Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Sometimes stressful and unorganized
Expo, Hot/Cold Cook, and Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2018
I began at corner bakery when it was first opened, and the progression of the management and culture was very slow. The pay was fair, and the work was balanced between the employees. However, the management was unorganized sometimes.
Not great
CATERING SUPERVISOR; STORE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  N Arlington, NJDecember 6, 2018
not the best place to work. do not care about giving employees hours, but rather hitting labor goals for bonuses. I get it, but you cannot be upset when employees leave
Could be a fun job at times with the right team, mostly stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 5, 2018
Working here is good to learn about patience, nothing else. The general manager here is very lazy and doesn't vouch for employees. The other managers were okay, only 2 of them that worked there at the time were worth being managers. The rest sucked. Which makes it way more stressful than it should be. A lot of favoritism goes on here and it is not fair for the others. The only thing that came out good out of this job was that they are flexible with your school schedule. Besides that, it sucked.
Pros
50% meals
Cons
Management sucks
Best place to work for
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  CADecember 1, 2018
i have been working here for 4 years and i have made a second family here! the managers always help you out and it is a very good experience. It was my first job and i loved learning everything and just working with the best co coworkers!
Pros
the people you meet!
Cons
people call out a lot and sometimes your short staffed
statement reviwe
Hostess/ Food runner (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WADecember 1, 2018
you better be on time even a second late and it's you on the line, even if you're early they will ask you to clock in before your shift. Management takes about employees and their status at the work to other employees. not very clean. Advice to Management

Every day you have a smile on your face and bring great energy to the entire office. The team appreciates everything you do for us and the company!
Pros
free food
Cons
management
I really enjoyed working here!
FOH Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CANovember 26, 2018
I would 10/10 recommend working here they have decent and fair schedules. I just wished that I had full-time all year rather than most of the year and then in the summer it was cut to 1-2 days a week.
Pros
Everything Else
Cons
Need Full-Time All Year
Fun Workplace
Key Employee (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXNovember 26, 2018
Worked there for 2 years loved it, learned every position. The best part is the people you meet and talk to throughout the day. The hardest is that you are on your feet for hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Exhaustion
great place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 26, 2018
Great place to work. Offer full benfits for all employees after a few months of work. Set me up with all the manager knowledge i know now. Really a great plat to work
Great first job
Key Employee (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CANovember 23, 2018
A consistent shift every time. Learned a lot about team work as well as stepping up as a leader. Stressful on weekends but weekdays were good. Met my best friends here.
It’s fun to work here
Casher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 23, 2018
at corner bakery cafe if the day was going to be busy you’ll know it as soon as the doors would open cause it would just be busy the whole day. Regular customer expect you already to know their order. Some managers also know the customers and tries to talk to them. At the store I am in the coworkers help each other and it’s like a big team.
its a good place to work at
CTC General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
Corner Bakery Café is a great place to work for, I've learned a lot over the years from working with them. I don't regret none of my days there. CBC have a fun work place culture that we spread in a work day.
Everyone is nice but the manager
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 18, 2018
General manager didn't give me feed back when she needed me to change my actions, instead she just kept cutting my hours until I wasn't even on the schedule. She never said anything to me about it and never gave informed me that I wasn't on the schedule at all.
Pros
Nice employees. Assistant managers all great. Good food with 50% discount
Cons
General manager is disconnected from crew.
Was a great place to work great work vibes and consistent daily tasks
Team Memeber (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CANovember 18, 2018
Had a great time working at Corner Bakery Cafe they just had no future advancement opportunities to offer within the company so I had to move onto somewhere that could be more long term with promotion opportunities.
Pros
Free food, Great customers
Cons
Store closed down
Not a good company to work for.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington heights IllinoisNovember 18, 2018
They dont appreciate all the effort you put in,I was with this company for 11 years and after five years I realized how things really work and it's sad because no one really cares to help you Advance,they use you to there advantage,I stay there because after 5 years I had some health problems and the company those offer medical leave that was the only reason I stayed.
Pros
Benefits and vacation
Cons
No room for Advancement
No Appreciation
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 16, 2018
I didn’t feel appreciated for all the work I put in. I lost all motivation and drive and the management wasn’t encouraging or helpful with improving my skills and furthering my career. It always felt like every day we were getting by by the skin of our teeth and I just got burned out from th long hours.
Fun workplace, bad management
Barista (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 16, 2018
High-stress situations, only amplified by poor management. Fun place to work with really kind and accepting co-workers. Ultimately the cons outweighed the benefits of staying at the job.
Pros
7 do
Cons
unpaid breaks
Key Employee
Shift Leader/Customer Service/ cashier/ server (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 15, 2018
Clock in at 5:45am daily . Open restaurant, prepare food, make sure dining area is stocked, count til for register , prepare all staff for opening. Organize all areas and prep food. ect.
Pros
Love Customer Service
Cons
No benefits and room for advancement
Corner Bakery Cafe
Franchise Operations Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 14, 2018
Worked with an amazing group of people that cared about there job and always wanted to learn more. I provided training and development for the team and managers. I also learned something new from employees and managers. The hours where early morning but the work was enjoyable.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Early mornings
Decent Place
Baking Prep (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2018
I was definitely content working in the 16th St Mall Pavilions. However, job culture was seriously lacking due to managerial dependencies within the company.
Pros
Awesome place.
Cons
No co-worker peer culture.
Has a "home sweet home" vibe
Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wilmette, ILNovember 8, 2018
Relaxed workplace, with a great crew! The fireplace adds such a originality! I began to learn how to use different machines to make iced coffees, and smoothies. Even got the chance to work with a newer register.
Pros
Free Lunch During Training
Cons
Short Breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight