Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to start
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAFebruary 13, 2019
Corner was my second job but it definitely felt like a first job to me. The environment was nice and easy paced. The Old GM and management team were great. Sadly, the whole team is gone and was replaced. While I worked there I always had a fun filled day.
Pros
Fun and active
Cons
New management team
I was work
Cashier/ FOH (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 5, 2019
This job, was well just your acreage part time job. The management staff were nice, but they were not always super helpful. When you asked questions sometime I felt like their responses mad me feel like it was dumb that I was asking questions. The work environment was good, but there was a lot of gossip and bashing of others.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NM 88011January 29, 2019
had a great energy to it and felt like a welcoming place. The schedule was easily worked with and they made you feel like a valued employee. I had a great time under their employment
Not a great place to work
Expoditer/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 27, 2019
The management is not great, but it is mostly the general manager. They are extremely concerned about how much money they are bringing in, but when there's no customers between 7 and close god forbid you start closing. The assistant managers are fine, its mainly the general manager that makes it so unenjoyable. They aren't keen on giving raises either so good luck there.
Pros
not usually busy
Cons
Bad pay, bad hours, management, food sucks
server
Processed sales transactions (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 24, 2019
work cashier and bring customers their food. keeping the store and bathrooms clean talking to guest and getting to know them on a first name basis ...
lean back job but good experience and practice for learning different skills in the food industry
Server (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TX 78681January 24, 2019
I like working here and still plan on working here but I need more hours and better pay. everyone is nice and laid back great for people who want to be in the food business.
Horrible place to work.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 22, 2019
Avoid working here unless your desperate. They treat employees like trash. The managers seemed clueless and wouldn't help you at all with anything. They were crass, rude and unprofessional to say the least.
Pros
Cons
Late paychecks, no benefits
Poor Management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 21, 2019
The management at Corner Bakery in Pleasant Prairie was disrespectful to their employees and difficult to work with. As a student who is often pre-occupied with extracurricular activities, I was very upfront at my interview about how important my schedule was to me. While most of my day-to-day job was quite enjoyable, a looming presence in my work-life was our group of managers. Although they were to blame for most workplace mishaps, it was often turned around on their underage employees, who still are given long hours, with unjustifiably low pay, and poor overall treatment.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Short breaks, erratic hours.
Great
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 20, 2019
Best job great people work there great people some eat there love everything wish I Work more days but over all the job is good I Work there once a week but it helps me manage my money and work hard for my job it's so great
Pros
Everything greats
Cons
Best best ever love it
You'll get to work with great people.
Kitchen Staff and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calabasas, CAJanuary 20, 2019
I have learned a lot on the job about what I can handle, how to manage my time, being around different personalities and the work that goes into a restaurant business.
Very well managed
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2019
I greeted customers and took orders, I learned time management and customer service skills, the job was very consistent with work. The hardest part about the job was the seasonal menu and the most enjoyable part of this job was serving regular customers.
Managment Lacked
Key Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJanuary 17, 2019
Through my experience working there. Only one manager really put in the effort for the employees and the corporate were very lack in taking care of their employees.
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Poor Managment
Overworked Opener
Cashier, Expediter, Server (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 16, 2019
Working at corner bakery was easy but draining. If you are competent at all they will take advantage of that and give you too many hours without any concern of your outside life. On the flip side the pay is nice and the customers tip. Management is very questionable but if you are in a fix for a job go for it.
Enjoyable
Taking Chief complaint (Former Employee) –  Irving, TX 75063January 15, 2019
This was my first job and I had the opportunity to work with cooks who had over 10 years of experience and they both answered my questions and even offered rides when I did not have my own vehicle.
Very friendly staff and managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2019
All the managers were very kind and understanding to any issues and are quick to solve anything. The most enjoyable part is the mostly kind customers and peers. Job asks to learn a lot but its easy, depending on the job within the store.
Pros
discounts
Not Great
Cashier/Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Management obviously picked favorites. Over-all morale was low. Constant talk of walking out and quitting. FOH not properly trained to work with customers. Managers told but never enforced rules.
Pros
30 min break, discounts
Cons
management, BOH attitude and language, FOH rude and untrained
Good working company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Never had issues with the company, The district manager however, When he was caught in a bald face lie, tried to fire me on the spot. He freaked out when I told it as is. He was never stood up too and I just never lie.
That made for a harassing work place. so he transferred me to another area and out of his group. Things were great after that but was head hunted during the transfer to another company
Pros
Love all teh people
Cons
poor Distric management
Toxic and not understanding
Server (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 12, 2019
Before going in I would have panic attacks, I called in for being sick and was told that was unprofessional although it was 8 houors before my shift and I had missed school that day.
Excellent place to work!
Cashier/Server/Expo (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJanuary 12, 2019
Worked here for years through high school and college and absolutely loved it! Managers were nice and willing to work with my schedule, the work wasn't terrible and I loved the staff I worked with!
A decent place
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 11, 2019
This job was decent if you are a college student that needs money in your pockets. Hours were okay because were also students, so accommodations were easily made if you let them know ahead of time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight