Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

un organginzed
FOH/BOH (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 17, 2018
takes advantage of you, poor management, no set schedules, co workers are friendly, doesn't pay enough, most fun was meet new co workers, store is very unorganized
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
poor mangment
fhnrf
Server/Cook (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAOctober 16, 2018
great place to work with great people very helpful with schedules and management is great. they always are there when you need help 10/10 recommendation to work here
Great Co-Workers and regular customers
Server (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 15, 2018
Sometimes can take a tole on your body and mind. The environment is not always the best and days aren't that great. Night shift is fun and calm, but morning is a bit rough, but I manage. The work is not hard at all, only sometimes the customers. I do not let it phase me though, I carry on and stay uplifted.
The Corner Bakery
Waiter and Busser (Former Employee) –  MorestownOctober 15, 2018
The Corner Bakery was a very fast paste business but a very welcoming place of business. The jobs I did while working here was busing,serving, and working on the register. The work culture was a very great work place it was my first job and they showed me every step from step and I was very grateful for that. The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was intact containing to the customers foods when it's a very busy day full of people and parties. The most enjoyable part of my old job was the food of course, I loved to eat the Meat Ball Panini because It was one of the best food meals to eat at the job with some chips.
Terrible company
Line Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 12, 2018
A terrible company ran by terrible people who don't value their employees. Not a place were you can grow. Too many lazy people who work there. I couldn't stand it when I was there.
A very laid back job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2018
My time in corner bakery was enjoyable but very quick paced and you needed to be aware at all times. The work load could become big at times but overall it was a good expierence
Pros
Free Lunches
Great
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2018
This was a great job and I really enjoyed it. I stayed with them until the doors closed and even came in after to help clean up. I was always learning and their was ways to move up.
Friendly atmosphere with a heavy workload
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Towson, MDOctober 10, 2018
Um, I generally rather enjoy working at CBC

The mood of the place varies greatly by the tone of management, but in general, the managers are basically regular employees (who make more money than you) than they are overseers / "big boss" types. They will roll their sleeves up and cook food alongside you, wash dishes, serve food,to move things along as successfully as possible.

As long as everyone is currently getting along and someone is playing some music in the kitchen, a sense of camaraderie can carry you through a lot of the workload. The workload can honestly be a bit much, however, as we go through lengthy periods where there aren't enough hourly workers on the schedule to efficiently complete all the tasks expected, which is quite stressful when corporate decides to add a bunch of new items and legwork to the menu with little thought to how it's going to be executed, from a practical standpoint.

15 menu items to make to order on a 2-burner stove, within a 5 minute window of time?? Whose bright idea was that.
Pros
Half-off employee meals, accumulating PTO, flexible scheduling, friendly atmosphere
Cons
the pay is nothing to brag about, understaffed, corporate performance standards that are often not realistic or practical
Micromanaged
Back of House Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 9, 2018
Leadership is very nice, but the love to micromanage. One assistant manager stayed in the office almost his entire shift, while another would give you some flexibility. But the overall management style was to give details, check details, regive more details, then ask why you were not doing the details immediately.I cannot tell you how m,any times I was asked, "Why aren't you doing....?" This usually involved a task that I was going to do, but had not started yet. Many times you will be given a task only to have to jump to another one before finishing the first, then even jump to another task before finishing the second...or the first.
Pros
Great customers who are loyal to CB.
Cons
Managed breaks, mincromanaged, different bosses giving different tasks
Relaxed, fun and productive workplace
Dishwasher/Baker (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 8, 2018
A typical day of work for me included me arriving on time and clocking in. Once clocked in I would wash dishes and clean the dishwasher area. After I’ve done that I would then do my prep and bake lists. Once done I would then continue to wash dishes and keep the area clean. If I wasn’t busy and everything I had to do was done then I would help the cooks or bussers.
Productive,fun,fast,great service!
Lead Barista (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 8, 2018
Great experience would love to do the job again
Had fun taking orders,expo,smoothies,coffee drinks,etc! Most of all I love the fact that I could make my guest smile everyday and keep coming back and asking for me personally !! I luv what I do!!!
Pros
Great place, free food
Cons
Expected of a lot, one break
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILOctober 7, 2018
This is my first job. I am a full time employee, paid $9. I am a cashier, but they make me do expo/serving/bussing half the time. You get one 10-15 minute break about 30 minutes after you get there, and thats it. Since I work 8-9 hours every day, having a 10 minute break 30 minutes after I arrive is pretty useless and unfair. I have to be constantly doing something or else I get yelled at. Favoritism is very common here/at my location.
Pros
50% off of food
Cons
10 minute break, being overworked, expected to do things that I did not know about when I was applying/interviewing.
productive
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2018
I thought corner bakery was an okay place to work, just not what I was looking for. The pay really was not that great for me everyone had a different pay rate.
Pros
good enviornment
Cons
pay rate
good starter position
Assistant Manager/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. with the right team and the right people this job was not only easy but it was fun to work at as well. Just have to be careful to managers being to friendly with co-workers that's all
Job
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAOctober 5, 2018
Opening Store Handling Money setting Up Cashier Stations setting up Expo Kitchen Starting The Baking setting Up Prep Sheets For The Day Training Delegating Staff
Pros
free lunch, pay on salary, days off
Cons
staffing wasn't reliable
Productive and fun working place
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 2, 2018
It was a very fast pace job but you learned something new everyday. The best part was the regulars that always go and try to get them to try something new.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Parking
Easy Jobs
Front End Crew Member, Cashier, Expediter (Current Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILOctober 1, 2018
The Job wasn't difficult. The one in Scottsdale a little business so it was slow a lot of the time. Last I heard they shortened the hours from lack of business.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2018
i loved working here, i wish i did not have to move or i would still be working here. The employees were nice, the supervisors were very hard working. it was a very clean place to work. the food was amazing.
Fun Workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, OROctober 1, 2018
Fun, fast pace work place. Friendly team members. Everyone is up beat. Very professional work place. Understanding with their employees if they can't make it to work.
Pros
discount lunchs
Cons
Short Breaks
Fun workspace very family friendly place
Corner Bakery Cafe Cashier (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CASeptember 30, 2018
I loved working at corner bakery with all the people they welcomed me with open arms and helped me along the way. They treated me like family. I love it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight