Corporate Traveller Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Corporte Travel Planners
International Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2018
They gave me an opportunity to get back into the work place. I didn't work at the main office in San Antonio I worked at the clients office in Houston so I didn't have to relocate.
Pros
Didn't require me to relocate
Cons
Didn't have monthly meetings because the main office was in San Antonio and I worked in Houston.
Good people
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 20, 2018
It is a good opportunity to work with some really great people and the perks are great. Very good entrance training program but ongoing training could be better.
Be sure you have cell/landline capabilities!
VIP & Corporate Travel Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 17, 2018
Had a death in my immediate family. Despite informing them that family member lived in a very rural area which had no cellular service and telling them up front the days off I would need off to be with family, they took disciplinary action on me just because I didn't verbally speak to a manager. A text or email was not acceptable.
Pros
Mon-Fri, Great staff
Cons
Inconsistent and unfair policies when it is necessary to take off work.
Loved the travel business and my clients....some days 4 hours, some 10.
Independent Contractor/Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2018
The travel business was never boring and fun to work with such a diverse clientele....However, the writing was on the wall as soon as "online tickets" etc. were offered...Know when to walk away unless you are happy with only Leisure Travel.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Some LONG putting out fires with oversea bookings
Great industry to work in with lots of perks
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 17, 2017
I would say my main issue with Corporate Traveller was that sales people were competing with their managers. Not a great idea to encourage advancement and it created a cut throat atmosphere.
Pros
Great commission opportunity
Cons
cut throat atmosphere
Not for everyone
TRAVEL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Pro: you can make a lot of money depending on your portfolio of clients and the degree of work you are willing to put in

Con: you do not determine the clients in your portfolio
Lively atmosphere which is perfect for young professionals
ASSISTANT TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 28, 2017
My work is primarily e-mail based. I work directly with clients and executive assistants to arrange travel itineraries for employees and executives of small to medium sized enterprises.
I have learned the skills to be able to balance cost, convenience, preference, and schedule while creating complex, global itineraries.
Office-level management is great, although communication outside of that is challenging. Most management is not based in the office.
The workplace culture is quite relaxed, which many social and team-building activities.
The work load is rather high, and overtime is frequently required. This has become a strain on my work-life balance.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie with my colleagues.
Pros
Travel, social outings, room for growth
Cons
Often do not get a break, often work late
Hard working and great group of people
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2017
I loved working with Corporate Traveler/Flight Centre. It was a fun environment, with great people, always willing to help each other. I worked under and with very supportive, understanding, and smart coworkers. Would recommend this company to anyone I know.
Too much play not enough work
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
Alot of emphasis was that they are a work hard play hard .
And believe you me that doesn't even scratch the surface
Fun but felt like I was in a fraternity
Corp Travel Manager
Corporate Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  BostonAugust 17, 2016
Fun laid back environment,
lots of opportunity for high salary/advancement
Tough work/life balance
incentives and opportunities for travel, agent discounts
Great company to get your foot on the ground
REGIONAL DIRECTOR OF SALES - SouthWest USA (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2015
I still work for the company in America in a Managerial Level so no complaints. I have been seen a lot of the world and learned a great deal in my 18 years with the company. Hard work is rewarded and your earning potential is uncapped.
Pros
Great opportunity for advancement, Travel opportunities
Cons
Easy to mess up work life balance.
Young, Exciting and rewarding
Business Travel Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2014
Very unique company. A lot of personal freedom to run your own business, while still working in a team atmosphere.
Pros
fun culture, small teams
Cons
work life balance
Great place to work...
Travel Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2013
Book travel for UT University of Texas, all 18 componets. Work from home office, very busy account. Great people to work with, lots of experience ...
Stay away!
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2013
I worked for this company over a year as a BDM. Up until my last month there I exceeded quota. The job itself was ok as travel I was very interested in travel. The thing is they utilize a bait and switch technique to capture clients. They want us to lie to clients and say that we will always have the lowest price with no annual contracts that need to be signed. Then when clients try us out, they make sure for the first month or two to give them the best pricing, once the client's trust has been gained, BAM! They start taking advantage of them left and right. They only care about the really big clients. The pay was REALLY under market as well. They did have REALLY nice conferences. There is virtually no chance for advancement unless you are drinking buddies with management. Most of the Directors of Sales of the company have no management degrees/training. They got their position due to being really close with upper management. If you want a good job selling travel, go the big boys Amex or Carlson Wagonlit, at least you know you have a legitimate shot of advancement and making money. I'm laughing as I write this because the President of FCM Canada now works for Amex as a Director of Sales and the USA VP of Sales now works for Carlson Wagonlit.
Pros
nice conferences.
Cons
under market pay, clique corporate mentality, bait and switch selling techniques.