Cornerstone Family Healthcare Employee Reviews

Incompetent Administration.
PSR II (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 12, 2019
Alert, to all providers ,this place is no healthy for your career with incompetent ,administrator, HR personal managers,they disrespect your professional position just to maintain theirs, and cover ,in this way of tlheir own deficiency ,be careful they are very unprofessional ,unhealthy eviroment, building with not windows contaminated..]
Pros
Cons
No windows
Mission driven organization
Administrative Manager (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, NYMarch 5, 2019
Cornerstone is an incredibly mission driven organization that puts it's patients first. Although I am not in a clinical position, it is still clear that the mission is priority and our patients are always number one. I have been with this organization for seven years and have had the opportunity for real professional and personal growth. When I first started here, I had very little experience in my field, but Cornerstone provided me with the training and coaching I needed to truly succeed. The organization saw something in me and I have been promoted several times, which I am grateful for.

Cornerstone offers incredibly generous PTO (sometimes I don't use up all of it throughout the year), a "Rock Star" program, which provides employees with leadership skills, pot luck holiday lunches with staff, an employee appreciation day, Advocacy Day in Albany, and really awesome co-workers.
Pros
Lots of PTO, awesome co-workers, close to home
Cons
With the significant growth, sometimes communication unintentionally slips through the cracks
Great Place to Work for the Right Person
Admin Staff (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, NYFebruary 25, 2019
Working at Cornerstone is great. Its sad that people come on here an write negative reviews based off of something "negative" you can experience literally at any organization. Cornerstone has great benefits, and ample opportunities to move up and advance if you work hard and get the job done, which even that you can't find at a lot of organizations. Some people expect to come to work and do what they want, but you can't expect to not face consequences for it. In a healthcare environment, you have to show up, work with patients, different types of Providers, different type of people in general. If you aren't flexible and willing to work with different types of people, Cornerstone isn't the place for you. Just as in any organization, there is change that happens. So if you aren't flexible, then you will have a hard time. Cornerstone provides a sense of family for those who are open minded, flexible and hard working. My coworkers are great, and professional and this is the best team that I personally have worked with in my career. I think CFH provides great opportunities for people who don't have much work experience and want to get started in healthcare, which you can't find that chance at a lot of places. Not many places are willing to train you, and re-train you again, or even train one on one. And for those who are just great employee, Cornerstone always tries to find a way to make it work when changes are being made. Change happens! But again, for people who aren't flexible, you may have a hard time. Of course, no place has it all, and some things are a work in progress, but  more... overall Cornerstone is a great place to work. I would recommend Cornerstone only to those who are hard working and willing to go above and beyond to help others.  less
Pros
PTO time, benefits
Hilarious, really
None (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, NYFebruary 23, 2019
Don’t you think it’s wierd to see so many “great” reviews within days of each other? Please think carefully before applying or taking a job here, there is a reason the turnover rate is so high. The stress level is inconceivable and I learned you are never part of a team, it’s every man for themselves.
Walking into the Cornwall location is like walking into a funeral. It’s ominous and heavy feeling and it permeates off of everyone. If your smiling too much, either something is wrong with you or you must need more work to do. Any happiness is sucked right out of you.
I do not recommend working here. A very toxic environment to say the least.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Toxic, no work/life balance
Great place to work for the right people
Administative (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, NYFebruary 15, 2019
I've been with Cornerstone for more than seven years (when I started, we were GHVFHC). I'm proud of the work I do, respect and get along with the majority of my coworkers, admire the leadership, and feel that my work is valued and appreciated. In my seven years here, I have been promoted three times and have received pay increases and additional PTO as incentives for hard work.

I truly believe that Cornerstone makes a difference in the community. I don't think I could have worked here for so long and put so much effort into my job if I felt otherwise. Knowing that the work we do ensures access to healthcare services for thousands of people who would otherwise have very limited options makes the work meaningful, which is important to me.

In reading some of the other reviews on this board, I have noticed some complaints about demands by management for productivity and profitability. I feel, however, that these complains are short-sighted. While I'm sure these demands cause stress--especially for folks working in clinical departments--I think it's important to recognize that without productivity and profitability, we would cease to exist. It's also important to remember that as a non-profit organization, the profits the company earns are invested back into patient services. In other words, while there is pressure to be profitable, these profits are not lining the pockets of our leadership or faceless shareholders; rather, they are used to advance the mission of the organization.

In addition to some of the other things I mentioned, I really appreciate the sense of family
  more... at Cornerstone, and the work-life balance my job affords me. The PTO is generous, and the leadership is generally understanding when it comes to time off for things like family emergencies, jury duty, medical leave, etc.

I could go on about the things I enjoy about my job, but I'll end with this: If you are considering applying for or accepting a position with Cornerstone, I would highly recommend giving it a shot. If you're a team player, willing to work hard, and step up to the plate when you're needed, chances are you will be noticed and will be given opportunities to advance.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement/growth, making a difference in your communtiy, fair pay, competitive benefits
Cons
Stressful at times, workload tends to snowball
Great Misson and room for career advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 15, 2019
Cornerstone promotes a great mission of quality health care for everyone. There is room for professional growth, training opportunities and the PTO is great!!
Great Mission- Great Place to Work
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, NYFebruary 13, 2019
I have been with Cornerstone for over 6 years. They continue to grow and help the community in so many ways. The mission that everyone deserves quality healthcare regardless of their ability to pay is inspiring- and we do strive to give all patients the best care possible.
The teamwork is great- my department gets along well and respects and encourages each other.
The management is transparent and lets the staff know what is happening- which is wonderful.
Not only is it a great place to work- it is a great place to be a patient (which I am also one).
Pros
Benefits, Work Environment, Good PTO
No Stability
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 2, 2019
This job DOES NOT commensurate with any work experience you may have, so this would be a great job if you don't have any work experience on your resumes; especially great if you're still living at home or just finished high school. Upper management walks by you every day and doesn't acknowledge you, you have to be the one to initiate a conversation. The environment is EXTREMELY cliquish; the minute you make one honest mistake, the company frowns upon you making you feel like you aren't of any more value. The turnover rate is EXTREMELY HIGH; so many providers and other employees have left the company and it makes it extremely difficult to have to explain to a patient why yet another provider they had grown to love has left the facility.

