Cornell Scott Hill Health Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Here is my review
CT - Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTAugust 16, 2018
N/A No comment. The fellow associates there are a pleasure to work with. The Management teal can be more empathetic and understanding to associates needs and respect.
Slow-pace work envirobment, good for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 5, 2018
Management is very poor, certain managers/directors are childish, immature and choose favoritism which is completely unprofessional. Lots of drama. Avoid working here at all costs.
GReat community place
Medical Assistant/Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 28, 2018
Great place to grow if you just came out of Nursing or Medical Assistant School. The hardest part of working there, was trying to understand patients who had mental issues from the community.
Great Place to Work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 15, 2018
The Cornell Scott Hill Health Center is located in the heart of hill community and provides the necessary healthcare services to clients throughout New Haven. The organization is truly committed and genuinely dedicated in providing quality service to the public.
Pros
Several community based satellites
Cons
Closed on weekends
Amazing coworkers
WIC Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CT 06519December 7, 2017
All coworkers worked together and were civil with supervisor but poor management, manager was barely in her office and asked employees for help. But met in the middle.
balanced medical office
INTERN (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 26, 2017
This was a balanced medical office in terms of work. You had to establish a rapport with the clients because many of them were repeat clients. The computer software was very user firendly in terms of looking up and scheduling patients.
great place to gain experience
Patient Registrar (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 12, 2017
It is a nice place to work but has constant changes in employees and environment. It is a great place when to learn and gain experiences, although there is change quite often, which makes you learn to be very adaptable.
Pros
employees are friends
Cons
no raises
Stress stress stress
Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTNovember 10, 2017
Not the best environment to work. However I enjoyed working and helping patients and co-workers. ====================================================
Great Place to Work
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 28, 2017
CSHHC is a great place to work. The knowledge and skills learned are unmeasurable! I feel Clinician s at CSHHC are above the standard in the clinical field due to documentation standards and applied clinical skills used. CSHHC offers great benefit packages as well as paid time off and flexible schedule.
Pros
individual supervision
Cons
half hour lunch
Excellent place to garner wide range experience in health care field
Behavioral Therapist (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2017
I would recommend this company for those interested in working in community health care. Excellent opportunities to garner wide range experience. Loan repayment is huge bonus
Pros
community relations, loan repayment, extensive experience
Cons
n/a
great place to work
Clinician II (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 26, 2017
I actually like working here. The only reason I live in CT was for this work offer. Overall Cornell Scott Hill Health Center attempts to create a company culture of inclusion. I like my job and feel I am provided with advancement opportunity and space to create my own rhythm at work. The cons I can find are not comparable to the pros that Cornell has to offer.
Pros
colleagues, career advancement, salary
Cons
need more options for healthcare, would benefit from childcare, possible conflict of interest when needing to resolve issues within clinic.
productive and fun place to work
HR Administrative Assistant Temp (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 21, 2017
I was was very busy working in HR and covering reception area and I enjoyed working there. The people were very nice. It was very close to home, which made it easy to get to work on time.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
short term assignment
Registrar (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTSeptember 11, 2017
I really enjoyed all of our patients, coworkers and management. Everyone is very understanding the pay is well and never had a a problem in regards to supervisors being understanding and assisting when it was needed. It may get hectic at time because it is so fast paced but the job is very rewarding,
very productive and interesting
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 31, 2017
my typical day at work and be fun to do but sometimes stressful depending on how the day goes or the mood attitude of the workload that we gets each day and depending on the calls that i gets but at the same time it can be interesting and challenging too. what i learn how to do things in a timely manner like when my position as a medical records clerk i scanned patients charts in a professional and timely matter yes i have made mistakes here and there but i have been able to learn from my mistakes.my workplace culture was mix withe different people as a whole that worked in different departments. the hardest part of the job was when you didn"t get the job done correctly or the when you could help the person on the phone to located the documentation of the patient on the computer and when you looked for the documentation sometimes its there or not there its get compliatated. the most enjoyable part of the job that you got pay well to take care family.
Pros
have different events every year
Cons
short breaks or hour lunches depend on what time you come to work
Highly Professional
Referral Specialist Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 19, 2017
This company has given me opportunities of professional and personal growth. I am forever grateful for the lives that have touched me and I have touched!

I'm not leaving a company I worked for the past 9 years, I'm leaving a family behind!
Pros
Cornell Scott Founder of CS-Hill Health Center
Cons
n/a
fully integrated community health center
Psychiatrist (Former Employee) –  400 Columbus AvenueJune 15, 2017
staff members are passionate about their patients and their work, as BH department has outpatient, inpatient detox and PHP/IOP substance use programs it is easy to provide appropriate level of care. You have one hour for new patients and half an hour for follow-ups. Location of the clinic is very convenient, you can have teaching opportunities at Yale ( I loved that part), medical students and residents come to the clinic.
Worked hard not acknowledged
Office Manager/Practice Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 9, 2017
Good company, not many training or advancement opportunities, loved the patients and the coworkers that actually had a heart for the patients, providers work very hard.
Pros
patient care
Cons
under staffed over worked
high stress
Detox Triage RN (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMay 24, 2017
Working or CSHHC was challenging to say the least. I learned alot do to learning how to function with short staff and high acuity. The work environment was pretty hostile due to staff and patients, and management had a hard time controlling staff. The best part was the pay which was decent.
Great Place to be
Administration (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 7, 2017
Great place to work that offers career advancement opportunities when they become available. I met a lot of great people who were truly dedicated to the mission of the Center.
Diversed
Detox Technician (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 11, 2017
A typical day consist of Vitals , Triage of patients, assist Registered Nurse with patient assessments. Aid and educate patients with steps to recovery.
Pros
Great compensation, overtime welcomed, uniform vouchers provided.
Cons
Highly stressful environment