Cornerstone Home Lending Employee Reviews

Relaxed working atmosphere while getting the job done
Branch Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 14, 2019
Really enjoyed working at Cornerstone - local opportunity came up or hopefully would be still working for them. Benefits were good and even working remotely traveled to home office in Fort Collins for training. Home office was very helpful in making it work.
Pros
Remote
January 16, 2019

Thank you for sharing your comments! We're really happy to hear you had such a positive experience working remotely. One of the ways we invest in our team members is by promoting work-life balance, and it's encouraging to hear your life was made richer by working out-of-office.

Love this company
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I love working for this company. I especially love the ability to work remote and the flexibility for working parents. I wish there was more in benefits/health/ and annual raises. When the work is slow, our ability to bonus slows down as well.
Pros
Flexible, easy to learn, management does not micro manage (which i love), we are responsible for our own work, management is understanding and friendly.
Cons
Hardly receive raises, or bonuses. Pay is lower than competition offers.
September 18, 2018

We're so happy to hear you're happy working remotely and finding your own work-life balance. Our family atmosphere at Cornerstone extends far beyond office walls to benefit all team members and their families. We will continue to look for new ways to support our team members and their families and invest in our company resources.

Say No to Cornerstone IT division
IT Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2018
The IT division is a stressful and cut throat area of cornerstone to work in. You can expect to work endless hours sometimes 19+ on salary.

The management for IT is volatile and unstable. The management for IT is unknowledgeable and often brings in consultants for objectives that are obtainable by their already talented staff.

IT management creates a culture of fear and intimidation. If someone is looking for a loan operations position it is a great culture outside IT.
Pros
Work somewhere other than IT at cornerstone.
Cons
possibly long hours, high stress, volatile
August 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It is disappointing to hear that your experience at Cornerstone did match up to our usual high rating. At Cornerstone, our “work family" is very important to us, and we continually work to make our family even stronger. If you could, please take the time to reach out to us directly at info@houseloan.com and we can discuss the details of your experience.

great work place
SR LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXJune 13, 2018
this is a really fantastic company to work for. i would highly recommend this company for anyone who is looking for a great company to work. The company is very supportive
Pros
good benefits
June 26, 2018

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback, and please know we take your comments to heart. Hearing that our team members feel supported at work is priceless. We put concentrated effort, time, and resources into creating an inclusive work-family environment that can benefit our team members and better serve our borrowers. All the best.

Middle Management Issues
Call Center Lead & Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2018
Top Management should review the processes of all middle-management. Their practices are unfair and employees are not treated equally. There are definite disparate treatment practices.
Pros
Salary Fair
Cons
Disparate Treatment Practices
May 15, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. One of our core convictions is that we create a supportive and happy workplace. We are sorry to hear that you feel that we fell short of this conviction. Because your review does not match our policies or practices, we would like to learn more about your situation and the specific ways you think we could have improved your experience. It appears that you are no longer with Cornerstone, but we still invite you to contact our Willie French, our SVP of Human Resources, at hr@houseloan.com.

Nice place to work
SENIOR LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  katy texasAugust 26, 2018
Organized, professional, clean, and well managed. Good work life balance, nice staff with several options for advancement and easy travel from work to home.
September 11, 2018

We're so happy to hear about your positive experience as a former team member. We aim to provide our team members with all the resources they need to cultivate a balanced and productive life. Please know that we value your contributions and wish you the best as you move forward in your career!

They state you are family but team lead and manager do not know how to run a Dept. Professionally and with ethics. You are discriminated against.
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2019
I would not recommend anyone to work here. Some of the team members are so unfriendly and rude at times. Not a friendly environment. Manager needs to offer more meetings and be nicer. Your opinions are never taken into consideration.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
No advancement or chance for growth.
February 11, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are sorry to hear that your time at Cornerstone didn’t match the company culture experience we work hard to promote. We always want our team members to feel supported by management, and have a safe outlet to express concerns and feel heard. We take your comments very seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please reach out to Willie French, our SVP of Human Resources, at hr@houseloan.com at your convenience.

Good workplace
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
Good place to work, friendly people.

Good atmosphere , fun place to work.

Good opportunities . Good people.

Learning is fun , productive.

A place that succeeds with advancement
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
November 9, 2018

It's encouraging to hear that you've had opportunities for career advancement as part of our team. Even better that you find learning and growing in your job fun and productive! We strive to promote from within and give team members the chance to move forward. Wishing you all the best.

An overall great place to work. Lots of opportunity for growth
UNDERWRITING SUPPORT RESEARCH ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2018
A typical day at work was filled with a great support network. I learned a great deal due to ongoing training. Management was supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as part of a Team to provide critical information for the Underwriting Staff.
Pros
Working Remotely
September 18, 2018

We're excited to hear you found such a great support network, and especially supportive management, within our work-family. You're a big part of what makes Cornerstone such a strong company and better able to give exceptional service to our borrowers. Thanks for all you do!

Great employer
Staff Underwriter - Remote (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Working as a remote underwriter for cornerstone home lending was great. Ability to work very independently. Flexible hours - working eight hours per day. I.E. 8-5 Or 9-6 . Managers are not micro-managers. Underwriting helpdesk and underwriting managers (lead advisors) always available. Always felt supported and "backed" by the managers.
November 9, 2018

We're so happy to hear you had a positive experience working remotely. One of our biggest priorities for our team members is work-life balance. Enjoying your life makes work more meaningful and, in turn, helps us better serve our borrowers. Keep on doing what you do!

