Cornerstone Family Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great community based health care
Administrative Director-Center for Recovery (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 16, 2018
As an administrator of the Chemical Dependency Program, I was working with a great medical and counseling team.
Management was, at times, overly involved in the day to day activities.
Helping clients was the most enjoyable part of my job.
My staff were a pleasure to work with and leaving them was very difficult.
Pros
Cllinical team
Cons
Administration
I wish i could give it zero stars
Administration (Former Employee) –  CornerstoneFebruary 10, 2018
Horrible Place To Work People Smile In Your Face And Secretly plan your failure. Hr is a joke beyond beliefs a collection of 20 something's that don't have the sense they were born with. Corporate Staff Even More Clueless. Compensation is a joke unless you are part of the in crowd then you get bonuses for the work you are actually doing. If you are considering working here make It as short a stay as humanly possible and then run and don't look back....
Pros
Cons
Everything else
Run to the hills from this place
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Street New YorkFebruary 7, 2018
Depending on the department life can be a horrible experience. Staff will turn on you if it means saving their job. Their open door policy is a nice way of saying "Exit ". Wast of time going to HR.
Monthly Thursday meetings are nothing more than a joke.If you
re not a member of a "click" you're on your own.
Pros
Free donuts and coffee once a month.Back massages should be offered to some.
Cons
Don't waste your time here !!
worst place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 16, 2017
their doctors are horrible..and management is worst. I hope they do not continue building more facility's or people will die waiting for their providers to help us. the only one doing well is the ceo. she has 2 bmw and one other convertible. so she is happy even if the patients are dying.
Pros
no pros.
Cons
everything about this place sucks.
nice place but stressful beyond belief
unknown (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 24, 2017
terrible place to work but they have some nice people as coworkers.
But be very careful if you are not one of the favorites of the company and you make a a couple of mistakes you are done and terminated.
But if you are one of the favorites, you can cause a doctor to leave after 3 days of his hire, and you will get even promoted.
Pros
free food
Cons
large turnover of employees, and out of touch reality management
Productive, Positive Place to Work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 11, 2017
The days were often balanced between busy periods and quiet periods. Some days would be more busy than others. I learned how to work independently and develop a better work ethic and style. The hardest part of the job was to type Minutes, but it was rewarding and helped improve my writing both professionally and personally. The best part of work was my co-workers. Our department was run by amazing Supervisors and the flow of things was natural and amazing. I feel honored to have been a part of their team.
Pros
Amazing Staff, Appreciation, Rewarding
Somthing new everyday
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYJune 22, 2017
The job consisted of constant use of problem solving skills. A typical day did have minor routines that were required, which only consisted the first two hours of the day after that i learned the benefits of time constricted management. Had to learn to be extremely flexible with both work time and job priorities. every aspect of the job was enjoyable solving a new problem everyday
Pros
was not stationary different venues everyday
Cons
communicaion was a bit lacking
Not true to their word
o Chief complaint, verify current medications (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYMay 3, 2017
Management is not supportive of their employees. Patients are a dollar sign, although they pretend that patients are first priority. Nothing else to tell.
Has a good benefit plan but is typically the same job culture
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 9, 2017
A place where you can get a lot of work done if you put the patient first like it should be. I learned that it is not impossible to work in a high stress environment as a civilian. Management that I started working for was excellent, but it changed when we got a manager from our rival agency. The redtape and colleague resistance was the hardest part, more so than colleague double-cross. The best part was solving issues for people who believed that there was no one to help or that cared about their situation.
Pros
Elegant benefit package
Cons
People are out to sabotage your career
High turnover rate, low pay, human resources is a joke.
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 9, 2017
Doesn't pay to work here unless you are a Lpn or counselor. Kitchen position has high turnover, 11.00hr 30hrs a week. Thats 500 every 2 weeks. There is no advancement with in the kitchen aide position. You will definitely be working two jobs. The clients are amazing and will help with anything if you ask.
Cons
No break, no advancement, low pay.
Poor Leadership and Negative Work Enviroment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMarch 24, 2017
Would not work here. Area is not safe and leadership is self serving and does not care about patients or staff. CEO is related to every one in leadership. Think twice before taking a position here. Turn over of staff and providers is very high and reflects poor work conditions.
it has it's ups and downs
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Pros: good hours, opportunity for overtime, always learning, fast paced

Cons: poor management, not everyone is on track with new changes, very busy and short staff at the same time
I love 1814 premiere high point
Medical Assisting/Medical Office Externship (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 12, 2016
In the Cornerstone office on premiere is wonderful people and staff are very helpful and nice. Going to Westchester there were rude workers treating there patients and staff unprofessional.
Pros
excellent beniefts and lunches great
Cons
There werre staff not fully trained in the field also patients were upset with over booking
Review
Coordinator of Specialty Services/Practice Manager (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYNovember 6, 2016
Cornerstone is a great place to work and great opportunity for employees to grow within the company. I have learned a lot from my managers and co-workers. I have also been promoted twice since I have been working there. The hardest part of job, is when you are not able to help a patient in need. Enjoyable part is working with my co-workers and helping families/patients in need and seeing them smile.
Poor leadship
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYOctober 13, 2016
Poor leadship and poor communication among supervisors and staff. No room for growth. The supervisors abuse their authority. Not a great work environment!
Pros
Offers great benefits for the community, and those individuals that can't afford healthcare.
Cons
Poor leadership! my
Geat
PAR (Former Employee) –  NYOctober 11, 2016
Great Work Environment.and I really can not believe this is a requirement foor me to post my resume.You should not force people to continue it there is nothing else to be said.
Pros
Diversity
Good Staff/ Poor leadership
Everything and nothing (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYAugust 25, 2016
Great friendly clinical and nonclinical staff and learning opportunities. Employees are underpaid and highly undervalued at this company. Morale of health center mostly impacted by lack of communication between employees and upper management. Employees are overloaded with jobs that may otherwise take two to three people to achieve followed by negative performance feedback when work is not up to standard.
Pros
Great timeoff benifits friendly staff.
Cons
Senior staff not chosen appropriately for developmental decisions.
typical work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 31, 2016
A lot of favoritism goes on there but it is a okay place to work at but DO NOT trust people there and try to be extra friendly with everyone.
great schedule and work environment
URGENT CARE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYMay 2, 2016
urgent care dept is wonderful, good schedule and work/life, issues with administration. family health center - wonderful that everyone who needs healthcare is able to get it.
Medical care for ALL
Registered Nurse/ Lead Nurse (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 23, 2016
GHVFHC has much to offer to the community. It provides health care services to those who can and cannot afford medical services due to economic challenges and restraints. The organization's goal is to provide indiscriminate health care services to everyone who walks through the door. They also have assistive services to help all their patients navigate through the health care system that has become so very complicated.

A typical day at work could end as early as 5pm or as late as 9pm when I first started at the first clinic. The provider I worked with was very thorough and was loved by all her patients. It was a very fast-paced clinic with many different challenges on a daily basis. However, it was the daily challenges that I enjoyed the most--especially when it made patients feel fully attended, eased, and heard.
Pros
Room or advancement; great benefits package
Cons
Pay was not as competitive at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Family Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Cornerstone Family Healthcare Reviews by Location