Corner Bakery Cafe

2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 308 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,199 reviews
cornerfoodcafecateringrestaurantcbcdiscountmanager

Good For Entry Level Management

A nice company for a young restaurant manager looking to build a resume. The pay is ok for a single person. Not much in the way of salary increases either. I thought some of the operational standards were unrealistic.

Immature managers and lack of others willing to learn

Managers in Corner Bakery lack immaturity and possibly any management skills whatsoever. Although traveling around many locations has been beneficial, I can say those managers who are professional and able to do their jobs with little stress are few. Many complain and wish to not be at work, I prefer to not work with them as their toxic behavior is horrible. Some choose to avoid customer contact and others lack the skills to be a manager and manage a store. If you are coming here for the “competitive pay,” this is not true and is actually lacking in any program or schedule to see progress and promote or offer a raise. There is no evaluation and no managers know how to do their job, it is a horrible and hypocritical environment where managers pick on and choose to belittle those who they simply do not feel they “click with.” Unfortunately, this company is lacking in leadership among the stores, however, area directors are very involved and very professional. In store managers are the issue, especially those who are young and do not have the maturity to handle certain situations. Very few managers know their job!

Corner Bakery Cafe insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Fun

Fun work environment with excellent benefits. Teamwork and growth is a possibility here. Young employees that are motivated and educated. Lots of college employees

Job

I’ve been here for years, currently looking for something else! When I said Keep looking, I mean keep looking!!! NO longer worth it. The management and every one above them does not care about their works!! No raises, no PTO , and health care benefits are a joke. If your okay with doing your work and everybody else work including managers work for $12 an hour. Send your resume right in , they won’t get back with you until months later. No full time hours available.

Work is not balanced

Supervisor had their favorites and that’s how work was divided. Coworkers were cool. Very low pay. I think their system for scheduling breaks actually broke the law.

A good job for part time highschoolers

I worked at Corner Bakery before the pandemic while I was a highschool senior/ college freshmen and it was an overall good experience. I loved my co-workers. the one downside is that there are favorites and sometimes the scheduling was minimal. Sometimes I would only get scheduled less than 10 hours a week.

Over working employees, under scheduling

It’s a nice place to work when they schedule a good amount of employees on a single shift, unfortunately that almost never happens. Employees get overwhelmed and stressed out because too much responsibility and pressure is put on each employee. Most of the time employees don’t get there 10 minute breaks because it’s too busy and don’t have the coverage to do so.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short staffed because they don’t schedule enough employees on a shift

Productive and fun work place with ping pong table

I would come in and open the store. the store was nice. I like the customers. I think we would smoke weed in the back of the store, but managers never cared.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Short breaks and great health care

Hectic work place always short staffed

Ever since a new owner took over these restaurants they have been going down.Always short staffed never enough product to work with & the pay doesn't cut it to be overworked.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

No breaks most of the time always overworked

Great environment thus far

Started recently and have a great team if people I’m working with.. GM is nice and not a pushover.. Great hours and benefits.. Pay is not bad either..

Fun first job! Management sucks ...

Fun first job, especially if you are still in school! They were very flexible with me. The job is incredibly easy, you just have to learn to handle rush hours. Management needs a lot of training, incredibly unprofessional...

no advancement opp

No growth. Plus nothing ever gets fixed. You can't get any raises. There is no bonus program .Upper management is terrible. They don't listen to their GM at all. The menu is stuck in the 1990's

Pros

Mone

Cons

Lot's

Flexible with scheduling

Overall corner bakery cafe is a good job. There is a little room for advancement but from what I hear other’s who are above me say that being apart of the management team isn’t worth the trouble for the little pay you receive.

Never work for this company

You will regret it instantly this place is awful and could care less about the people they hire they will work you to the bone for no pay and will never offer you a raise no matter what it’s a soulless company ran by soulless people

Productive place to work in

This was a good place to work. For a first job for a student I learned a lot. Management is nice and supportive, since it was part time I can’t speak for benefits but overall good experience.

A fast pace dungeon of confusion

For starters, they train you for one day and then they give you your meat suit so that thrown to the wolves when lunch rush comes in. No breaks, no benefits, just all labor with no reward. You're never trained properly and when you do the slightest thing wrong you're yelled for it. Certain managers care but others will roast marshmallows while you burn and fall apart during the lunch rushes. I liked the coworkers I had but it was very dramatic there and management definitely picked favorites. May the odds be forever in your favor young ones.

It's an okay-job, not horrible...

Corner Bakery gave me my current boyfriend and provided me a job to pay for myself to travel...so for that I am grateful, however, it is a minimum wage job and with that comes minimum wage graces from customers and management.

Pros

you get paid over-time

Cons

lack of management support

Alright

Alright depends on with place you work so it’s either really busy or really slow. It’s better to work at a slow place than a fast place even if you get payed less they make you work a lot

Good place!

This is such an amazing job! As a Student and athlete this job gives me the most flexibility with my schedule. The job itself is pretty easy, it gets busy a lot but it’s tolerable. The managers are good in making sure every one gets breaks, the managers are very hands on with customers, cleaning, and helping out where the help is needed. Also, FREE FOOD! It’s a fun place, but the only downside is being short staffed. As fast food is declining with workers, it’s hard working with very little people, everyone is stressed during rushes, but at my store we are all very helpful. However, I do wish we had more people like when I first started the job. We had a full house in every station which made things easy. But, the pay is still pretty low $12-13 and maybe a tip of two. But, there’s a lot prepping that’s goes into this as well. Overall, it’s a nice place with good management and workers who make it fun, and help each other out during the hard times.

Pros

Free food, decent pay, good management

Cons

Short staffed, can get busy, sometimes stressfull

Relatively good pay, interesting people, very on-task work

Good pay, starting wage varies depending on job, very time-consuming work, tight schedule, when it gets busy it’s very quick work. Coworkers vary from great to not so good. Managers are all wonderful people and usually very relaxed.

Pros

Discounted food while on shift.

Cons

Varying healthcare

Toxic megalomaniac in charge

Circus like atmosphere, no proactive leadership, no praise, no reward, just beaten down every day and expected to come back the next day. Oh, it is common to not get a break and payroll is frequently late.

Pros

Cons

Dishonest management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corner Bakery Cafe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Corner Bakery Cafe with

Corner Bakery Cafe reviews by popular job title

• Corner Bakery Cafe
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?