

Pros

Free membership, great community

Cons

Unlivable wages

Fun and Fulfilling Work with No Work Life Balance

Teaching yoga is the best job in the world and the CPY community is awesome. Unfortunately, as a member of management you are on call 100% of the time and lack support from upper management. Opportunity for advancement is always available but qualified employees will often be passed over due to favoritism which makes moving up difficult. There is an expectation that you will take on more hours and more workload to prove your dedication which leads to burnout.

Pros

Free yoga, community, benefits

Cons

Poor work/life balance

Was a great place to work, new executive team does not appreciate yoga or CPY's history

CorePower was the BEST place to work under former leadership team. They cared about yoga and people and made smart decisions. The new executive team is ruining the culture and business; they don't appreciate yoga or the talents of the people who made cpy what it is today. Some of the most inspirational leaders and skilled yoga master teachers are being driven out by new operations leaders. Used to be a good place for new mothers to work; all the mothers of young children were forced to step down bc of lack of work life balance.

Pros

wonderful community of students, teachers and leaders at the studio level

Cons

exec leaders disconnected from yoga and the culture; corporate, sterile culture now

Core power yoga

Nice people and community. Studios are clean and worn is straightforward. Free yoga is a great benefit but you have to teach a certain minimum of classes per week.

Pros

People, studios, free yoga

Cons

Difficult to pass interview, a racket in terms of the teacher training process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CorePower Yoga. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

1.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare CorePower Yoga with

• CorePower Yoga
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?