Corona Norco Unified School District Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Para-educator Substitute (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work was fast-paced, fun, and I loved the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I loved getting to know everyone that came through our doors.
Pros
The people
Cons
The day was too short
Avid
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work followed a repetitive schedule. I learned to grade student's papers as fairly as possible. I learned to take initiative as an AVID tutor. I learned to interact positively with junior high school students. The most difficult part of my job was having to discipline junior high students and grading papers for each class. The most enjoyable part was guiding the tutorial process.
Pros
lunch break, college field trips
Cons
rotating schedule is difficult to follow and rmember
supportive and encouraging environment
Instructional assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAMay 26, 2017
Supportive and actively involved administrative staff. Top educational support for all students encouraging the best situation for the individual student. Encouraging staff all around the schools and district.
As part time employee, no security or support. Kids are great though
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  CFISMay 12, 2017
As part time employee, you don't feel much job security. Working within the job is good since the kids are fun but if faced with a conflict, don't expect much.
Pros
Kids are fun, nice coworkers
Cons
No job security
Cnusd
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAMay 10, 2017
The students were great. and the staff was extremely supportive. I enjoyed working with the students and collaborating with parents for student success.
professional
Substitute Teacher/ Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAApril 12, 2017
I worked for a professional administrative staff that was highly ranked in California for distinguished schools. Flexibility and the change of environment made the job refreshing and invigorating
Pros
great hours, diversity in the workplace, mentally stimulating
Cons
pay structure, politics, and room for growth for substitutes
Challenging and Rewarding
Secondary Educator (Former Employee) –  Norco, CADecember 28, 2016
The district is nice and fun! The people are outstanding! Get the right school so you can create a great work family! They care about their workers and it is a great atmosphere!
great working enviornment
cashier, count money (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAApril 11, 2016
load and unload water at every work station, wash dishes and put away, clean food warmers, prepare work station, count money in register, deliver cookies to all work stations, temp pizza and place in warmer. log temps. prepare tacos and wrap them for 4 work stations. I have learned to work as a team player in a large kitchen and how important sanitation of work area and food preparation. There is always a manager available to assist every employee. The co-workers always work as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the work day, I love my job. The best part of the job are the kids I serve and the great employees I work with.
Pros
To be around young people, they are very respectful.
Cons
That it is only 2 or 3 hours a day.
5 star review
cashier, count money (Current Employee) –  Norco High SchoolMarch 12, 2016
Busy day constant customer service and interaction with public.
learned cashier computers, issued money. great managers that were available all day. Co-workers very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of job was working Monday thru Friday and every weekend. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning retail and seeing how hard it is to stand on your feet for so many hours, and what a great store target stores were to work for.
Pros
great place to learn cashiering.
Cons
long hours standing on your feet.
enjoy being around the students
Instructional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 5, 2015
a typical day at work is we get students off the bus , we do have students with aggressive issues and make sure they are guarded at all times . have them independently take their things out and put them away. they get sent to the bathroom and start breakfast after that. they eat with their peers so they can learn to be at a table setting. then the academics start for example the calendar, days of the week, months of the year. then we go on campus to walk I am always aware to count them and see if we are all together and make sure they are in their best behaivor. I assist them during their lunch and through out the rest of the day and put them on the bus to be sent home. what I have leaned is to always be observant and make sure I am aware of my surroundings. my co- workers are a team we always work in a group of two that way someone is there at all times. the hardest part of my job would be when the students move on to another school. the most enjoyable part of my job is when they accomplish something that they can do independently and learned what I taught them and proving people wrong when they did not think the student would accomplish it.
Pros
working in a school
Cons
would like to work more hours but not allowed
Exciting new adventure every day
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work is showing up at the school office to get the room key, going to the classroom, reading the master teacher's lesson plans, picking up the students at the blacktop, bringing them to class, and teaching the lessons. At the end of the day I dismiss the students, write a detailed note about the day for the master teacher to read, lock the room and return the key to the office. I learned that substitute teaching is a fun and exciting profession that offers new things each time I teach. Every classroom is different, every school is different, every student is different. The hardest part about the job is adjusting to the flow of the classroom. Students get into a rhythm and feel comfortable following their daily procedures. As a substitute in a new environment I try to adapt to that particular class and continue with the flow the students are used to. I want students to feel as comfortable as they can while a new teacher is there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students. I really enjoy seeing their faces when they learn or understand something. They gain a confidence about themselves that is very fulfilling to an educator. When they are learning it means I am doing my job correctly.
Pros
Teaching and guiding young minds
Cons
No health benefits, not an everyday job, not a permanent job
Working as a teacher with the Corona Norco Unified School District was an amazing experience.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Norco, CaliforniaMarch 21, 2014
As a special education teacher, my duties were endless and the my opportunities for professional growth through experience were limitless. I am grateful for my experience with them.
A reputable school district run by intelligent people
TEACHER /ADMINISTRATOR DESIGNEE (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 9, 2014
CNUSD is one of the best school districts I have ever worked for in my 20 year career as an educator. During the strenuous budget cuts that affected so many California school districts, CNUSD remained solvent and only released a minimum amount of non-tenured teachers
Pros
very pro teachers, staff, parents and most of all students
Cons
diffiuclty with advanccement to mangment positions
fast paced environment while staying on your toes
Substitute Instructor (Former Employee) –  corona,caJanuary 9, 2014
Typical day as a Substitute was very clear and precise. Assignments were given and time management was the main goal for students completing all the tasks for the time given

I learned that all students are on different levels of absorbing information and putting it to use

As far as management goes, it is solely based on managing a classroom of 30 plus students per period or session
The hardest part of the job would be to keep the students attention and making sure they stay on track with work.
Gaining respect and confidence in the students was crucial for success
Most fun part would be seeing the students improve in areas where they had trouble with and giving them the confidence to succeed
Pros
Normal hours of work
Cons
discipline of students
On call
Substitute/Teacher's Aid/ Typist Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 5, 2013
Ready to work when they called.
Substituted for any position the school needed. On call and ready to take any job.
Great District
Teacher, Special Education (Current Employee) –  Corona May 28, 2013
Excellent District. Very large so it's hard to get to know some of your co-workers.
Pros
Highest paid distict in the area.
Cons
Lots of work to be done after work hours.
Rewarding and productive work place
Instructional Assistant  (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 15, 2013
I enjoy working with children. It is a rewarding experience. Children are amazing to watch. I have learned by working closley with children that children can do anything they put there effort and heart into. The hardest part about my job is not knowing what willl happen after the children move forward. The best part of my job is being a part in creating independence for children.
Pros
Staff appreciation
Cons
reasonable medical benefits
Fun place to work. Love interacting & meeting new people
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona,caJune 7, 2012
Helped teacher with his snack store. I was responsible for stocking the shelves, adding up total sales at the end of the day, & cashiering which included handling money.