With how many people this company goes through, it really makes you wonder what exactly this company is about. Yes, the number one priority is to help the patient, make them feel comfortable, but how can this happen if your employees are unhappy? People these days want hob stability; It is very difficult having to go and find another job when you feel like management is always out to get you and human resources doesn't assist you when you confide in them about issues that need to be addressed. People want to go to their job and feel valued, feel like they're a part of a team, not go and feel like what else did I do wrong? Or wonder if they're going to be terminated from employment.

This company does have some good qualities, but it is hard to dwell on those qualities when this company can't focus on keeping their employees; no one wants
  more... to stay here. It's family healthcare, I would presume that they'd strive to maintain a family like environment and culture within their staff. It is easier to just keep your employees versus having to keep posting ads on indeed, spending money to drug test new potentials and having to go through the training process, there has to be some kind of middle ground here to get people to want to stay with the company.  less
Pros
Days off, pto, awesome coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Extremely cut throat & stressful
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 19, 2018
At the beginning it seemed that Cornerstone would be an excellent place to work. Soon it was obvious that the management was extremely poor and their follow through was negligible. One department does not seem to know what the other one is doing. The CEO only cares about numbers and that is basically all you heard about at the monthly meetings. Staff is encouraged to report others. The patients soon found out that even if the staff cares, they are unable to do their jobs efficiently as the rules constantly changed. Employees are encouraged to report others. I have never seen so much back stabbing at any job I have ever had.
Simply stated I am delighted to be free of this company.
Pros
none, except for the patients
Cons
Too many to list
Loved it
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYDecember 13, 2018
Started in Billing.. moved to Urgent Care. The sense of family is unreal. Everyone cares. People put the patient first, and that's how it should be. If we didn't move, I would still be there.
No Job Security
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Not ApplicableOctober 18, 2018
I had been working at Cornerstone for 4 years and they tried booting me down to the bottom. A floater to an office 1 hour away. Due to hardships, I was unable to accept. They told me my job “no longer exists”. This all happened after they told my Manager that they will be taking a “hard look” at our staff because we were understaffed & needed more help. Instead of helping, they took employees from that office. I have been nothing but good to this company & was “one of their best employees” (which they admitted themselves). Very upset about losing a job that I was very good at. Would not recommend to anyone that wanted some sense of job security.
Pros
Coworkers were great!
Cons
Company does not care about their employees.
Busy, medical assistants do all vitals, nurse intake, clean after every patient, lots of standing.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 14, 2018
Health insurance package is expensive for the hourly pay, hard to find parking if you leave for break, bonus is one week pay, hiring process takes long time, they'll call u for a phone interview, good luck!
Pros
Providers are friendly
Cons
If you miss days of work you wont get a raise
Stressful environement
Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 26, 2018
Instead of the emphasis on patient satisfaction, there was a lot of push to "collect the co pay" before a patient could be seen by the doctor. The physicians and practice manager where very set in their ways and didn't like change.
Okay Place to Work , just can’t trust anyone
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 22, 2018
I feel like they pay psrs very low towards everything they do. Too much work for nothing. & they deffinently need better management. Not saying this place is horrible but if I were to ever go back it will not be as Psr.
Pros
Benefits, hour lunch breaks, Some people you actually will love to work with; others NOT.
Cons
Management. Drama
Nurse Practitioner, (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 12, 2018
Management needs better training.
It is an okay place to work.
I wish I had more to say about Cornerstone but I have nothing more to say about Cornerstone.
Good Company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 27, 2018
Cornerstone is a good company to work for, its family based which means most everyone knows everyone and is following the same mission. This company has great benefits and on the job training to improve the quality of patients care.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication, management
Da
Middletown, New York Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJune 9, 2018
I only been with the company 6 months. So far things are good. Pay is decent, work location, hours are good. Company has monthly meeting to keep up informed
Pros
steady work
Great community based health care
Administrative Director-Center for Recovery (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 16, 2018
As an administrator of the Chemical Dependency Program, I was working with a great medical and counseling team.
Management was, at times, overly involved in the day to day activities.
Helping clients was the most enjoyable part of my job.
My staff were a pleasure to work with and leaving them was very difficult.
Pros
Cllinical team
Cons
Administration
I wish i could give it zero stars
Administration (Former Employee) –  CornerstoneFebruary 10, 2018
Horrible Place To Work People Smile In Your Face And Secretly plan your failure. Hr is a joke beyond beliefs a collection of 20 something's that don't have the sense they were born with. Corporate Staff Even More Clueless. Compensation is a joke unless you are part of the in crowd then you get bonuses for the work you are actually doing. If you are considering working here make It as short a stay as humanly possible and then run and don't look back....
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Run to the hills from this place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Street New YorkFebruary 7, 2018
Depending on the department life can be a horrible experience. Staff will turn on you if it means saving their job. Their open door policy is a nice way of saying "Exit ". Wast of time going to HR.
Monthly Thursday meetings are nothing more than a joke.If you
re not a member of a "click" you're on your own.
Pros
Free donuts and coffee once a month.Back massages should be offered to some.
Cons
Don't waste your time here !!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Family Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.