Corizon Health Employee Reviews

Great company
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 12, 2018
Correctional Medical Services was a delightful company to work for both in NJ and DE. The doctors were exceptional and I learned a lot from them. I had no problem with inmates. I would always recommend working for corrections with Correctional Medical Services and Correct Care solutions because both companies have extension experience in corrections. I do not recommend Connections for employment in corrections because their expertise is mainly with mental health.
nurse
Correctional Nurse, Infirmary (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 11, 2018
The typical day is seeing sick call patients, handing out medications, performing physicals, and administering and reading TB skin tests. It is not a physically demanding job and you work at your own pace.
Infirmary Clerk
Infirmary Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Butler, FLSeptember 7, 2018
Helped take care of 34 inmate patients in a prison infirmary. I learned a lot, but the job was very stressful. Not a job I would recommend for someone that is not able to multitask.
This company no longer exists
Tennessee Contract Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 5, 2018
It was a great company when I worked with them. They merged with another company which changed all the dynamics of the company I worked with. Anything I say would not apply.
Past employee
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 2, 2018
Previous employee loved working for Corizon until i was terminated without investigation due to an inmate and coworker. Corizon did not do a full investigation. I was completely dedicated to them and worked 60+ hours a week and was flexible.
job duties
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 29, 2018
I was there for two years under this company. And work well in all locations. Learned a lot about correction medicine. training was very good. would not change a thing
work place culture
Administrative Assistant/Scheduler/Medical Records (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INAugust 29, 2018
worked at a prison and dealt with inmates daily, to provide health care. fast paced enviornment and very stressfull but challenging. worked with a group of people and we all got along
I thought this would be my job until retirement
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fordland, MOAugust 28, 2018
After 5 years of dedicated and fruitful years I learned my management skills were not wanted or appreciated, I truly enjoyed going to work each day and interacting with the state employees as well as my co workers. I thought if I worked extra so my staff did not have to that would be appreciated, it was not and my dislike of confrontation was my downfall. The company was not at fault, I was just not right for the position.
Pros
Not a hard job physically
Cons
Working with old, outdated equipment, but was getting better
I have had no difficulty here
Substance Abuse Counselor (Current Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 27, 2018
i have seen a lot of bad reviews for corizon saying it is a terrible place to work. That has not been my experience. Every place is going to have pros and cons. there is no place in the world where you are going to be 100% happy. You have to look at the big picture. I have gotten two raises in the almost 3 years i have been working for corizon. yes, it is true sometimes supplies are delayed, but i have everything i need to do my job. Nothing is perfect, but overall it is very comfortable. I love my shift. The people i work with are the best. Upper management has been good to me. I have no complaints. What i have noticed, is that if you do your job, and you are professional, everything will be ok. No one has ever tried to write me up for small things. i have never been written up. but, i do what i am asked to do. i speak my mind, and you can do that without being antagonistic. my assumption, is that the bad reviews are from disgruntled employees.
Pros
Pay, Pto, Schedule, co-workers, room to grow, educational opportunities
Cons
need personnel office at facility, deal with personnel by phone or email
Productive, fun to work. Great staffing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fluvanna County, VAAugust 26, 2018
Promotes within. Great with tuition reimbursement. Encourages advancements. Large clientele pharmacy. Great way to increase pharmacy and clinical skills. Staffing can be short at times as with any medical profession.
Pros
Good pay with shift/weekend benifits. Great staff to work with. Management listens to concerns.
Cons
Don't always gets breaks. High volumne of patient complaints.
Correctional company
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fluvanna County, VAAugust 26, 2018
Large clientele pharmacy. Opportunity to increase pharmacy and nursing assessment skills. Alot if emergency calls that may it may not be real. Working with security personnel can be difficult at times, depending on shift. Fast paced environment working in clinics. Patient load can be high depending on what areas you work. Help not always available.
Pros
Free lunch provided by facility. Great people that work with you.
Cons
Short staff at times. Large population, case load
Nice Job !
Assist the medical and correctional staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2018
I learned so much from my peers and my boss. It was a place that I was able to enhance my skills and learn new ability that were transferable to my future positions.
ok
Corrections RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 15, 2018
Correction nursing gives a nurse the opportunity to be a true patient advocate instead of a patient servant, its important to go in with an unbiased attitude and to nurse with strict boundaries, The company educated its staff on these measures well. The nurses are often in the middle of no where with a "clickish" mentality, primarily due to the selection pool of nurses in such remote locations. Unfortunately the leaders are the same way.
Excellent learning experince!!!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed working for SNMCF. It was my first nursing job and I learned so much!!! It was an excellent learning experience. I worked with an excellent team.
Pros
Great Benefits, Pto, Tuition Reimbursement and chose desired shift.
Prison work
Corrections nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottsbluff, NEAugust 12, 2018
Very easy job great benefits and working with correctional staff as well as other nurses. Flexible schedules, and caring staff. Required to do treatment of inmates meds and wounds.
Pros
benefits area outstanding
Cons
locked down in a prison
see below
Master Behavioral Science Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mountain City, TNAugust 11, 2018
Great Experience to work with a prison population. I worked with many serious diagnosis. I had the opportunity to work with many clients with PTSD. I focus on anxiety disorders for group counseling and this facility gave me the opportunity to do that.
Pros
flex work day and good time off
Cons
constant policy change-indecisiveness
Short Staffed & Mandatory Overtime
RN (Current Employee) –  Tipton, MOAugust 6, 2018
Schedule promised at hire but never obtained. Short staffed, mandatory overtime with no incentives. Administrator demands of staff work that she is not willing to do herself. Nurses have to train the officers. Mandated to clock out for lunch but not allowed to leave the infirmary. Low morale overall.
Pros
Free meals; if you like prison food.
Cons
Can't leave for your lunch break though clocked out.
Great pay and benefits
Regional Administrative/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rawlins, WYAugust 2, 2018
Pay and benefits are great however it is a very stressful environment. There isn't much guidance at this location from management and the onboarding and new hire process is not organized. I feel like too many staff are thrown in and sink or learn to swim.
productive
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. They were contracted with the prison system hospital. You had interactions with some of the inmates. Which was okay most of the time. The hardest part was sometimes knowing what the inmates crimes were. The best part of the job was the coworkers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short lunch break
RN at Corizon
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 24, 2018
The unit is understaffed and sometimes you wonder how you will get all of your work done in your shift. They are making efforts to hire more people, but they need to make their unit more technology friendly, install A/C, and advocate for their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corizon Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight