Cornerstone Hospice Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Ability to use skills and knowledge
RN/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLAugust 16, 2018
Supportive, encourages increasing knowledge and skills, I enjoyed working and being supported with providing Hospices Care. Recognized when giving care to patients and families.
Pros
Support
Cons
Productive and fun, faith based work place.
Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 27, 2018
It was an amazing position to hold! I learned so much while working with the company. My manager and preceptors took the time to train me the accurately, and in the right way, and the company moral was amazing!
Pros
Amazing company moral!
Cons
N/a
Best hospice in the area
PATIENT CARE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2018
Compassionate care for patients and staff. Progressive, forward thinking leadership. Staff supports each other through stress of dealing with end-of-life care. Family atmosphere. Great place to work. I worked the hours I did due to my own need to be ahead of the game, not due to business requirements. I would have done whatever was needed for this organization. Would still be there if I hadn't decided to go back to school full-time.
Pros
Fellowship
Cons
No place is perfect - ever!!!!
Chaotic and poor communication from the owner
Hospice Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJuly 8, 2018
Enjoyed the work, but the work environment was chaotic, with no real leadership. The owner is only present a few times a month, and lives in a different community. Co workers were nice enough, and the Medical Director is outstanding and well respected, Was laid off due to lack of work available on a full time basis, and needed a higher educational degree level. Long work hours and lots of driving involved.

Dear Former Employee,
Thank you for your feedback. Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care only provides services in Central Florida (we hope you are reviewing the correct organization). At Cornerstone, employee satisfaction is a priority, so we strive every day to promote a culture of transparency, openness and respect. Staff are provided with options for sharing their thoughts and expressing their opinions directly or confidentially and more often than not that feedback is used to make improvements and enhance the employee work experience.

We regret that your work experience at Cornerstone did not meet your expectations and we wish you success in all your future endeavors.

somewhat satisfied with hospice
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 5, 2018
Hospice was truly a learning experience and at times challenging for families. Working nights was my biggest challenge due to I am a day person. The most enjoyable part was working with the client to make that transition.
Excellent place to work
Medical Social Worker, Case (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 4, 2018
I have been with company going on 4 years. I love it!!! We have great Team Managers and staff are very pleasant. The overall experience with fantastic, there are always ups and downs, but it is very positive to work for the company.
Pros
Atmosphere and working conditions
Cons
long drive from home
A bless place to learn about life
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 29, 2018
A day routine starts when you call your patients, letting them know we have a routine visit day scheduled.
Arrived an greeted for family members and patient, waiting for us to provide our services, assist them the most that we can in different aspects such, emotional, physically, individual and socially environment.
We learned that every person is unique and all patients have different necessities, every one deserve respect, to be listen, to receive comfort.
We met different cultures every day and is so value to learn from them.
The hardest part of the job is that we are never prepare to lost a patient because since the first day we get a connection with them.
The most enjoyable part of job is what we give because people will forget what you said or what you did, but will never forget , how you make them feel.
Previous employee
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJune 13, 2018
Many would think that I am a disgruntled employee which I am not. I chose to leave. I worked at CSH for 15 years and I loved the first 14 years. The atmosphere has changed since they hired new management. There is such a thing as too many managers. I have no issue with change and thrive off of it but they did not care about the staff and if you tried to give an opinion they would tell you if you didn't like it you could work elsewhere. You wondered every day if today would be your last. There are very few happy employees as I know many who are still there and things have not changed over the last three years that I have been gone. They made every attempt to get rid of the staff who worked there for many years and have mostly succeeded.
Great staff
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 21, 2018
Nice place to work.
Great staff
Kind to seniors
I helped the billing department with various office duties. They were very kind to me. The staff was warm and welcoming. Great place to work
Pros
great staff
Cons
Not really a good place to work.
PRN CNA / HHA- Tavares (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLMay 4, 2018
The upper chain changes things without consulting us hands on staff, constantly taking away items to care for the patients. I loved the work but not the company. It's all the the higher ups instead of the patients. I loved my team.
Pros
Excellent coworkers
Cons
Higher staff dont care about anybody, including patients, and concentrates on the BUDGET. NON PROFIT...REALLY?

Dear Former Employee,
We would like to take this opportunity to respond to a your recent review about Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care. At Cornerstone, employee satisfaction is a priority, so we strive every day to promote a culture of transparency, openness and respect. Staff are provided with options for sharing their thoughts and expressing their opinions directly or confidentially and more often than not that feedback is used to make improvements and enhance the employee work experience.

We regret that your work experience at Cornerstone did not meet your expectations. We value and welcome all constructive feedback and would like to encourage you to provide more specific details by emailing us at humanresources@cshospice.org.

We wish you success in all your future endeavors.

Salary was not competitive
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHMarch 19, 2018
Overall, the environment was supportive and it fostered good team development. The patient caseload was appropriate and the admin staff was supportive. The salary was not competitive.
They make a mockery of hospice.
RN (Current Employee) –  TavaresMarch 9, 2018
Nurses out in the field are worked into the ground here. Admissions nurses have to admit everyone, so field nurses are stuck with patients that are not even hospice appropriate. It complicates care, and is not in line with hospice philosophy. If a nurse brings up a concern over this it is ignored. We also work under the threat of termination. The entire clinical staff does.
Pros
Working with patients and their families and great co-workers.
Cons
Completely unethical company

Dear Employee,
Thank you for your feedback. Cornerstone has an open door policy to address issues of any kind during employment. We take pride in the integrity of clinical decision-making and train all employees to advocate for patients. Cornerstone is committed to taking all appropriate action to assure compliance with all legal and regulatory statutes. To report concerns, please call or email our VP, Chief Compliance Officer - Jennifer Lacey: (352) 742-6864 or jlacey@cshospice.org or call our anonymous Compliance Hotline: (844) 240-0005. All concerns are thoroughly investigated and appropriate actions will be implemented to address the issue and prevent future issues.

Opportunity to work with end of life patients
Staff nurse (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Excellent physicians, strong management support, great coworkers, opportunities for advancement.
Typical workday ranges from very busy to quiet, but can change quickly with new admissions. Wonderful opportunity to care for patients and families at end of life.
Pros
excellent physicians and coworkers
Not sure
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLFebruary 16, 2018
The hardest part of the job was getting close to patient and family at the end of life. A lot of emotions and grieving in the home and scheduled visits and flexibility offered comfort in their time of need and space. Constant contact with RN regarding progress and decline of patient.
Contact RN regarding concerns from family, order supplies and medications, patient's decline.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient's family have kept in contact with me and have got to know family on personal level. End of life and the constant care I provided becomes more on a personal level.
I learned nature of diseases of various patients.
A typical day at work was driving to patient homes and providing care and reporting to RN and supervisor.
Great leadership
Home Health Care (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLFebruary 11, 2018
Perform shop duties.

With many changes in medical field. Each day is a learning process.

We have an exceptional team of leaders. My immediate supervisor we talk in the morning and review any foreseeable problems we can tackle.

Many culture's which makes the workplace interesting.

Having co-workers retire.

Knowing I always have a go to person.
Pros
Education, free lunches, compassion
Cons
Printer offline
Cornerstone Hospice a great place for end of life
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLFebruary 1, 2018
Cornerstone Hospice is a wonderful place to work. Management is very supportive and patient to nurse ratio is doable. People working there are very compassionate and support to each other and families.
Pros
Support
collaborative
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Great company to work for. Collaborative environment. assess patient, pain management, titrate medications according to Dr orders, use PCA pump for pain management.
Stay away!
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 30, 2018
A job anywhere else including McDonald's is a better place to work then here. Had an infestation of rats in the work building. Took them 6 months to exterminate. While they were exterminating they didn't evacuate the building, leaving everyone extremely sick. Management is the worst, the don't give any about you unless you are a good ole boy or girl from where they are from. Wages are low and benefits suck. Had to fight for days off. Just Don't.

Dear Former Employee,
We would like to take this opportunity to respond to your review about Cornerstone Hospice & Palliative Care. At Cornerstone, employee satisfaction is a priority, so we strive every day to promote a culture of transparency, openness and respect. Staff are provided with options for sharing their thoughts and expressing their opinions directly or confidentially and more often than not that feedback is used to make improvements and enhance the employee work experience.

We wish you success in all your future endeavors.

stressful but collaborative place to work
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 24, 2018
they are very mission-driven as non-profit hospice and seek to provide quality care to patients and families. Management is caring and responsive, but not always in tune with the needs of line staff across the various disciplines. They are in growth period and sometimes this creates additional stress for staff especially due to the nature of health care these days as well as the demands of being a hospice provider
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Tavares, FLJanuary 19, 2018
As any job, there are positives and negatives. My experience at Cornerstone has more positives than negatives and I enjoy my co-workers and patients. Cornerstone's benefit package is good and the pay is accurate for my experience and being a non-profit. My manager treats everyone fairly and has the best interest of the patients and families we serve.

I recommend Cornerstone to anyone seeking a career in hospice.
Pros
quality patient care, benefits, co-workers