Cornerstone Brands Employee Reviews

n/a
RETURNS RECEIVING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 26, 2018
It is a good environment culture wise, but it was time to grow. You have the ability to raise your pay by working faster but most of time people make average pace.
Casual work environment around face paced manual labor made for a low stress, productive day.
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 27, 2018
The management at Cornerstone was my principal reason for leaving. I enjoyed the work environment, which was casual and encouraging. I enjoyed the work, which was hard, faced-paced manual labor. It left a feeling of accomplishment to unload three trucks that day or fill the dock twice. When the workload was light, the day would often drag a little, but in general, there was always something to do.
Pros
Sufficient hours, low-stress work
Cons
Unpaid lunches
Solid workplace
Digital Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Solid workplace, good people, good location.

Now owned by QVC/HSN, which could be a positive move for the company as it gives them many resources on which to draw.
Friendly
Customer Service Representative - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 8, 2018
Training was very resourceful..Trainers were very helpful even while working from home. Management was always available when needed via email or phone....Co-workers were very helpful
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay rate is pretty low for customer service work
Stay away from this place if you like money or like to have fun at work!
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
No room for advancement at all you will just be moving 10 items to just move 1 item. Hours are BAD. They advertise 31,500-39,000 what a joke. you may make 24,000 a year if that. The customers that shop there are not friendly and the women that work there for the most part are rude as well. Trust me you can make more working anywhere other than here and they will work you like a dog. They won't let you be yourself otherwise you will here about it.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Fun and Fitting
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 12, 2018
This job has positions at the call center, as well as work from home. You can choose your shift, as well as give away days, or pick up days all through the scheduling system. The welcoming banquet is AMAZING!! You get the opportunity to physically view the new products before they are put into the catalog. I even won a piece of furniture! The only bad or hardest part of the job, is matching the way you were trained to the expectations on the floor.
Fun place for breaks foosball, corn hole, shuffle board
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHJuly 12, 2018
Work usually 8 hours start at 5:30 am. I’ve learned a lot of different equipment operations. Management tends to be fair. Break time is the best part with the activities that are available.
learned a new skill, and was able to expand slightly
Replenisher (Former Employee) –  West Milton, OHJuly 9, 2018
management are sometimes nice, but a lot falls back onto the employees. i couldnt keep the commute once i moved back to the dayton area, it was almost an hour 1 way. i worked 3rd shift, and the boss was not always the kindest as to what was going on outside of work.
A great opportunity
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 10, 2018
Cornerstone brands was a great opportunity for me. It was a great experience and it was a company that taught me a lot of skills. I was offered my first role of team leading and management, as well as a chance to grow many other skills. It was a company that had no shortage of projects to work on and learn with, and always provided help when someone was interested in advancing their career. I would recommend Cornerstone to anyone in search of a good company.
this was a seasonal/temporary position
Improvements Packer - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 29, 2018
You can earn "bonuses" if you are able to pack super fast, but that made things more stressful for me. co-workers were mostly young and very pleasant/helpful. I did enjoy this temporary job. Loved my manager...he was very encouraging.
Pros
the people I worked with
Cons
pressure to work faster, faster, faster
cornerstone
Residential supervisor (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 19, 2018
I took care of mentally challenged men for 12 hours, I drove a van for them, i did like the job for the young men i work with, they were very special to me
Great company to work for until management changed.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMay 18, 2018
This was a great company to work for until the management changed hands. I did hear that after I left the management issue was corrected and the company was getting back to a good spot.
ok job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2018
Working from home is a plus. Hours could be more flexible. Overall a cool job. Great brands with nice products. Must be a self starter and the call flow is nice and steady.
n/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 10, 2018
not a good job never work there mean and un friendly people unfair work hours not a friendly place to work for people to work............................
Poor management
Returns Team Lead/Inventory Control & Assembler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 10, 2018
The coworkers and very friendly but the management does not know how to run a proper warehouse and supervisors are not to be trusted.
Some supervisors take advantage of you if you are a hard working empolyee.
Pros
OT availble
Cons
No management is to be trusted.
Enjoyed working at company, but some supervision had the attitude that I work herer and you are only a temp.
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 28, 2018
At the end of the day if love having the felling of knowing that I have been able to be satisfied that I did my job. I feel that happens more when you get older and you no longer need to work for a pay check only. If you are retire after having worked for so long trying to make a living you usually forget how to live. You would hope that you have taught someone the importance of a satisfying job that leaves one fulfilled at the end of the day.
Remote = Flexibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 19, 2018
Cornerstone allowed for remote work. The training was remote and extra hours were often available. Cornerstone provides excellent remote customer service training.
Pros
Remote opportunities
Cons
NO job security after childbirth if part-time
Loved the Customers!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHMarch 13, 2018
I love the products they sell, I have been a customer of theirs for years, loved working for them. The customers were the best and my only con was that they closed the jobs without telling us, when I checked my schedule in the morning it showed only two more days of work.
Working with sewing maching/poduction
Embroidery Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 15, 2018
I liked my job. working with different material and thread. The other employees were always there to help if needed. I liked my job, but the lines relocated.
Pros
good atmisphere
Cons
loss of busness
fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHFebruary 11, 2018
learn how to inspect clothes and sleep wear.learn how to train people to do the job.i really like to work with the bosses and other employees.everybody ot along in the department I was in.the sewing machine operators sew the name on the product and that is what I inspect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight