Corner Bakery Cafe Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Awesome environment
Baker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 13, 2018
Great experience i learned the dos and donts of working in the food service customer service allows me to work with many other ethnicities and how to properly provide a great experience for the customer
good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 13, 2018
good place to work very friendly staff and customers, the managers make sure you are aware and ready for whatever task that may arise. The other employees and friendly and helpful.
Enjoyable Management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 12, 2018
Fun and relaxed place to work, just no benefits. Rather slow and can be boring at times, except Sunday which can be a nightmare with lines out the door.
Pros
Food Discounts, Free Soda
Cons
No benefits
Collaborative work place with a friendly environment
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAAugust 11, 2018
Corner bakery is a stepping stone. Which could lead you to a career. The environment at the cafe is friendly and easy to work around, but keeps you at that same job placement.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
A lot of work if no one is on their job
Productive and fun place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
Very good experience! This company gave the opportunity to development my self as a cashier, customer service and leadership. I learned a lot. Very good place to work for.
Pros
Free lunch, recognition for you good work
Cons
A little stressful
Poor management, poor work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Anaheim Hills, CAAugust 8, 2018
Management did not solve problems, everything brushed off, no training, did not care about workers, hired anyone, poor and lazy workers who received bonuses for doing nothing
Mangers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 8, 2018
They didn't know too much on managing restraunts. The manager didn't enforce store's policy on cell phones and the general manager should have been a manager.
disorganized and very disrespectful to employees.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 7, 2018
The management at this company does not consider work credibility or reliability when they decide who they like. Many employees did almost no work but were friends with the manager so he didn't care what they did. All the hard working employees at this company are constantly disrespected and talked down to by management. They were very passive aggressive and indirect when giving orders and had no care for sick or injured employees.
Very fast paced job enviorment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 4, 2018
Fresh quality food , great people , awesome customers. Fast enviorment , have to be able to work well with others & be able to get stuff done in a timely Manner.
Pros
The workers
Cons
Pay for your food
Enjoyable Work Experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  AaahAugust 4, 2018
I enjoyed the opportunity to develop skills in being a short-order cook, preparing food as quickly as possible but still to the best possible quality.
Poor management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Corner Bakery because I loved my customers and my co-workers. Management was poor, no direction or structure.
They informed us that the restaurant was closing on Tuesday and the last day the restaurant was open was Friday. That was only 3 days to first absorb the news then determine how to go forward. I immediately updated my resume and began the job search. So unprofessional, and no consideration for their employees and their family.
I would not recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Poor management and company standards
The company is great they have poor hiring and management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 1, 2018
They hire a lot of people who don't fit the system and the team dynamic. Ownership doesn't listen to management staff on concerns till it is too late.
food is okay, but worst place i have EVER worked in my life!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 30, 2018
its filled with drama, lies, management are snakes, and everyone covers their own bottoms. I wont even recommend my friends to eat there. The place is unprofessional.
Great Acevedo to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAJuly 28, 2018
It’s an amazing company with loads of hours for those seeking them. Very flexible with my school schedule and any unanticipated events such as sick days, etc.
Pros
Discounted items on the menu
Cons
Short breaks
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 28, 2018
I left corner bakery because i was promised to get a raise but i never did. Took advantage of my hard work, took my hours away because i had stopped giving it my all to my work because manager didn't appreciate my work
Pros
Fun emplooyes
Cons
Manager didn't take job serious.
Fun place to work, with laid back attitude
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 27, 2018
No one works at Corner Bakery for the money, they do it because the people and the experiences are memorable. I made excellent friends at corner bakery and enjoyed meeting the management as well as my fellow kitchen workers
Its a great challenge because we are always busy. Shift managers don't communicate with each other.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 26, 2018
There were too many shift managers delegating orders to employees at the same time during a shift which created chaos amongst us. It seemed like we were all doing the wrong thing at the same time because the shift managers never communicated with each other. This was so stressful. It was great when our regular customers would come in because they usually ordered the same food every time they came in. A normal day started with creating the displays of freshly baked goods in the display cases, balancing register till, and stocking work area with everything I would need for the morning shift. As a cashier we are required to know all menu items and how they are served. We also are servers, bussers, baristsas, and packagers. When there is no line, we package cookies, cakes, and other pastries. We also mix smoothie bases, weigh pasta portions, and replenish the condiment station. Closing procedures include balancing till, packaging any unsold cookies and pastries; sweeping and mopping work area and dining room; washing dishes; and assisting kitchen and backroom employees in their closing procedures.
Pros
Discount on food and drinks. Day flies by because we are always busy
Cons
No communication between shift managers
You will never get fired
Kitchen Staff/Cook (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 23, 2018
This is obviously a food industry job. The manager is desperate for good employees but can't find any because he is unwilling to pay for them. His idea of a HUGE raise is .25. He requires all of his employees pay for their food although he does offer a discount.
Pros
Extremely Easy Job, job security
Cons
No career advancement, minimal benefits, sexual harassment constantly, low pay
Fun place to work
Catering Supervisor (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 23, 2018
Very quiet place to go visit if you need to study for finals. Great work environment, very polite people. The management team were always their in the front.
Pros
Got a great discount
Cons
Not enough hours
fun place to work
Lead Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 21, 2018
fun place to work but wish some of the staff and management had better work ethic and passion for the industry. good hours and flexible schedule, pay and employee appreciation could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight