Cornerstone Apartment Services Inc

Working at Cornerstone Apartment Services Inc: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Not worth as a long term job

Job is OK if you need a paycheck, there is no room for advancement. Management demonstrates a "We can always hire someone else" attitude when you can't catch up with your assigned jobs or ask for help. This place is a revolving door.

Pros

Pay is not terrible

Cons

Inexperienced managers holding back your commissions

Too many employees, not enough pay or work

Employees often have nothing to do. Could be paid higher wages with more responsibility if they hired less people. Overall good company to get your foot in the door but not sustainable long term.

Cornerstone Apartment Services Inc insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Not What You Think It Is

Not so much. After working as a maintenance work order tech and a turn tech there isn't a place that I've worked that is so delusional and shady. At Cornerstone everything is about image and profit. Nobody cares about you or your future with them. They can always hire another person just like you. You will have no real friends at Cornerstone. Nobody will ever listen to common sense as they run this shady cash cow as high as she will go before the bubble bursts. The chief operating officer thinks he is "super cool" but really he is not. He is like Santa Claus and his elves. The moment you don't love him he will turn on you. Bad Santa. One day he had us wrap cotton rags around back-flow prevention valves to prevent freezing. ????. 200 buildings. How does cotton prevent freezing? It doesn't. Thats college for ya. There was rarely a clear direction as I tried to run this company's maintenance and turnover issues with my own tools and vehicle. There is an overwhelming workload and constant blaming from people who do very little but have 4-year college degrees. If you love being underpaid and fondly remember the high school struggle to be in the cool crowd then Cornerstone is perfect for you. If not then there are a lot of management companies out there that value you with respect and your time with more money.

Very difficult and stressful enivroment to work in

A good job with no beifits no retirement plan ur micromanaged ur work is based of percentage of passed units if ur a turn tech if workorders tech u just due workorders grounds due grounds .only turn techs are the ones that are judge upon the unit they due and how quick the turn around is u get a small commission if completed early and passed if failed u get no commissions and ur percentage gggoes down

good job great work environment

I wish that i was still working there it was a good job great experience my first real large management experience. I really liked the business model that is why that it is still successful.

fun place to work but too much turnover

conerstone pays well but is ran poorly. The portfolio managers have no real management skills or understanding of maintenance. I found it hard to get any support from management on any level

Pros

pay

Cons

everything else

Fun work atmospgere

great place to work for, great location, they teach great management skills of managing many properties across downtown, everyone was nice, friendly and hard working.

Pros

Great Culture

Friendly and Professional

Cornerstone was a relaxed yet professional place to work. Whenever I needed any supplies I was helpled quickly. Problems were addressed quickly and there were opportunities for advancement.

Pros

Great pay, friendly work environment, opportunity for advancement

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Apartment Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits