Corporate Concierge Services Employee Reviews

Concierge for many shopping malls in Chicago, IL
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 19, 2019
I worked as a concierge at various shopping malls in Chicago, IL. Some malls were very busy which made the job interesting to me. I interacted with many people who were either tourists or locals asking for information.

When at I worked at one of the malls, it was too simple for me, I did not have a computer, only a store directory. Not too much interaction with customers. I missed being busy with projects.
Enjoyable
Receptionist/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2019
Enjoyable meet people. Learning new facts about the Mall Easy working conditions
Enjoyed people I worked with, Christmas time was the the hardest time , finding parking place
Awesome Job!!!
Guest Ambassador Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Loving caring staff as well as management, one of the first jobs where I can be myself and help others. Very comfortable and vibrant business. You have that one on one with you management ram and crew which is amazing.
Pros
Pay, co workers, management and events
Chill, decent place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 10, 2018
Great management, flexible scheduling, professional dress code, no piercings, extremely high-end shops so be wary of snobby guests, coworkers become close friends, overall mad chill.
Nice place to work but corporate management is no good.
Guest Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 10, 2015
Overall, the people I worked with were great. Hours are flexible and pay was good for the job. The problem here is upper management. The corporate managers were horrible. They did not know what was going on and they kept changing their minds regarding procedures. They are very irresponsible, incompetent and quite honestly shouldn't be managing at all. I heard stories that during corporate events that they were spending thousands of dollars on fine dining and wine. This misappropriation of funds probably let to us closing down. They should be fired.
Growth in Inter-Personal Skills
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 12, 2014
- It is an eight-hour customer service job. Interacting with different type of people on a daily basis
- I had learned to be in contact in different situations and on the spot problem solving in terms of customer needs in directions and information.
- Co-workers are fun to be with and we learn each day from each others mistakes and accomplishments.
- The hardest part of the job is when customers gets upset and annoyed to things that are out of the customer service associatescontrol.
- The most enjoyable part of the job is when unpleasant things normally turns out to be one good experience to learn.
Cons
Short Breaks, Long walks
A great place to learn all you need to satisfy any customer.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMay 17, 2014
It was fun we were allowed to walk around not just stay in the office.
I did many different jobs which made it interesting everyday.
I opened up making sure I counted out the cash register for the day and all equipment worked. I answered phones, replied to client emails, promoted company gift cards, promotional events in the mall, gave customers general mall info., Rented out wheel chairs, handled customer complaints, and learned a little Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Chinese.
Very demanding physically.
Management was young as well as co-workers.
Most enjoyable part was meeting all the multi-cultural customers and putting a satisfied smile on their face.
Pros
Great co-workers, fun environment, demanding
Cons
short breaks & messed with time clocks
Creative and outstanding company, however POOR choice of staffing
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAApril 18, 2014
I was able to apply what I learned and show initiative with small projects aside from my daily assigned duties. Being concierge for the mall was awesome. Mall management was very open and helpful. Willing to "show you the ropes" if you showed an interest in learning and doing more than just the minimum.
Guest service management and team was HORRIBLE. Management lacked in areas of leadership, communicating and encouraging the guest service team members to perform to or above company standards. Workplace consisted of much drama. Overall, I would say that the team was content, reluctant to improve and a few co-workers including guest service manager were VERY unfriendly and unprofessional.
The hardest part of the job was offering suggestions and ideas or giving any input. Management was used to three years of the same routine. What I enjoyed most about the job was being able to engage with the guests and provide accurate info about the mall. It's amazing when you actually have most or all of the answers when people have questions.
Upon resigning from this position, the company's corporate office showed major concern about issues that led up to my reason to leave. I appreciated that they took the time to hear my opinions. I wish things were operated more seriously at guest services, that way they wouldn't lose good individuals in a job as such as this one.
Pros
Gaining experience in areas such as marketing and admin
Cons
Poor managment, unmindful colleagues, lack of respect in the workplace
Great to meet new people
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Richmond Heights, MOAugust 15, 2013
I like the work and meeting new people .Answer calls ,help visitors ,call taxi service for tourist ,offer event information and promotions .
Pros
Work alone, no stress .
Cons
no full time hours
Fast pace.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 17, 2013
I love my job and what it have help me accomplished so far in the begginning. It helped me with the right and wrong for the customers. what to say and how to approach a guest/ customer.
Its a small nice area center court of the mall
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMarch 12, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is when we have promotions for our customers, and seeing the smiles and excitement on ther faces.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
short breakes