CORNELL IRON WORKS Employee Reviews

Productive Stable Environment
Plant Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 15, 2017
A workplace that cares about the employees. Coworkers always willing to teach as long as you are willing to learn. Very serious about workplace safety and keeping employees.
A good place to work
Marketing Powder Coat Dept. Lead Man (Former Employee) –  Mount Top, PANovember 8, 2017
I worked in a Powder Coat Dept. My Job Was Simple yet Technical. I really enjoyed the challenges that came with it. I loved ensuring that the products which came from my department were always above standards. Customer satisfaction is always important.
Pros
Co-Workers / Work Environment
Cons
High Output / Fast Paced
Great Place to work
Design Engineer/Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAJuly 6, 2017
This is a great family owned business. You get all the necessary tools you need to get the job done. The pay isn't all that well, but the people are amazing. The product is great as well as the processes that make it.
Pros
Family Life, Leadership, Support from Management
Cons
Pay
Ok.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAJuly 13, 2014
Learned many skills within the company's needs.
Flexible hours.
Great place to work stong vaules and growth
Service Tech III (Former Employee) –  Mountaintop PA.October 18, 2013
high paced
started in manufacturing advanced to sales
fair and understanding
excellent group to work with
multitasking and demands to fulfill
being around good people and job security
Pros
advancement and trips
Cons
some non-knowlegeable management pushing the envolope
180+ years in family owned business
Materials Manager/Director of Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAFebruary 18, 2013
Operating under the same family ownership. Longevity is impressive. They make a quality product with a strong safety record. It is a configure to order environment. Must be able to react quickly to order releases.
Pros
incredible longevity
Cons
culture changed since acquiring a competitor
Excellent company to work for - very good to their employees
Executive Assistant to V.P. of Sales (Former Employee) –  Mountaintop, PAApril 14, 2012
My typical day was all about multi-tasking. It was a very fun, yet fast-paced environment. Each day would bring along different tasks (challenges) and projects. From attending meetings, organizing sales team projects and working closely with other departments such as Marketing and Accounting was to be expected. My daily job duties also included interacting (via phone) with the 15 Regional Sales Managers and working on individual tasks with them and reviewing and approving expense reports. Enforcing deadlines - often the Regional Managers would be assigned projects and they would submit them to me so that I could compile all the information into a single format/spreadsheet. Updating budget, revenue vs. epxenses and market share spreadsheets. Reviewing and approving Regional Managers commissions, and updating MapPoint database with all customers. In addition, assisting my boss (VP of Sales) with whatever was on his plate for the day.
Pros
compensation and healthcare. worked independently, not micro-managed. the people were awesome!
Cons
travel for my position recently increased greatly.