Corona Norco Unified School District Employee Reviews

Very rewarding and sometimes very fast paced.
ABA (Applied Behavioral Analysis) Autism Tutor (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 7, 2018
I work with autistic students, providing individualized instruction to each student at school sites. I also make and prepare specialized visual tools on the computer to help assist students with their individual learning needs.
Great work experience for special education
Para Educator (Current Employee) –  Norco, CA Eastvale, CA and Corona, CAAugust 3, 2018
The position I hold is an on-call substitute ParaEducator. This work provides me with experience in different areas of special education. This position would be great for those that need a flexible schedule or those considering a teaching degree. The pay is above minimum wage. However, I do not recommend the position for a long term solution if you are dependent on that income. This position does not pay for spring break, Thanksgiving break, Winter break, and Summer break. You are allowed a few sick days but otherwise if you do not work you do not get paid. Permanent positions are applied for on the website but are difficult to come by.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Pay above minimum wage, experience in special education field, great hours and no weekend work
Cons
No pay during breaks and holidays, hard to place a permanent position, Students may be difficult to deal with if not accustomed to work
Great workplace and caring people
ParaEducator (Current Employee) –  Corona, CA Norco CAJune 16, 2018
At work I would help other aids gather children either by picking them up from the bus in the morning or getting them from drop off. We instruct them on what they need to do in the classroom and how they should behave for the day, or else consequences. By the end of the day if all went well we would reward them and take them to their destination to go home.
Lots of variety in classes so its not boring.I love teaching.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAMay 29, 2018
I have tutored at Continuation Schools, High Scools, Grade Schools, Community Colleges and I have taught classes at all of them. I enjoy teaching so it was all good. I enjoy one to one best and all phases of math. I enjoyteaching students to love math not hate it and when they find ou how easy it is they do love it. That rewards me more than money. The 0 most enjoyable part of the day when eyes light up. Its a wonderful day at school when teaching one studemt to love math. Sometimes the supervisors dont even care whether you love what you do or not. I got written up in the Riverside district and wasnt allowed to explain my side. Corona never did that to me. Thats why I stayed in Corona. I once had to put a 14 year old boy on the toilet from his wheel chair. I am 5' 2' and 115 pounds. It was tough. The teacher let all the aides go early so she used me as the aide. Worst day at school.
Pros
you could always take of a day if needed without reprocussions.
Cons
You didnt work enough in a year because of all the vacatioons. Easter Christmas and Summer Vacation.
Compared to other school districts
School Counselor (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMay 8, 2018
Unfortunately, I've had the pleasure of working in other school districts and I can say that Corona Norco School District is a leader from Top to bottom off the educational organization. I love and appreciate the way they service their clients/communities and how they protect and respect their staff/employees. It is a pleasure to work for such a great district and a blessing to meet and work with so many amazing educators in this district.
Good
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAFebruary 28, 2018
I thought it was great to work for the District. Helped Kids all day. The staff was always nice. The only thing I didn't like was that it was temporary work and that I would go long times with no work due to the vacations, but if you're not stressed for money and like helping kids learn, then this is a great place to work at.
Pros
Help kids, good pay
Cons
part time, took months to get permanent positions, long periods of no work
Substitute Teacher
Substitute Teacher K-12 (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoy working as a substitute teacher for CNUSD. The teachers provide great instruction, have excellent routines in place for their students. I feel like I'm able to make a seamless educational experience for students in the absence of their teacher.
Productive and fun workplace
Para-educator Substitute (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work was fast-paced, fun, and I loved the environment. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I loved getting to know everyone that came through our doors.
Pros
The people
Cons
The day was too short
Avid
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJune 15, 2017
A typical day at work followed a repetitive schedule. I learned to grade student's papers as fairly as possible. I learned to take initiative as an AVID tutor. I learned to interact positively with junior high school students. The most difficult part of my job was having to discipline junior high students and grading papers for each class. The most enjoyable part was guiding the tutorial process.
Pros
lunch break, college field trips
Cons
rotating schedule is difficult to follow and rmember
supportive and encouraging environment
Instructional assistant (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAMay 26, 2017
Supportive and actively involved administrative staff. Top educational support for all students encouraging the best situation for the individual student. Encouraging staff all around the schools and district.
As part time employee, no security or support. Kids are great though
AVID Tutor (Former Employee) –  CFISMay 12, 2017
As part time employee, you don't feel much job security. Working within the job is good since the kids are fun but if faced with a conflict, don't expect much.
