Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

summary
Cashier/Expo/Server/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 23, 2018
I have worked for Corner Bakery Cafe for several years now as a cashier, expo, server, line cook and key employee. I do enjoy working here but have seen to much turn over in management recently.
Fast pace but clean environment
Key Employee (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 22, 2018
Corner Bakery is a restaurant that is always busy. A typical day to work there would be setting up displays, heating all the soups, prepping for lunch rushes, cleaning and sanitizing, checking temperatures and making sure no food is expired.
corner bakery
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2018
the workers are great but management is horrible. the work is inconsistent and you don,t get paid enough money to really be able to cover your bills. they will say your full time and only give you part time hours.
The worst place I have ever worked due to management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 17, 2018
Terrible, terrible management! No one manager was ever on the same page as another and there was far too many of them. They would lie to keep people from quitting and they would never hire new people. We were constantly understaffed, yet having our hours cut.. how does that even happen at the same time?? No employee was happy who I worked with and again all due to management. I strongly suggest thinking twice before applying or taking a job at the Fountain Valley, ca corner bakery location.
Pros
It was close to home.
Cons
Literally everything.
Stressful and unfun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 15, 2018
The management is constantly disrespectful and disregarding of needs. They treat employees with no respect.The people you work with are mostly nice but as soon as you make a mistake, they won't take a second to throw you under the bus. It's every man for themselves.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Bad work environment
Fun and Fast paced Work Environment
Back of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 15, 2018
Corner Bakery Cafe is an polite and welcoming Employer with flexible hours and outstanding management. They will make sure you are properly trained in any position you are willing to learn/work. Everyone in the Corner Bakery family is very friendly and always full of energy. A great place for a Highshool/College student to start as a first job or to get some extra cash.
Pros
Paid Breaks, Amazing Management, Co-workers
Cons
Hours
Fun place to work
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 14, 2018
Great place to work as a starting job was super easy and fun to be working at. Felt welcoming going there and even when my time was up never felt like I was hated for leaving.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and competitive workplace that could have used better management
CASHIER/SERVER/EXPO (Former Employee) –  Fountain Valley, CAJune 13, 2018
I learned a lot working at Corner Bakery Cafe including important customer service skills and team work. The employees needed to rely on team work to handle thousands of orders a day and a lot of the time we were understaffed so team work was essential to get things done. It was a good experience and I ended up leaving because after a year I was not getting enough work hours during the week because other employees had seniority over me and demanded more hours.
Pros
Customer service practice, team environment, and an understanding of the value of working beyond routine skills
Cons
Poor management, poor scheduling, and disogranization
fun workplace but strange workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tysons galleriaJune 12, 2018
the general manager was a little creepy but other than that it was a very fun nice place to work and all the people there were amazing, they did a good job at switching up and letting you move around so if you were a cashier you didn't get antsy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the manager was creepy
Always busy and the employees are rude to the customers.
Cashier/Customer Service/Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 8, 2018
It was great working here for the work experience, however, the people I worked with were always negative and not polite to customers. The management was very unorganized and I felt they weren’t the “professional” that I want to work for.

Want to know more about Corner Bakery Cafe?

Ask a question
unstructural management
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAJune 7, 2018
management is disorganized during hours of operation. It a fast paced customer service job, can be stressful when management is nonchalant during peak hours. the hardest part of the job is to try to be in all places at once.
Pros
flexible hours
Corner Bakery Review
Area Training Manager/ Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 6, 2018
Great experience for early level managers to learn skills in restaurant management. Room for growth and a lot of potential. Pay was ok. Work-life balance was pretty good too.
welcoming and good food
Cashier, Waitress (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2018
a work day at corner bakery is usually very busy until after 12pm that is when the lunch is over and the customer traffic dies down and you have time to get other things done that are needed around the store that couldn't be done while customers were there.
Good for teen summer job, i guess.
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2018
Management sucks, very gossipy. If you're not liked you don't get hours. Too much favoritism, and managers need to be trained on how they speak to customers and employees.
Pros
free food
Cons
management
nice management
Grill Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 31, 2018
fun working / and good place to work.very organize kitchen. and all employee is very friendly. the owner is very kind and he listen to the employee. flexible schedules
Pros
very kind and down to earth owner
Cons
give you a raise after a year
not orginized at all
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 30, 2018
this cafe is the worst under paid employees and little hours they expecting too much from you managers dont care about their employees and dont help at busy times.
Pros
discounts the day you work
Cons
short or no breaks
Fun place to work, great people.
Front of House Employee (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 29, 2018
This was a great job for me, especially it being my first job.
The staff is so nice and it helps to be more outgoing, as you will constantly be talking to people throughout the day.
Corner Bakery
Server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 29, 2018
Corner Bakery is a great opportunity for workers to interact with the general public and how to cater to their needs. The job teaches workers to be disciplined, patient, and resourceful and how they can respect any individual who enters the cafe. As a server, I was able to learn about the various food items on menu and how they should be prepared. After I served the food, I asked if they would like any additional items such as extra plates, silverware, dressing on the side, and brought the order back to the kitchen if the dish was not prepared the way it was ordered. I also discussed about various topics such as education, movies, sports, music, and life, in general with customers. I provided any accommodations such as high chairs for infants, lowered the blinds, and pushed tables together for large families. The workers are also able to request a day off with a two-week notice and they can switch shifts each other pending approval from the manager. Overall, Corner Bakery is a good place to work and the managers can allow a flexible schedule especially if workers also attend school.
Pros
Half priced food items, breaks, flexible schedule
Another learning experience
chef during summer break (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJMay 25, 2018
Corner Bakery was the first job that showed me how important a good manager was. I would open or close the restaurant and we were severely understaffed. My General Manager Chase was great and was the reason a lot of us stayed. Owners refused to fix things in the kitchen, hire new workers, or even give raises that were promised to those that picked up the slack. Thankfully our General Manager really cared about us and would hop onto the line and help us cook.
Pros
Rewarding to cook
Cons
Bad Owners, Didn't give promised raises, Understaffed
Productive job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 24, 2018
Your work is under appreciated and will never give you raises regardless of how much you know of the job. Food is amazing, cleanliness is great. But employees are not treated the way they are supposed to be
Cons
Short breaks, no raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.9

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight