Corning Employee Reviews

Customer Service
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 9, 2018
They have team leaders and managers' poor communicator between management. They will micromanage every order and keystroke.
When you need assistance, management are missing in action or will not back you up. If they don't like you, you are gone. Keeps people around who suck up and yet don’t perform. Customer Service is not allowed to work from home, however if they like you, you will have a laptop. Manages through fear to lose your job. Expect two or three years on a temp agency before hired. I saw people with great years (15 +) of experience just walk out.

Co-workers are great!
Pros
Gym, great benefits, rewards
Cons
Stress level high, bullie managers, no flex time
Great group of co-workers, hard working
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYNovember 8, 2018
Corning Incorporated is an exceptional place of employment! The Capricorn team was top notch. They were flexible , patient and encouraging. It was a great experience working with these fine people.
Operation Associate (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 2, 2018
I been at Corning for about 5 years now and I can say that its one of the best jobs I’ve ever had. Everything about this company is great from the employees to management and all the opportunities there is.
great co workers
PRODUCTION INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 28, 2018
• Closely monitored and examined each stage of the production process.
• Segregated non-conforming parts in accordance with written quality procedures.
• Investigate and report non-conformance to all relevant parties.
• Oversaw the identification of all parts/components used in the production process.
• Inspect equipment prior to start-up, for change-overs, or when handing off to next shift.
• Returned faulty parts to team members who were responsible for them.
Document first piece, in process and final inspections.
Pros
cafeteria
Cons
short breaks
fast paced with stress
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kennebunk, MEOctober 26, 2018
I was looking forward to working at Corning until it came to the actual job. Maybe it was just me, but I felt the work load was a bit much trying to keep up with multiple machines.
Pros
The starting pay seemed good.
Cons
fast paced and stressful.
The pay is decent
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning manassasOctober 25, 2018
The people in that place are pretty cool ! But it is very cliquey! There’s always so much work and not enough employees, they do not care they expect you to figure out a way to get it don’t and when you don’t get it done they ask questions they they already know the answer to there’s simply not enough people! Manufacturing has it the worst and they pay them the worst ! The folks in the office thank there smarter then everyone because they have degrees but they really don’t know anything about what we go through on the manufacturing side !
Pros
Hour lunch, decent pay
Cons
Long hours, unexpected weekends
Fiber Technician (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 24, 2018
Great place to work, had a nice job there flex hours, then 9/11 happened and the bottom dropped out of fiber thus l and several friends lost their jobs.
Pros
flex time
Best workplace culture
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 19, 2018
The workplace culture is very collaborative. You learn everyday, its a continuous process. I learned valuable management lessons and networked with diversed background teams.
Office politics
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corning, NY 14831October 17, 2018
Not clear why I can not return. I value being exposed to the Corporate culture.

I appreciated the benefits, opportunity to meet new people, working for a corporation, being introduced to an interesting profession and professional organization.
Pros
Recognition process, profession
Cons
Not given an opportunity to return to work.
Hiring Agents make Corning look bad
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Painted Post, NYOctober 17, 2018
Never go through Adecco terrible hiring agents to work within such a great company! Not there for the employees and families. they just want there cut of Corning money
Great company, culture difficult, location leaves much to be desired
Finance (Former Employee) –  Corning, NYOctober 16, 2018
Great company performing well in all areas.. The culture is antiquated and can be perceived as needlessly difficult. Engineers run everything and tend to over-engineer what should be very simple things. Location leaves much to be desired, but if you are well-regarded, they take care of their people and take development seriously.
This is a good place
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCOctober 13, 2018
This company has excellent benefits and the pay is fair for the cost of living in the area. The work hours and shifts can be very difficult, so it is not a great work-life balance.
Good Place to Advance
Workforce Development Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midland, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Advancement is always an opportunity at Corning. The culture is real laid back and relaxed. You are really well compensated with a bonus at the beginning of every year.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
No cons
Productive and efficient workplace with dedicated coworkers
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCSeptember 28, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed my experience working with Corning. I especially appreciated being assigned a project that had real meaning for the company. I was able to pursue it beyond the original guidelines and develop a trade secret for the company.
Terrible first job
FORMING TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Town of Erwin, NYSeptember 25, 2018
I've only seen and worked at one manufacturing plant that Corning owns, so my view is probably not indicative of the company culture at the headquarters. That said...
The team leader position is a trap for new engineers. You will get thrown under the bus repeatedly for as long as they need you in that position. If you last, you may be able to move elsewhere, if your lucky. Management likes to play the blame game, and when you genuinely ask for help fixing mistakes and improving your management skills, they send you to cookie cutter improvement classes, which are glorified powerpoint presentations.
Pros
...let me get back to you...
Cons
Management, depressing/toxic atmosphere, rotating shift
Corning is a good place to work
Contract Designer (Current Employee) –  Painted Post, NYSeptember 25, 2018
Great work atomsphere and good working conditions. The work was interesting and I enjoyed working with the people there. The compensation is fair and good.
Pros
na
Cons
na
A great company to work for
permanent cleaner (Current Employee) –  Corning, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I love my job and I work for a good company with good standing in our community and around the world. There are other plants located in other states and countries, so the possibility is endless as far as where you are restricted to for living.
Corning is a joke
Sheet glass operator (Former Employee) –  Harrodsburg, KYSeptember 20, 2018
Corning is no place to work, I would definitely NOT recommend it. They tell you you will work 12 hours a day, wrong, sometimes 16 or more and you dont have a choice. If you miss anymore than 4 days per year they will fire you or if you make any tiny mistake they will fire you, no questions asked and your so called union will NOT fight for you.
Pros
Money and benefits
Cons
Hr, management, medical, hours, work culture
Truly an outstanding corporation in the state of the art engineering and product/process development and quality manufacturing.
Training Department Supervisor/Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Midland, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Corning is a company that excels in telecommunications product development. This corporation is committed to employee development and growth. Individuals are challenged to perform at their highest level and always feel valued part of the team.
A great company to work for with great values.
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CASeptember 18, 2018
Corning supports its employees as it strives to achieve business results. There are opportunities for training and leadership development. Also the company lives up to the values that it promotes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corning. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss