Cornerstone Hospice Employee Reviews

Previous employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 13, 2018
Many would think that I am a disgruntled employee which I am not. I chose to leave. I worked at CSH for 15 years and I loved the first 14 years. The atmosphere has changed since they hired new management. There is such a thing as too many managers. I have no issue with change and thrive off of it but they did not care about the staff and if you tried to give an opinion they would tell you if you didn't like it you could work elsewhere. You wondered every day if today would be your last. There are very few happy employees as I know many who are still there and things have not changed over the last three years that I have been gone. They made every attempt to get rid of the staff who worked there for many years and have mostly succeeded.
Great staff
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 21, 2018
Nice place to work.
Great staff
Kind to seniors
I helped the billing department with various office duties. They were very kind to me. The staff was warm and welcoming. Great place to work
Pros
great staff
Cons
Not really a good place to work.
PRN CNA / HHA- Tavares (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 4, 2018
The upper chain changes things without consulting us hands on staff, constantly taking away items to care for the patients. I loved the work but not the company. It's all the the higher ups instead of the patients. I loved my team.
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Higher staff dont care about anybody, including patients, and concentrates on the BUDGET. NON PROFIT...REALLY?
They make a mockery of hospice.
RN (Current Employee) –  TavaresMarch 9, 2018
Nurses out in the field are worked into the ground here. Admissions nurses have to admit everyone, so field nurses are stuck with patients that are not even hospice appropriate. It complicates care, and is not in line with hospice philosophy. If a nurse brings up a concern over this it is ignored. We also work under the threat of termination. The entire clinical staff does.
Pros
Working with patients and their families and great co-workers.
Cons
Completely unethical company
Opportunity to work with end of life patients
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Excellent physicians, strong management support, great coworkers, opportunities for advancement.
Typical workday ranges from very busy to quiet, but can change quickly with new admissions. Wonderful opportunity to care for patients and families at end of life.
Pros
excellent physicians and coworkers
Not sure
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLFebruary 16, 2018
The hardest part of the job was getting close to patient and family at the end of life. A lot of emotions and grieving in the home and scheduled visits and flexibility offered comfort in their time of need and space. Constant contact with RN regarding progress and decline of patient.
Contact RN regarding concerns from family, order supplies and medications, patient's decline.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient's family have kept in contact with me and have got to know family on personal level. End of life and the constant care I provided becomes more on a personal level.
I learned nature of diseases of various patients.
A typical day at work was driving to patient homes and providing care and reporting to RN and supervisor.
Great leadership
Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Perform shop duties.

With many changes in medical field. Each day is a learning process.

We have an exceptional team of leaders. My immediate supervisor we talk in the morning and review any foreseeable problems we can tackle.

Many culture's which makes the workplace interesting.

Having co-workers retire.

Knowing I always have a go to person.
Pros
Education, free lunches, compassion
Cons
Printer offline
Cornerstone Hospice a great place for end of life
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Cornerstone Hospice is a wonderful place to work. Management is very supportive and patient to nurse ratio is doable. People working there are very compassionate and support to each other and families.
Pros
Support
collaborative
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Great company to work for. Collaborative environment. assess patient, pain management, titrate medications according to Dr orders, use PCA pump for pain management.
Stay away!
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 30, 2018
A job anywhere else including McDonald's is a better place to work then here. Had an infestation of rats in the work building. Took them 6 months to exterminate. While they were exterminating they didn't evacuate the building, leaving everyone extremely sick. Management is the worst, the don't give any about you unless you are a good ole boy or girl from where they are from. Wages are low and benefits suck. Had to fight for days off. Just Don't.
stressful but collaborative place to work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
they are very mission-driven as non-profit hospice and seek to provide quality care to patients and families. Management is caring and responsive, but not always in tune with the needs of line staff across the various disciplines. They are in growth period and sometimes this creates additional stress for staff especially due to the nature of health care these days as well as the demands of being a hospice provider
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 19, 2018
As any job, there are positives and negatives. My experience at Cornerstone has more positives than negatives and I enjoy my co-workers and patients. Cornerstone's benefit package is good and the pay is accurate for my experience and being a non-profit. My manager treats everyone fairly and has the best interest of the patients and families we serve.

I recommend Cornerstone to anyone seeking a career in hospice.
Pros
quality patient care, benefits, co-workers
decent palce to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Decent place to work depending on what your achievement goals are.
The scope for advancement is limited, but there is room for advancement at the lower levels.
Pros
ok
Cons
ok
Great co workers
Crisis Care LPN (Current Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 8, 2018
Great coworkers and patients/pt families.
Don't count on getting full time hours unless you use all of your PTO to fill in to make up hours. They give a great amt of hours off (about 18 per month) but you don't get to use them because you have to use them to make up missing time. Management/ED doesn't really care/have a solution because most of the company is SALARY so, they get their hours no matter what. Our department is always slighted.
Pros
Lots of PTO
Cons
Not dependable for full time hours
Bartlesville, OK
CHHA (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJanuary 8, 2018
The management was absolutely horrible. They were so judgemental of people and made it seem like I was always doing something wrong when the patients and nursing facilities made it very clear that I was doing am outstanding job! They have no respect or loyalty to their employees here!
Pros
Patients were wonderful
Great culture and benefits
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The service provided by the clinical staff there is very good. If your on the business development side it is easy to feel confident and passionate about what services are being presented.
Pros
Great service and benifits
Cons
Micro management
Hospice experience
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLNovember 27, 2017
Hospice experience was beneficial in end of life care. I have increased ( perhaps updated ) knowledge in pain management. The experience was positive overall.
Pros
Self scheduling patient care rounds.
Cons
On call schedule could be demanding at times.
Not the place to work.
case manager handling home care hospice (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLNovember 6, 2017
They are about the numbers. Admission nurses are expected to admit 85% of the patients they evaluate. Case managers are forced to keep patients that do not meet hospice guidelines.
Pros
good benefits
The job in itself was great but the politics we're not so great
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 10, 2017
The janitorial work was good and I loved helping clean out sick patients rooms to help them and the staff feel better but the politics made the job become frustrating.
Pros
The job itself I do enjoy cleaning and organizing
Cons
not enough hours and the politics from HR
LPN (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 9, 2017
At my job, we have a good and bad day as it is with any other company. Like another job, one day could be stressful, and the next one relax. I learned how to approach patient toward their end of life, keep them comfortable, and how to provide support to their family. The management act reasonably most of the time. The hardest part of the job is to witness people dying all the time, especially people who weren't ready to go through this process yet. My best moment at this position is when I do something to make my patient happy and comfortable.
Pros
You get pay for mileage and toll
Cons
Some time your 12 hrs shift can turn to 4 hrs or less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cornerstone Hospice. Our community is ready to answer.