Corporate-Red Bank, NJ Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work enviroment
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Matawan, NJJune 27, 2018
Gives you the opportunity to take a break from your duties by providing ping pong tables, game rooms, relaxation rooms, exercise equipment to use during or after work hours.
Great company, but a huge company, so at times you would have to deal with the red tape.
CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Four Seasons at Mirage in BarnegatJune 16, 2018
They had a tremendous training program, and always encouraged people with Bachelor's to get their Masters. As long as you got a B, they paid in full.

I also got great pay raises and quarterly bonuses.
Pros
Training
Cons
Dealing with a little red tape
Opportunities to advance
Arch Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Carpentersville, ILJune 10, 2018
I have learned a tremendous amount at my current position, however without management retiring, advancement is difficult. The daily routine is never constant, which is a blessing.
Pros
Challenging environment with good people
IRS KGB CIA all rolled into one.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJune 4, 2018
If you would like to work for a company that has meetings just to schedule meetings; do reports for the sake of reports, and relentlessly train associates in the art of the "seven steps to a strong start", but not train them the difference between a footer sump and a floor sump. Then this is your company of future employment. All you have to do is inquire about the employee turn-over. It is tremendous and the true testament to the corporations lack of dedication to their employees. I saw the writing on the wall after only one week of working for KHOV and should have left.
Pros
If you're a competitor, it is easy to compete against them. They are their own worst enemy.
Cons
Bureaucracy, red tape, inflexibility to change to local market conditions
Great place to learn
SALES CONSULTANT SELLING SINGLE FAMILY HOMES (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLMay 31, 2018
Loved selling on site. Meeting new people and helping them on there house hunting journey. Satisfaction in my sales. Enjoyed all aspects of on site sales.
Pros
Learning
potential to be great
CAD Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Bank, NJMay 16, 2018
they have the ability to be great but everyone was afraid to show the next how to do things in fear of being replaced by new talent. forced to choose work over family.
Poor Local Management
NA (Former Employee) –  canton ohioMay 16, 2018
poor local management with poor documentation practices and make you figure things out with no support. the work load that was described in interview and agreed upon was more then tripled in actual work setting. When talked to management about it no solutions were given.
Pros
Friendly work staff
Cons
POOR local management
Run run as fast as you can...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMay 16, 2018
The Maryland Division management lacks any sense of culture, integrity, appreciation, loyalty... etc. Favoritism across the board. Worst of all corporate would rather turn a blind eye than to deal with the real issues as to why the MD Division has decreased in sales, reputation and financial strength. Run... and thank me later!
Pros
Money
Wonderful place
Community Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAApril 24, 2018
This position got me started in the building industry. I loved learning the process and watching the jobs come to life. I enjoyed working with the team and learning from each other. I was really disappointed when I was laid off.
Out of work because no land to build on
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 24, 2018
Land department failed to secure land and work came to a end so without land there is nothing to sell and nothing to build.owe a lot of money to creditor. No worries if the employees are able to pay theirs bills or not. Alot of talanted people was let go because of paying off bad loans and not securing the employees future
Pros
Cons
Owes out alot of money and cant provide future employment
Challenging & Fast paced
Community Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 19, 2018
Challenging & Fast paced job position. As a Construction Manager overseeing all aspects of new homes being built in the communities I worked on, it was very rewarding.
never worked for this company
Construction Technician (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 15, 2018
never worked for this company so I can't really give you a rating on how it is to work there. sorry must have entered this by mistake. no comment on the company.
Sign Holder
Sign Holder (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 8, 2018
It was a temporary job but i really liked it. It did pay some of my bills though. i wasn't working enough hours to fully benefit from the job. I mean i was working 40 hours but it was with in 2 days.
Good company
New Home Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2018
As with any commission only jobs, the stress level is high. K Hovnanian is a good company. My direct sales manager was great. The division level presidents were numbers driven & not necessarily people oriented. That was what makes me rate the management team less than 5 stars.
Laid Back and Work/Life Balance
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 19, 2018
Really enjoyed working here. Very collaborative workplace and full benefits. Flexible work hours and no micro-managing. Managers were very helpful and encouraging.
Division Estimator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 17, 2018
overall was a great place to work. learned a great deal and would highly recommend to anyone looking for entry level job into the market of inspections.
Pros
independence
Cons
long hours some times
productive
Sales Host/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJanuary 11, 2018
it's a good company to work for, just now the market is slow of selling homes. but they do have good products are there. just we cant change the economics the ways its right now that all, so corporate have to lay some of his people go, otherwise awesome place to work.
great
Network Admin Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 30, 2017
Hovnanian Homes is one of the premier home builders in 13 states, with many home communities spread throughout the United States. A corporate environment that allowed a person to grow within the company.
Stressful - Unfair
Sales Assistant/Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLDecember 26, 2017
My Sales Manager was extremely unfair and was stealing my sells away from me and helping his friend make few extra bucks. He didn't know how to manage a team of 11 and 3 of us resigned the same day.
Good people, needs some organization within management. Too many chiefs
Homeowner Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 5, 2017
Overall this was not a bad place to work I just wanted to advance my career so I left. The people were very nice for the most part and I learned a lot.