Cornerstone Hospice Employee Reviews

Has changed over the years
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLNovember 7, 2018
Mixed feelings.. patient care is great. Flexible schedule most of the time. Management is lacking. No real room for advancement. Constant changes is policies and procedures
Poor Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLNovember 4, 2018
Management refuses to address issues in the workplace. Cut-throat tactics among management staff and Human Resources. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing care to hospice patients.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Poor management, Cut-throat managers
Everryone was easy to get a long with.
Health Information Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLNovember 11, 2018
A typical day was busy, busy, busy....entering patients records into the paperless computer system. Management was always willing to help you if you ran into a problem. Hardest part of the job was having to explain the HIPPA laws of the family. The most enjoyable part was all of the ladies helped each other when the going got really rough.
Pros
Great Human resources
Cons
stressful when you had to input end of life patients info into their charts
New Management NOT Supportive
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 13, 2018
When I first started working at this company I was amazed at how much support I received from management and co workers. At the end of my employment instead of feeling supported I felt I had a target on my back for personal reasons unknown to me. The work is very rewarding but parts of management are a joke!
rewarding job with excellent management
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 8, 2019
I loved to work for this company...its amazing!! the only reason I left it was because I moved out of town and there where no Cornerstone to relocate. I don't know why it says I'm a former employee because I'm not. I speak good about this company because it is so rewarding.
caring, compassionate work environment
RN Case Manager/Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  winter haven ,flJanuary 28, 2019
compassionate, caring atmosphere. Non profit origination. work environment was friendly and always helpful! competent team members who work well together
Salary was not competitive
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 19, 2018
Overall, the environment was supportive and it fostered good team development. The patient caseload was appropriate and the admin staff was supportive. The salary was not competitive.
A bless place to learn about life
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 29, 2018
A day routine starts when you call your patients, letting them know we have a routine visit day scheduled.
Arrived an greeted for family members and patient, waiting for us to provide our services, assist them the most that we can in different aspects such, emotional, physically, individual and socially environment.
We learned that every person is unique and all patients have different necessities, every one deserve respect, to be listen, to receive comfort.
We met different cultures every day and is so value to learn from them.
The hardest part of the job is that we are never prepare to lost a patient because since the first day we get a connection with them.
The most enjoyable part of job is what we give because people will forget what you said or what you did, but will never forget , how you make them feel.
Previous employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 13, 2018
Many would think that I am a disgruntled employee which I am not. I chose to leave. I worked at CSH for 15 years and I loved the first 14 years. The atmosphere has changed since they hired new management. There is such a thing as too many managers. I have no issue with change and thrive off of it but they did not care about the staff and if you tried to give an opinion they would tell you if you didn't like it you could work elsewhere. You wondered every day if today would be your last. There are very few happy employees as I know many who are still there and things have not changed over the last three years that I have been gone. They made every attempt to get rid of the staff who worked there for many years and have mostly succeeded.
great place to work
RN Home Team Manager/On-Call Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 28, 2018
Employee engagement was the most challenge. Workforce was changed from 8 hour shifts Monday thru Friday to Monday thru Thursday 10 hour days and Friday/Sat/Sunday 12 hour days to maintain 7 day week nursing continuity of care. The nurses found this a difficult work balance conflict and had no option to pick their shift.
Cornerstone really cares about its patients
Intern and Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLOctober 5, 2018
I had the most amazing licensed clinical social worker boss and a mentor/boss/spiritual director who both took the time to help me as a new social worker.
Opportunity to work with end of life patients
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Excellent physicians, strong management support, great coworkers, opportunities for advancement.
Typical workday ranges from very busy to quiet, but can change quickly with new admissions. Wonderful opportunity to care for patients and families at end of life.
Pros
excellent physicians and coworkers
All about the money
RN (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven FLSeptember 24, 2018
This company is all about the money. Even though it is non profit, they stress getting patients onto hospice even if it is only for a week before they start chemo or while they are making a decision they can give us a"test run". They do not care about their employees the way they say they do. There is no concern when someone is out for a few weeks or a few months, no interaction with the employee by the managers. In the time I worked there I noticed lots of favoritism by managers. Certain employees were treated very differently. The nurses and cnas do take good care of their patients, that I must say. I would certainly want CSH as my hospice provider if I only had to deal with the caregivers.
Pros
Working with the families in need and being able to help them.
Cons
Managers play favorites, travel time/ hours, No time for meals due to appointments being scheduled close together and distance traveled, Lack of concern and interaction unless negative by manager, Managers do not have their employees back
Stay away!
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 30, 2018
A job anywhere else including McDonald's is a better place to work then here. Had an infestation of rats in the work building. Took them 6 months to exterminate. While they were exterminating they didn't evacuate the building, leaving everyone extremely sick. Management is the worst, the don't give any about you unless you are a good ole boy or girl from where they are from. Wages are low and benefits suck. Had to fight for days off. Just Don't.
Official response from Cornerstone Hospice
July 23, 2018

Dear Former Employee,
We would like to take this opportunity to respond to your review about Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care. At Cornerstone, employee satisfaction is a priority, so we strive every day to promote a culture of transparency, openness and respect. Staff are provided with options for sharing their thoughts and expressing their opinions directly or confidentially and more often than not that feedback is used to make improvements and enhance the employee work experience.

We regret that your work experience at Cornerstone did not meet your expectations. We value and welcome all constructive feedback and would like to encourage you to provide more specific details by emailing us at humanresources@cshospice.org

We wish you success in all your future endeavors.

Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 19, 2018
As any job, there are positives and negatives. My experience at Cornerstone has more positives than negatives and I enjoy my co-workers and patients. Cornerstone's benefit package is good and the pay is accurate for my experience and being a non-profit. My manager treats everyone fairly and has the best interest of the patients and families we serve.

I recommend Cornerstone to anyone seeking a career in hospice.
Pros
quality patient care, benefits, co-workers
Ability to use skills and knowledge
RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 16, 2018
Supportive, encourages increasing knowledge and skills, I enjoyed working and being supported with providing Hospices Care. Recognized when giving care to patients and families.
Pros
Support
Great co workers
Crisis Care LPN (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 8, 2018
Great coworkers and patients/pt families.
Don't count on getting full time hours unless you use all of your PTO to fill in to make up hours. They give a great amt of hours off (about 18 per month) but you don't get to use them because you have to use them to make up missing time. Management/ED doesn't really care/have a solution because most of the company is SALARY so, they get their hours no matter what. Our department is always slighted.
Pros
Lots of PTO
Cons
Not dependable for full time hours
Productive and fun, faith based work place.
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 27, 2018
It was an amazing position to hold! I learned so much while working with the company. My manager and preceptors took the time to train me the accurately, and in the right way, and the company moral was amazing!
Pros
Amazing company moral!
Cons
N/a
Great culture and benefits
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The service provided by the clinical staff there is very good. If your on the business development side it is easy to feel confident and passionate about what services are being presented.
Pros
Great service and benifits
Cons
Micro management
Best hospice in the area
PATIENT CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Compassionate care for patients and staff. Progressive, forward thinking leadership. Staff supports each other through stress of dealing with end-of-life care. Family atmosphere. Great place to work. I worked the hours I did due to my own need to be ahead of the game, not due to business requirements. I would have done whatever was needed for this organization. Would still be there if I hadn't decided to go back to school full-time.
Pros
Fellowship
Cons
No place is perfect - ever!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.