Corporate might be fine but the Salt Lake office is pathetic
Senior Processor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 24, 2018
Working in the Salt Lake branch was like working with neurotic, over-controlling, too religious teenage girls. While the headquarters of this company might be good to work for, stay away for the Salt Lake location!!!!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Loan Officer and supporting staff. Ridiculous procedures and standards.
January 7, 2019

We're sorry to hear your experience at Cornerstone didn't meet the high standards we set for our company culture. We want all of our team members to feel like they're working as part of a family, working for a greater purpose and feeling passionate about what they do. It sounds like your work environment may have made this difficult for you, and because it doesn't match our typical team member experience, please know that your comments are being taken seriously. We're always looking for new ways to strengthen our work-family from within. I’d love to talk with you more about the specifics of your experience. Please call or email me directly. All my best, Judy Belanger, COO.

Fun, relaxed atmosphere.
Assistant Processor/Setup Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Love working for the company; however, my income is basically "fixed", due to the lack of overtime and lack of pay increases. Which limits one's ability to improve one's lifestyle.
Pros
The people are Awesome and very supportive.
Cons
There has been a freeze on overtime and pay increases for the past few years.
September 18, 2018

Having such a strong company culture and welcoming work-family is what makes the fun, relaxed atmosphere at Cornerstone a reality. Thank you for making this possible -- by not only contributing to the growth of team member relationships but to the connections we make with our borrowers. Keep up the great work!

work hard and smart
SR LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXDecember 14, 2017
Always a professional company. Be on-time, do your job. Management is supportive and knowledgeable, some perks like $100 for the amount of years you have been with the company...etc. gifts on your birthday, company Christmas party.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lots of hours
December 20, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback! We're so glad to hear you've gotten support from your management team and that you enjoy all the benefits that come with working at Cornerstone. We'll continue to cultivate our work-family environment to support team members like you.

Best team to work for
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMOctober 28, 2018
Very supportive team. They push for you to do your best and challenge your knowledge in the best possible way. This company is truly the definition of family
January 16, 2019

We really appreciate you taking the time to comment, and you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned work-family. Investing in our people and cultivating a close, supportive work environment is what makes our company so successful. Having a family at work also gives great meaning to what we do. Wishing you the best!

Work day
LOAN PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2018
Everyday was a new challenge, it was great to learn something new everyday. The environment could be improved with working hours and time off. It was great experience overall
November 9, 2018

We're happy to hear that you found working at Cornerstone a positive challenge, and please know we appreciate your comments and take all suggestions into consideration. We continue to promote work-life balance for all our team members, both with play-at-work and with more flexibility. Thanks for all you contributed to helping Cornerstone grow.

best job EVER
Closer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Cornerstone Home Lending is by far the most wonderful company to work for, they care so much about the employee and the well being of the company, it would be an honor to work with them again someday.
November 9, 2018

Thanks for your kind and thoughtful comments! We're honored to hear you got so much out of being part of our team. We'd love to discuss your return if the opportunity arises in the future. Wishing all the best to you.

Excellent company
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 19, 2017
Cornerstone Home Lending is by far the best company that I have ever worked for. They truly care about their team members. There is plenty of room for advancement and team members are often recognized for their achievements. Caring people to work with. I've never worked at a company that I truly felt 100% job security until Cornerstone. There isn't a better place to work!
Pros
Advancement opportunities, great benefits, great work environment
Cons
None!
October 24, 2017

We're so glad to hear that Cornerstone is the best company you've ever worked for! We strive to make our team members feel valued, and we sincerely thank you for all your work and contributions. We hope you plan to stay in our work-family for as long as possible and advance into many new opportunities. Wishing you all the best.

Too much favoritism
Post Closing Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
There was too much favoritism, They would only give advance opportunities to those whom were close to the Senior Vice President. When other departments wanted to hire you on SVP wouldn't release you.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
could hardly take breaks
September 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback. Our Core Conviction as a company is to give all our team members what they need to thrive in life and move forward in their careers. For example, we conduct one-on-one interviews with each team member to ask them about their unique needs: what they need to be successful, what growth opportunities they are looking for, and more. Please know that we care about your success and will take your comments under serious consideration.

Caring Company
Secondary Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
Individuals are friendly and a very good atmosphere. Management is interested in every employee and the owner is a good person. Nice building, and everyone does what they're supposed to do for the most part.
June 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We're so happy to hear you've benefited from the work-family environment at Cornerstone. It's our goal to give our team members all of the tools that they need to succeed and thrive in their careers, and we're wishing you the best.

Productive and fun work place while being surrounded by amazing people
Client Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 16, 2018
Cornerstone is nothing less than the best. They truly go above and beyond for their customers. They take time to get to know each face that walks through the door and eager to help in any way possible.
August 9, 2018

Thank you for sharing with us. It means a lot to hear about the care you've received as part of our work-family. We continue to look for new ways to invest in our team members to grow our family and better serve our borrowers. Keep up the great work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Home Lending. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight