Correct Care Solutions Employee Reviews

not a perfect place of employment
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Littlefield, TXAugust 14, 2018
The line personal are wonderful and caring individuals and well worth more than they are compensated for, while management is very unorganized and dysfunctional in policy and actions toward the needs and or progress of clients or employees,
Pros
Uniforms are provided
Cons
lack of management and or control, no true guideline as to policy and expectations for employees
Terrible management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 14, 2018
The local HSA is terrible. Lazy, uninvolved, cluless. Nepotism runs rampant, hires friends and acquaintances and gives them preferred hours and higher salaries. Goes on vacation with employees of opposite gender. Super unprofessional and practices completely unethical behaviors such as letting employees clock her and her friends out after being gone from work for hours.
Pros
really none
Cons
management
Work that matters, but very poor local management.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Portales, New MexicoAugust 8, 2018
I believe in the work we do, it truly matters. Unfortunately, the current management is far more focused on the larger of the two facilities in their charge, and refuses to understand the unique problems that our tiny facility faces. There are certain employees that management has allowed, if not encouraged, to disrespect our immediate supervisor causing an unbearable and hostile work environment. We work in a very stressful environment. Lately, the greater majority of the stress comes from management's unwillingness to see, no matter how many times it is brought to their attention, that one difficult employee really can destroy what was a great team, This is unacceptable in such a potentially dangerous environment. We have lost an AMAZING charge nurse because of the hostile environment that has been allowed to fester. Loyal employees get reprimands with no investigation while others get away with blatant disrespect of both detainees AND fellow staff members. Sadly, it is for those reasons that I no longer encourage my nurse friends to look at CCS as a potential employer, at least not in our area.
Pros
Very good starting rate of pay for our area
Cons
Extrememly poor management, working alone for 12+ hour shifts, frequently being short staffed
Overall the Job was comparable to the market
Administrative Assistant, Legal (Former Employee) –  1283 Murfreesboro PikeAugust 5, 2018
A typical day at my job consisted of normal administrative duties. I was coming from doing accounting for several years so it was an adjustment to get back into the administrative world. I was very pleased and excited with the ways that technology has advanced since my last administrative positon. I thoroughly enjoyed learning new things. While management was not totally bad I do wish that communication and training could have been better thought out and executed.
poor
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCAugust 4, 2018
Not treated fairly if you want a vacation forget it you have to work 60 plus hours a week under paid and no dont even think about time off unless your boss best friends..........
Pros
lots of hours if you feel like killing yourself
Cons
everything
The hardest part of my job
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 2, 2018
The hardest part of my job is not being able to perform certain task that a Medical Assistant can perform. Not utilizing all the skills of a medical assistant
Not the worst employer
RN (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 30, 2018
CCS has the potential to be one of the best correctional health vendors in the world. However, until they start investing in their employees they will continue to attract poor performers and continue to have low staff moral and high turnovers. I actually enjoyed my job until the end. Its not about being able to do the work, or sacrificing your time, or being committed to the company. Your success and growth is based on who you know and whether or not you're apart of the clique.
Pros
Autonomy, less strenuous work load compared to hospitals/ltc
Cons
Favoritism, mediocre wages, poor training
Lvn
LVN Charge Nurse/Day Shift Nurse (Former Employee) –  Robstown, TXJuly 26, 2018
Job was long hours for 2 days but then you got 2 days off. CCS was a great group to work for. My managers were always on your side and willing to teach.
Amazing company
RN (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2018
Amazing corporation with generous compensation. Coworkers were supportive for most part, there are always a few bad apples. Corruption on the local level.
Stressful, ever changing expectations
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 26, 2018
Management strives to please the client, no matter the employee cost and sacrifice. Micromanaged, ever changing expectations, whats good for one employee may not apply to all employees. My manager was a classic micromanager, was told frequently we are the CEO of the facility, however, unless you did things her way, it was wrong. Expected the HSA to fill in shifts, but also be over everyone including the provider staff-can't very well do that if you are taking orders from them. Did not provide petty cash fund, expected mangers to pay out of pocket then get reimbursed. Unrealistic expectations.
Pros
Pays well.
Cons
Extremely stressful
Ccs
RN, Regional Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 25, 2018
CCS has been a wonderful place to work for the past two and a half years. All the staff are friendly and knowledgeable. The core values of the company, I believe, are followed by all. We all strive to do our best for our clients and our patients.
Great company to work for
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  La Grange, KYJuly 25, 2018
CCS is the place to go if you are looking for a unique career with lots of training and advancement opportunities! It’s a huge company with a small feel and you truly get to know your leaders.
Pros
Salary, promotions, travel, culture
Cons
Work/life balance, demanding hours
Horrible Management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, KYJuly 24, 2018
Management at CCS is EXTREMELTY unprofessional. I've never seen the HSA be professional. They tell you what you want to hear & have no follow through.
Great Place to Work
DA/MST,CCMA (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, DEJuly 19, 2018
For many people( HealthCare Workers) , the job or career they have is a huge part of their identity and allows them to do something which can really make a difference to others, Its not always the easiest environment to work in but despite its challenges. A positive work environment makes employees feel good about coming to work, and this provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.rewarding employees who put in effort for their work.
Pros
Great Place to work
Cons
Dont Know of Any
Over all great place and environment to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 17, 2018
Absolutely one of my favorite places of employment. Great staffing and upper management. Amazing security within the facility with proper rules for safety and reassurance of surroundings. Although confined for a maximum of 12hr shifts, I never once felt unsafe.
Pros
free meals
avoid them
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 14, 2018
I could never do anything right...they would constantly critize me...and let others get away with the same issues. They discriminate if you're disabled or an older adult...one of the people who made the same mistakes, got a promotion - of course, he was younger. Other staff are allowed to slack off and take many breaks...they get treated like saints but those of us that work hard and never missed days, are treated horrible.
Cons
poor management, dicriminates
Experience may vary
LPN (Former Employee) –  Montrose, COJuly 14, 2018
This company relies heavily on the manager of the small jail. If you get bad vibes from them on the interview, it's probably not going to work out. PRN doesn't truly mean as needed. If you get placed on a shift there is not enough other pro nurses to cover shift.
Quantity vs Quality
REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJuly 13, 2018
Company cared more about their end $ than they did about quality of care. They maintained a policy of if it ain't broke don't fix it, because at the end of the day corporate got paid. Very little support from the HSA and as long as she didn't have to cover a shift she didn't care how many hours of overtime everyone else worked. Easily burnt out.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSJuly 9, 2018
Loved working for Correct Care Solutions. I enjoy working with the population that we serve. It is a difficult population to deal with at times, but overall they appreciate what care they are provided.
Pros
Great company to work for
Cons
Usually working in a jail or correctional facility
lots of opportunity to learn
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 5, 2018
Lots of opportunity to learn. Poor management, with little to no opportunity to advance role. Difficulty negotiating pay- and was not provided compensation for items like DEA licensure or BLS certification.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
low pay-scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Correct Care Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight