Corpus Christi Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Professional work place but not very flexible with school schedules.
PRN (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 27, 2018
I liked the staff and the people I worked with, I had very good training but I did notify the hiring manager when I applied for the job that I was a student at Del Mar, I was told they would be able to work with my schedule and once the new semester started, they were not able to give me hours that worked well with my school hours
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
Not able to work with school schedule
Staff is Cut throat , be careful
Part Time Employee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 1, 2018
OR Manager & staff have a clique going on , if they feel your not good enough to fit in their clique/standards they are sneaky and will set you up for failure..RN' s are unprofessional backstabbers as well they sabotage and spread lies and rumors to kick or drive you out. This place needs to flush that OR out of the toxic people that work there
Pros
Pay
Cons
No lunch relief, no breaks, stressful environment
A nice place to start.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 22, 2018
This company has integrated good resources for employees and has a fair workplace culture. For professional nursing, there is an option to get interdepartmental transfers however the process is based on an online interview with a survey that takes about 30 minutes. Human Resources send e-mails with updates and you rarely get a call from the manager of the unit you were looking in to unless you get a call from a nurse recruiter. This can make advancing your career difficult if you wish to climb the ladder, so to speak. That's what I wanted to do. The hardest part of the floor nursing job is time management. The more enjoyable part is getting to take care of patients and families. This is a good place for new-graduate nurses to get started too.
Pros
STAR-RN program, good medical benefits, tuition reimbursement program
Cons
high stress, sometimes no meal breaks, call-in policy, nurse turnover rate
stressful and long hours of work
Guest service tech (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 16, 2018
work is very good until they change the company who are handling us it got worst by the minute. from the benefits and scheduling. it wa ridiculous. have to work long hours because its always short staff cant get time off after a year when the company changed over. many new employees comes and go because of the management who cant put their people to work.
Pros
if you want overtime, this is the place for yout, If want to loose weight this is the perfect job for you, it will keep you off your toes all the timei
Cons
team leaders who wants you to do their jobs and doesnt care if you already have yor break or not
Quality Management
Skilled Care Coordinator - Quality Department (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 27, 2018
I reviewed pertinent quality indicators and provided analysis of data for hospital administration and physician leaders. This was a very stressful position as it required the ability to report information that was sometimes unfavorable regarding individual or systemic practice. I developed a close relationship with physicians in leadership roles and enjoyed collegial interactions with many.
Pros
Personal Development
Enjoyed this experience
Charge Nurse/PRN-Telemetry-2E (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 2, 2017
Enjoyed the opportunity for CCMC to allow me to get this work experience, I enjoyed this step in my career and feel very motivated to take this challenge.
Workplace culture
RADIOLOGY (Current Employee) –  BAY AREASeptember 25, 2017
Unethical, poor management,deceptive practices throughout entire senior leadership. There is no accountability at Bay area/Radiology.They do not care about employee issues.
Pros
Cons
Underpayed. Understaffed
Better than other places
RN (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Overall a good place to work and pays better than other hospitals. The CEO is present and very approachable. Work is steady and I make my hours. There isn't much opportunity for career growth though.
Pros
new cancer center, some growth and expansion
Cons
cafeteria food, management not supportive of each other and seems too busy and stressed out all the time
Awesome
Er tech (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 19, 2017
Great place to work team works in efficient and with great effort would work again if I had to great team great benefit s working environment is awesome
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78411July 26, 2017
It is a great place to work for someone with more experience. I wouldn't call it a teaching hospital. The department I am from is run by a great manager.
n/a
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 5, 2017
sign IV batch for the hospital, use meditech and medcomm to enter, and verify orders. Check in narcotics and grant access to pyxis to new employees. Internal Medicine and NICU dosing recommendations and clinical consults for Vancomycin and Aminoglycoside dosing. Monitor Coumadin and other high risk anticoagulants. Renally dose medications, teach/train college of pharmacy students and Residents.
Great
Ortho/ Neuro Cert. Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 27, 2017
Really great place to work ,with excellent employees.
Everyone is easy to get along with.
Nice working environment.
Everyone help each other as needed.
very productive busy workplace
CNA, Psych Unit/ ER Tech (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 13, 2017
on a typical day I was busy from the time I got to work until the time I left. I learned a lot of different things working in the ED. Everyone was willing to work and help out.
Training
Phlebotomy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 14, 2016
I really liked the Corpus Christi Medical Center for my training, they were a very happy and friendly staff. I would most definitely work here.
Registered Nurse on Medical surgical floor
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXDecember 1, 2016
Recently graduated nurse, was looking to gain beneficial experience from the med-surg floor in order to expand nursing skills. The floor is not what I was expecting and I have found the job to be very stressful. The floor is short handed, high turnover, poor management, large patient to nurse ratio. It is too difficult to provide the care needed to the patients, with the 12-13 hour day you have. I have found that this is not the type of work that I would like to do. The staff is great, the patients are great. The fast pace helps the day go by quickly.
Pros
Great staff and patients
Cons
Busy floor
Surf Instructor
Student (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 28, 2016
It was a great experience. Nothing beats working on the beach. Management was poor but the co-workers I had made up for the poor management. I worked with a lot of children and some adults and taught them how to surf.
Great
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 23, 2015
I absolutely hated to leave this job but it couldn't be helped because I had to move to Delaware for family reasons. Working in PBX as a switchboard operator was my most favorite job I have ever had.
Productive, friendly, proficient
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TexasOctober 19, 2015
Coordinating daily activities of the Labor and Delivery Unit, scheduling procedures, assisting patients physicians and other staff with daily routines
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Doctors Regional is one of the best jobs I've ever had. It upholds superb professional standard and provides an amicable environment in which to work.
Social Worker/ (Current Employee) –  Corpus, TAMOctober 1, 2015
A typical day at work begins with a busy morning. The intensity starts to wane around lunch time. Management is superb! Upper management are willing to address concerns and they always try to ensure a safe environment in which to work. The CEO the Corpus Christi area is very approachable and friendly.
Cost of living raises are available yearly, and benefits adequate to meet the economic demands.
HCA provides the tools neccessary to be successful at your job and also provides CEU's. Co workers for the most part are helpful and most try and go the extra mile.
The hardest part working in a hospital is dealing with outside vendors to which you have little to no control.
Pros
Great benefits!
Cons
Deal with outside vendors.
Terrific Therapy Crew
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 2, 2015
The therapy team got along great, always had awesome chemistry with coworkers and they helped me develop intellectually as a student and prepared me for my board exams by allowing me to tackle complex case studies.
Pros
Excellent chemistry and teamwork within the therapy and nursing crew.
Cons
Hesitant to allow me to tackle wound care objectives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Corpus Christi Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Corpus Christi Medical Center Reviews by Location