Corning Community College Employee Reviews

Lacking diversity
Vice President/Dean of Student Development (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 21, 2019
Lacking in diversity and in-sensitive to needs of the students. Senior management favored the needs of the faculty over the good of the institution and students.
Overall Good Experience as a Contractor
Workforce Development Instructor (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 12, 2019
I am a contract employee with CCC in their Workforce Development Department. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here and would recommend this department and experience to anyone who is a master at teaching and is able to manage and maintain a flexible schedule.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 6, 2018
Loved my coworkers and the job wasn't hard other than some setups.I learned how to really deep clean and to keep things very clean. The hardest part of the job were some of the setups because of the lifting and moving of furniture.
benefits
Cons
some heavy lifting
No job advancement abilities
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 31, 2018
Looking for full time position but none where available. Loved working with the students and co workers it was a fast pace. No benefits for being part time though.
Relaxed work environment
Peer Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 25, 2018
Perfect working environment for students. Managers allowed tutors to work on homework during low-traffic times. Co-workers and managers got along well.
Being an archivist was fun.
ARCHIVIST (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 1, 2018
As an archivist, I mainly worked alone in an office. It was fun and I was able to work at my own pace (which is usually quite fast). I converted old college news papers into a digital format and made them available online.
Slow paced and Simple
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 2, 2018
The typical day was from 7 am to 3:30 pm, where you would do whats required of you. The management is understanding and willing to work with you. The hardest part of the job is trying to work in the heat of the summer.
Productive and fun place to work
Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJune 13, 2018
I definitely enjoyed working as a professor's assistant at Corning Community College. It makes me happy when I can help other people with tasks that they don't have time for otherwise. I feel like I really helped them out and hope they enjoyed my company as much as I enjoyed theirs. A typical day included marking attendance, sorting tests by last name alphabetically, counting inventory in the science labs, or typing up chemistry labs for the professors.
Productive and relaxed
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 23, 2018
The atmosphere is laid back, as well as easy to manage. Every customer is polite, as are the employees. Everybody gets along, and it's a very friendly atmosphere. We are all very close and cordial with each other, and speaking to my authoritative figures is easy and beneficial.
Student work is Alright.
Student Executive Board Member (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 23, 2018
Working in the Student Board for Corning Community College is a great student work. You get the chance to get to know students, teachers and staff members.
Pros
Free Lunches
Not the Greatest Management
Test Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYFebruary 26, 2018
Although I absolutely loved my job as an Admissions Recruiter, the work climate was very stressful and unsettling due to the management styles of those in leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, hard work, limited resources
Corning Comm College
Campus Safety Officer (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 21, 2017
I loved working for Corning Community College. I started my law enforcement career there and was continuing education when I left. I'm actually planning on going back to finish my RN degree.
Overall a Great Place to Work
Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYMay 12, 2017
Overall, I have enjoyed working for CCC for the past year, I believe that they have treated me well as a tutor and I would work for them again anytime.
Very nice place to work
Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Corning NYApril 6, 2017
Very nice place to work , enjoy helping students and faculty. They have very good benefits and work with your family needs. Would recommend anyone to work there.
Benefits
Cons
Hard getting full time
Corning Community College was fun to work for, as i am alumni there and worked as a custodian as i finished my bachelors degree.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYFebruary 15, 2017
As a custodian I was assigned to specific areas of the college to clean and maintain. I would also help with set-ups and breakdowns for events as well as snow removal.
Pros
I had the opportunity to meet many people working towards their Associates degree, as I continued with my education
Cons
Upon completion of my Bachelors degree, I could not move up in my department.
Great place to work and polish skills
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Nursing SchoolJanuary 20, 2017
A different tutoring style was employed here which gave me a chance to expand existing horizons and meet new people with different perspectives
Extremely beneficial for my professional experience
Athletic Director Internship (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYJanuary 12, 2017
During this stint as an intern, I took on a lot of responsibilities and tasks that I did not feel comfortable with. Although through that I gained an incredible amount of insight and knowledge about not only the athletics realm but the professional world as well.

Furthermore, I had to not only manage what my intern director wanted me to do throughout the day sporadically but my long term duties if you will, as well. Each day was unpredictable but I was always ready and willing to do what was asked of me.
Little advancement opportunity
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYDecember 27, 2016
CCC has little advancement opportunity and is not open to younger generations working in management positions. Currently they are under a college wide transition.
great place to work
Campus Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYAugust 15, 2016
Amazing place to work it was one of the best experinces of my life. I Learned valuable skills that helped me become more professional in my career. I would recommend this job to everyone.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Members of the department worked well together
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 6, 2015
Enjoyed working with other members in creating new computing, network, and security programs. The teaching of students was the most rewarding part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

Corning Community College Reviews by Location