Cornerstone Healthcare Services Employee Reviews

Great Management and teamwork with friendly staff!
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 10, 2019
I have been working for this AMAZING company for over a year and have never been so happy! I have been in the industry for two decades and this has been my favorite company to work for, by far! Management truly cares about their staff and the company is working extremely hard to continue to promote positive company culture and quality measures.
Pros
Free food, Fun spirit days, great teamwork
The only good thing about this place is the door to leave.
Transportation manager (Former Employee) –  6021 N. LidgerwoodMay 9, 2019
The people you take care of is the only thing that makes it worth it. Few and far between did you find someone to work well with. Not enough good people left.
Pros
Meeting our older generation
Cons
Poor management
The Grass Isn't Always Greener...
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 30, 2019
As the old adage goes, if you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence... water your own.

I left Cornerstone about 6mo after they acquired my center from Fortis. It was very stressful during the transition and I decided to try other things. I came back shortly after experiencing another center and realizing that the grass isn't always greener.

Long-term care is a hard business these days and is only getting harder. That is why the people you work with, the management that supervises you, and the residents you serve are so important. There is no compensation or replacement for feeling valued, supported and being allowed to do your job independently.
Pros
Independence, Center Culture, Leadership Support
Cons
Constant Challenges, Survey, Staffing
Work-Family environment
Executive Director (Current Employee) –  Sequim, WAApril 29, 2019
I love the family feel of the work environment here. This is a small company that has the ability to adapt and innovate quickly. If you or your family need rehab this is the place!!
Don't waste your time, better favilities are out there.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 2, 2019
I've been a CNA for many years, I can honestly say that this is the worst facility I've ever worked for/in. Nobody is happy, staff is way over worked, and under paid. The residents suffer, upper management doesn't seem to care. State is in the facility now, and don't ya know, staff miraculously appeared. Due to working short nonstop, the showers don't get done, residents needs are not met the way they should be, and the CNA's are constantly scrutinized. The DNS leaves much to be desired, she doesn't care about her nurses, or the CNA'S. The kitchen is a nightmare. Meals don't come out on time, they run any where from 30min-two hours late. They can't keep staff in the kitchen, the food service manager is a joke, he can't be bothered to help his 2 employees that did show up, meals that are served on the halls are always missing items, and staff has to run to the kitchen to get what's needed, hot meals ar usually cold, we can't have our coffee carts on the hall, now our ice chest's have been taken away, in order to pass ice water, you have to run to the kitchen to get it. This management company, and it's facilities are the lowest of lowes..
Pros
Cons
Staffing, Pay, Management..
Hostile work environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 8, 2019
A year ago Cornerstone bought the facility I was working for. Now if you miss two days of work you need a doctor’s note to come back. They changed insurance to a cheaper company with poor benefits, fired people over the phone and added their work to other employees, giving no training on the new work. People who had worked there for years and who were well liked and respected came in to work only to be told they no longer had a job and they were escorted to their cars. They cut programs that benefitted residents to save money, cut the dietary budget, have two nurses at night for over 100 residents. Management is hostile leaving no one to go to with concerns. Very unhappy staff.
Pros
A few very good nurses and cnas
Cons
Hostile work environment, no educational opportunities, very little staff input
Horrible, unethical I feel sorry for the residents
Regional Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Sequim, WAMarch 7, 2019
Corporate is a disgrace. I would never let a family member go to any of these places. Facilities are poorly taken care of. There is no money to fix anything. Benefits are horrible, no paid holidays. You have to use PTO if you want a holiday off. No sick pay and only 40 hours of vacation first year.
First job I've ever LOVED
Regional Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 18, 2018
Cornerstone's management cares about their employees and their families. I come to work happy and I leave work happy. I've advanced within the company and feel appreciated and trusted.
I have no intentions of ever leaving this company.
Healthcare Introduction
Director of Provider Relations/Market Development (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 18, 2018
Cornerstone Healthcare provided me the visibility and introduction into the healthcare business platform allowing me to assist patients and family members make informed decisions about their healthcare needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Healthcare Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9