Pros
Kids are fun, nice coworkers
Cons
No job security
Cnusd
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAMay 10, 2017
The students were great. and the staff was extremely supportive. I enjoyed working with the students and collaborating with parents for student success.
professional
Substitute Teacher/ Swim Coach (Former Employee) –  Norco, CAApril 12, 2017
I worked for a professional administrative staff that was highly ranked in California for distinguished schools. Flexibility and the change of environment made the job refreshing and invigorating
Pros
great hours, diversity in the workplace, mentally stimulating
Cons
pay structure, politics, and room for growth for substitutes
Challenging and Rewarding
Secondary Educator (Former Employee) –  Norco, CADecember 28, 2016
The district is nice and fun! The people are outstanding! Get the right school so you can create a great work family! They care about their workers and it is a great atmosphere!
great working enviornment
cashier, count money (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAApril 11, 2016
load and unload water at every work station, wash dishes and put away, clean food warmers, prepare work station, count money in register, deliver cookies to all work stations, temp pizza and place in warmer. log temps. prepare tacos and wrap them for 4 work stations. I have learned to work as a team player in a large kitchen and how important sanitation of work area and food preparation. There is always a manager available to assist every employee. The co-workers always work as a team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the work day, I love my job. The best part of the job are the kids I serve and the great employees I work with.
Pros
To be around young people, they are very respectful.
Cons
That it is only 2 or 3 hours a day.
5 star review
cashier, count money (Current Employee) –  Norco High SchoolMarch 12, 2016
Busy day constant customer service and interaction with public.
learned cashier computers, issued money. great managers that were available all day. Co-workers very helpful and friendly. The hardest part of job was working Monday thru Friday and every weekend. The most enjoyable part of this job was learning retail and seeing how hard it is to stand on your feet for so many hours, and what a great store target stores were to work for.
Pros
great place to learn cashiering.
Cons
long hours standing on your feet.
enjoy being around the students
Instructional Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Corona, CASeptember 5, 2015
a typical day at work is we get students off the bus , we do have students with aggressive issues and make sure they are guarded at all times . have them independently take their things out and put them away. they get sent to the bathroom and start breakfast after that. they eat with their peers so they can learn to be at a table setting. then the academics start for example the calendar, days of the week, months of the year. then we go on campus to walk I am always aware to count them and see if we are all together and make sure they are in their best behaivor. I assist them during their lunch and through out the rest of the day and put them on the bus to be sent home. what I have leaned is to always be observant and make sure I am aware of my surroundings. my co- workers are a team we always work in a group of two that way someone is there at all times. the hardest part of my job would be when the students move on to another school. the most enjoyable part of my job is when they accomplish something that they can do independently and learned what I taught them and proving people wrong when they did not think the student would accomplish it.
Pros
working in a school
Cons
would like to work more hours but not allowed
Exciting new adventure every day
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Norco, CAOctober 10, 2014
A typical day at work is showing up at the school office to get the room key, going to the classroom, reading the master teacher's lesson plans, picking up the students at the blacktop, bringing them to class, and teaching the lessons. At the end of the day I dismiss the students, write a detailed note about the day for the master teacher to read, lock the room and return the key to the office. I learned that substitute teaching is a fun and exciting profession that offers new things each time I teach. Every classroom is different, every school is different, every student is different. The hardest part about the job is adjusting to the flow of the classroom. Students get into a rhythm and feel comfortable following their daily procedures. As a substitute in a new environment I try to adapt to that particular class and continue with the flow the students are used to. I want students to feel as comfortable as they can while a new teacher is there. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students. I really enjoy seeing their faces when they learn or understand something. They gain a confidence about themselves that is very fulfilling to an educator. When they are learning it means I am doing my job correctly.
Pros
Teaching and guiding young minds
Cons
No health benefits, not an everyday job, not a permanent job
Working as a teacher with the Corona Norco Unified School District was an amazing experience.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Norco, CaliforniaMarch 21, 2014
As a special education teacher, my duties were endless and the my opportunities for professional growth through experience were limitless. I am grateful for my experience with them.
A reputable school district run by intelligent people
TEACHER /ADMINISTRATOR DESIGNEE (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 9, 2014
CNUSD is one of the best school districts I have ever worked for in my 20 year career as an educator. During the strenuous budget cuts that affected so many California school districts, CNUSD remained solvent and only released a minimum amount of non-tenured teachers
Pros
very pro teachers, staff, parents and most of all students
Cons
diffiuclty with advanccement to mangment positions