Corner Bakery Cafe
64Average

Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA26 reviews
A nice company for a young restaurant manager looking to build a resume. The pay is ok for a single person. Not much in the way of salary increases either. I thought some of the operational standards were unrealistic.
Worked there for a short time, but loved everyday of it. From the day I went for an interview to the day I started work, I met a variety of interesting people. Even if I was tired, it gave me purpose to be able to help people. I would go back there if I could.
Pros
Half-off lunch. Free fountain drinks.
I prepare what is needed for the day and the whole day when I am there is really busy. I cook pastas and sell the food too. At then end of the shift I clean, change all the containers and label the containers. i.e expiration dates.
my typical day to work a cbc was greeting guest taking oerders clean the lobby fun food clean my station area.
i learned how to prepare salads desserts
Not worth working at corner bakery.

I would get rushed to get things done. While I do most of the job, other people get paid more for not doing half the work I do.
Cons
management
Leave a review. Help people like you.
great place to move up if you are looking for management. Great benefits very easy atmosphere give you all the right tools to make your shift easier and better. co workers are great to work with
I enjoyed working at the Corner Bakery helping in the kitchen, bussing tables and greeting customers. It was a small staff so everyone knew each other. I would go in and help get the catering orders ready and then help clean the dining room as needed. I would also take the customers their orders and bus tables. The customers gave me compliments and enjoyed when I talked with them.
Pros
Great customers, work
Cons
Very short hours
This place is a complete mess. It got new management and no one seems to know how to run the place. Sometimes it can be fun, but other times it is under staffed and you have to make up for all the slack. Doing 2/3 jobs at a time is not uncommon. Do not expect to come here and just learn one thing because you will end up learning it all. With the pay they give you, it is not worth it either.
Pros
Free food for break and the regulars that love you
Cons
No one shows up to work half the time
I had a problem and needed to take a second to cool off. my boss there made fun of me in front of my co workers. a typical day stunk. I learned nothing except bosses can suck. management sucked. workplace culture was stupid. the hardest part of the job was just being there. there were no enjoyable parts of that terrible terrible job. I'm glad that particular location closed. it sucked
Pros
Cons
its existence
A typical work day is fun and exciting while moving at a fast pace. I learned leadership skills and training techniques. Management always wiling to work with others in improving job environment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
n/a
well was fun when i was there, i loved the desserts and the stuff member when i used to work there, the manager and the employees. was near where i lived so was no much to deal with the time but then i got married and i had to leave soon.
Pros
meals, overtime
Cons
no high slaary
I started working at Corner Bakery in high school, and every since than skys have been the limit for me with the company. Evenmore when I attened the Art Insitute of Atlanta I also got to work at the Corner Bakery in Atlanta "Great People Great Vibes"
Worked the Front of House. Great time to work with, there was always work to do which kept me busy. The environment was very friendly and welcoming. The pay could be better.
this was a good place to work, loved my fellow friends who worked there too. even the managers were great and our customers were also good, this place will always have a special place in my heart
Working at Corner Bakery Cafe was an absolute blast for me. As a front of the house Team Member you were obligated to do multiple jobs. These jobs included busing tables, taking orders, serving tables, preparing food and drinks.
Manager was horrible, rude and not understanding at all. Overall i loved the food and enjoyed working with my co-workers. I learned that not everyone is understanding but you'll just have to deal with that.
Pros
Free Food first week there.
Cons
Horrible management.
Very fast paced. If you get overwhelmed easily maybe it's not the job for you. You will be doing more then excpted and things that in your job description.
a regular day of work would usually have me arrive around 10 am. I would make sure everything was prepared for lunch. After that, I would help at the front of the house. the management was very strong in my opinion. The new general manager was very straight forward, and was great at his job. Most of the people that came into the store were middle aged people or elderly people. For me. the hardest part of the job was the lunch rush because the restaurant was usually understaffed. If the restaurant was not understaffed someone would not be contributing to the team. The best part of the job was between 2 pm and 5 pm. No one really came into the store around those times. My coworkers and I would be able to relax.
Pros
reduced meal prices, free snacks, free drinks
Cons
bad coworkers
A typically day at work usually go pass smoothly.
Every day is a new so, so I usually learn something new.

The mangers at the locations I have worked at all have been very awesome.

My co-workers are great I have made some life long friends throughout the company.

The hardest part of my job would have to be the hot station.

The most enjoyable part of my job is making somebody else smile.
Corporate Corner Bakery Cafe is a great place to work if all you are looking for is consistent repetitive days that meld into one big blur. They offer to per-mote with in with a packet you need to complete with a manager. The best part is that it is a well oiled machine.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Long work day with little acknowledgement
Great people, and management, not afraid to talk to you about what my be happening in you life or what you could possibly do to help produce more in the store.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Corner Bakery Cafe.