Corizon Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
They Suck
Certified/Licensed Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 16, 2018
They cheat you out of your raises. They do not train you properly or at all. They have favorites and it shows. They are very unfair to work for and they SUCK!
This place is a nightmare....
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 8, 2018
Working for this company was a nightmare!!! The management didnt care about its employees. We never had supplies when we need them. Computers were always broken. The Administrative Assistant didn't no how to do payroll sometimes people wouldn't get paid, and she blame the corporate office. So before you apply please do your research about this company. There is so much more I can say but not enough space:/
Pros
correctional staff was great
Cons
their management
An unethical place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Florida State PrisonJuly 4, 2018
This company did not care about employees or inmates. Their focus was making money only. The company laid lots of people off to save money. They took people with severe mental illness off meds. Their policies caused a lot of stress in the workplace.
Pros
All my clients were in one building.
Cons
Poor management
Corizon Great place to work
Manager of IT Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 29, 2018
In my 28 years at Corizon I was very happy and enjoyed the opportunities and opportunity to grow my career. I enjoyed manager a staff of professionals and the challenges to strive me to be a better negotiator for best pricing.
My review stands
Medical Director Fayette County Medical Center (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 29, 2018
I was and still am discouraged about the patient management . For example , an inmate presented with bright rectal bleeding and was , per Corizon protocol , prescribed stool softeners . About a month later he came to see me in clinic . . I tried getting him scheduled for colonoscopy after my exam revealed blood on my glove and there were no lesions palpated . Well , the protocol called for 3 positive stools . Which I promptly did in clinic. To make the story short he had Stage 3 B colon cancer . I explained to him what that meant .
I got him set up for chemo radiation . The Corizon oncologist called me and explained to me there was a shorter , less expensive and as effective protocol . He was a pleasure to consult out of this whole dismal experience .
Due to budget restraints and the " need for approval " many medication orders were missed by me . I would usually be told after the fact .
Putting in certain orders were made easier by the nursing staff , particularly the Director of Nursing .
Basically , the EMR system was not user friendly and required a lot of time to get up to speed . I have used and preferred EPIC EMR.
Perhaps the EMR was best for an inmate population .
It was basically a sad time for me . The inmates are really in a bad situation and I truly admire the efforts made by Corizon staff . I had a difficult time adjusting to any protocol that delayed patient care .
terrible company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 29, 2018
Corizon does not take care of their employees. they are very quick to get rid of good employees to cover there own buts.The pay and hours are good but its not worth getting fired.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not worth getting fired for
Do not recommend to others.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Fulton, MOJune 26, 2018
Good place to learn time management and oversee LPNs. Little or no advancement for RNs. Not enough PRN staff to cover emergencies requiring the overworked lower management to cover vacancies. Do not recommend to others.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
no breaks, have clock out for lunch and return to your workstation
Correctional Care
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJune 25, 2018
Work performed with a team approach to promote quality care within a correctional setting. Work is within an outpatient clinic type setting to diagnose and treat acute and chronic conditions.
Great experience
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJune 19, 2018
Great experience. I enjoyed my job, I had my own area which I loved. I did not have a hard part on this job. Enjoy everything I did. Overall I truly enjoyed every moment with other departments.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Commute
Terrible management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fordland,MissouriJune 17, 2018
THE MOST UNPROFESSIONAL PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED!
Immature, unprofessional management that pits shifts against shifts, says one thing yet does another, formal write ups at the drop of a hat for minuscule things that were previously discussed and “ok’d”. Managers don’t have a clue what’s going on because they only speak to day shift, leave early every Friday, do not instill a healthy working environment. The nurses that complain all the time get their way, those that keep their nose to the grindstone and just get the job done without playing into the drama, life is hard.
The DOC staff is top notch. Inmates respectful. I felt safer working there than the hospital.
Today is my last day working there. I have accepted a new position elsewhere. I was going to speak with the DON or HSN but they were gone all day, don’t know where they were or when they will be back. Typical.
Pros
Salary, Pto, coworkers
Cons
Management, old-style DOS charting, immature coworkers
Challenging
Psychology Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 15, 2018
My experience was difficult. The main areas of concern were being severely overworked, poor organizational management, unsupported and high employee turnover which created difficulty for patient care and employee performance. I experienced fear regarding other employees. In my 13 years of clinical counseling work, it was the worst employment experience I have had. I have never been so unhappy at employment and I have generally liked all my employment and employers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Aforementioned
Corizon Philadelphia
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2018
Corizon is a company whose culture is " The employee is always wrong and your input is not valued." it is a dictatorship environment, with administration, who looks to discipline, over praise.
Poor management
Master Behavioral Specialist Counselor (Current Employee) –  Only, TNJune 7, 2018
Contract company and those making the rules/policy have no idea what is going on at ground level. Hard to meet the demands they place on you and they don't communicate with TDOC to get all that employees need to be productive.
terrible
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Frostproof, FLJune 4, 2018
If you want to keep your license, STAY away!! I'm not sure about the other locations, but the Polk county locations are just terrible. The DON's don't care or don't stay long. The HSA and assistant are even worse.
Wonderful
DENTAL ASSISTANT/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 4, 2018
wonderful place to work, they care for their employees!!
Pay and scheduling was great. I only left because my position was part time and I needed full time with benefits at the time.
Work Place Culture
Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 2, 2018
Working with the clients and making a difference is the most rewarding part of this job. I teaches you haw to work under stressful conditions and still professionally perform your job.
Pros
The staff of Mental Health Unit.
Cons
The cultural environment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 29, 2018
Work place was busy the work was about the same for me. Most enjoyable was doing research to assist the professionals I learned several programs, scanning and answering and directing calls to the proper person
A growing company that has an opporpunity to overcome its past.
Director of Addiction Recovery Programs (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 29, 2018
I am responsible for the day to day operation of eleven different programs supervising forty employees. I am responsible for employee retention and to ensure the programs are in compliance with the contract. I am responsible for program dvelopment and program integerity to ensure the programs are delievering the highest level of care.
Pros
Ability to develop programs
Cons
Payment to staff
bad
Inventory Control/Pharmacy Lead (Current Employee) –  Florence, AZMay 28, 2018
its stressful and never enough staff. love the people i work with but its impossible to get your job done with the staffing issue. it seems to never change
I have nothing good to say about this company.
Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Larned, KSMay 27, 2018
Dr is never onsite to assess patients. Poor quality of care due to inmate population. Very unsanitary and dangerous at times. Do not recommend employment with this company.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corizon Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight