Correct Care Solutions Employee Reviews

Worse company!
N/A (Former Employee) –  Brickeys, AROctober 16, 2018
Do not work for this company at earu. Management are bullies! Very mean, rude, and uncaring. Not fair, no consistency, policies are made to fit them!!
Pros
There are none
Cons
Never experienced racism and discrimination the way that I did while working at Earu through CCS
Loved working with this team.
Licensed Practical Nurse \ Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 15, 2018
A conscientious team of officers & healthcare workers helping one another without tire.
A typical day at work: get a shift report, count narcotics & sharps, get medications ready, screen intakes, pass meds, document every encounter. I learnt that I am never bored at my job.
productive and enjoyable
DON (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXOctober 13, 2018
A typical work day was 0730 to 1600. I drove 80 miles one way. The problem is this area is sitting on an ocean of oil. Prices are sky high but salaries for nurses do not equate.I have learned a lot about federal prisons with illegal aliens.
Because the company I work for is a contractor of medical services, there is a disconnect between medical and correctional. At times workplace culture can get heated especially if you are trying to get your job done and a new bus arrives with 40 inmates to be assessed.
The hardest part of the job, was juggling my job and training my boss, who did not know anything about the position. The most rewarding part of my job was being able to help inmates and staff in higher learning.
Pros
The medical staff is wonderful and really care about their jobs
Cons
Seeing money that could be utilized better.
Company is Awful
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 10, 2018
Awful company. Lots of bullying and quick to fire even though they don't provide any training or the proper tools to be successful. You will see jobs on here all the time because they are always understaffed because everyone who doesn't get fired quits because it is such a terrible company to work for. If you apply, you will get the job because all you have to do is show up for the job interview and they will hire you. Once you see how many patients die because of them and how they don't even care one bit about it, you'll want to quit.
Cons
terrible management and culture and awful patient care
Correct Care
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 9, 2018
My experience is a rough one, we were never full staffed. The hours that needed to be covered resulted in numerous OT hours for full-time staff. I enjoyed the people that I worked with, but found myself working alone much of the time.
Pros
Good hardworking colleagues
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Empowers Uneducated Jail Staff to Make Medical Decisions
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 8, 2018
I worked for two years at this company, taking excellent care of clients only to be let go based on misinformation on the part of the jail staff. Management sided with staff in order to keep the contract, without any meetings or review of tapes. You would think that two years would have meant something, like to have management question the gossip of one of the worst, uneducated, disorganized lead officers in the building, but it didn't. If you work here be prepared to be wrongfully dismissed. I saw the jail staff do this to each other before it happened to me. Management at CCS is horrible. Cold-blooded pursuit of the almighty dollar. If they cared about the inmates they would have figured out what was going on with this lead worker and gone to bat for me, their compassionate loyal and competent employee. But instead they decided to hold on to that contract, which is obviously more important than the real clients, which are the inmates. I hope they lose the contract anyway. It would be a case of instant karma for throwing an excellent employee under the bus.
Pros
The inmates really appreciate the medical care.
Cons
Awful unattentive cold-blooded upper management.
challenging job
Charge Nurse / Sick call nurse (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37217October 5, 2018
day shift better than night due to staffing. safety a concern at times. teamwork was good, fairly flexible as far as scheduling.
can't always help/teach patients in this environment
Pros
coworkers
Cons
environment
Somewhat stressful enviroment... opportunity for overtime available
Custody Officer (Current Employee) –  Florida City, FLOctober 2, 2018
Its a patient first facility. Staff there are replaceable and they make u feel that way. Seniority doesn't mean much around there. There is a lot of opportunity for extra hours due to high number of call-outs on a weekly basis. The job turnover rate is also very high. It's not very comfortable work enviroment because you are limited to use what you learned in the academy in the actual workplace, reason being the people housed there are considered patients, not inmates.
Pros
opportunity for overtime
Cons
Lunch is bad most of the time. Feels like you're on pins and needles everyday
Jail enviroment was stressful
MEDICAL RECORD CLERK (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
Scanning took up most of my day. I learned how to use their EMR system which was better and faster than any I had previously used. My supervisor was great but upper management was not organized. The office environment was fine but as a hold, the jail was a terrible place to work. The job was no hard. I truly enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
I enjoyed the work that I did.
Cons
I would not want to work in a jail again.
Strained work environment
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 30, 2018
If CCS thought about the type of management they are putting in place that would solve a small portion of the issues. Demand that retaliation, intimidation, and threatening behavior not be used as a form of a supervisors role. Often times management would put employees at odds with each other making “back door” deals and showing favoritism. Leaving the work environment very stressful and hostile! When brought to the attention of corporate nothing will ever be done. Full training wasn’t given to new employees, it was rushed and expected that you just knew what to do. Deputies can be both rude and abrasive or very respectful and attentive to making sure they are assisting nurses. The population is what it is, only thing is with this company you will always be in the wrong. It could be a great company if there was morale and teamwork.
Pros
No uniforms
Cons
Lose trust
Medical Clerk Pasco County Jail
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Honestly it's a joke. They hire you as a medical clerk but cross train you on phlebotomy. Multiple people were cross trained but because the nurse supervisor chooses favourites, no one helped with blood taking. On vacation, came back with 0 labs done. When confronting others about it, they say" my badge says medical records". Because no one else would draw blood I was stuck doing it by myself with no pay increase. Phlebotomist make more than medical records clerks ( scanning and filing) yet we were all making the same. DO NOT WORK AT THIS FACILITY.
Pros
Free cookies. Inmates made from scratch
Cons
Everything. Management. Pay. Workload
We need more team players.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  columbia scSeptember 30, 2018
We need more smiling faces. Team players, and communicating coming from the employees. More money for the risk people take around the patients. Better supervision from certain departments.
Working iwth adult and juvenile inmates in Dane County Jail Conduct suicide risk assessment, and interventions.
Counsel clients or patients (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 28, 2018
Provided supportive counseling and brief therapy for depression, anxiety, anger relationship issues. I enjoyed Interviewing clients to gather information about their backgrounds. I learned to be sensitive and compassion to my clients. The management was supportive and assisted me when I needed. The workplace culture was positive and respectful. The hardest part of the job sometimes was to conduct suicide risk assessment to inmates that don't want to cooperate. The most enjoyable part of the job was to save lives.
I love the job
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 28, 2018
I was only going to work for one summer part time and I am still with CCS mostly because of the people I work with. The hardest part of the job is that most of the time at the jail I work at the sherriffs department is short staffed so we do not have an officer assigned to our area every night.
Pros
I make my own schedule
Cons
security for the staff is always short
Busy place
Night RN Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrightsville, ARSeptember 26, 2018
It was a busy place with very little structure. Manager at the time was very lax in leading the team. She tried to be friends with the employees. Employees never relieved you from work on time. PTO and sick leave was proficient.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Never relieved from work on time. In coming shift was always late
lousy administration
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 23, 2018
Worse administration. Jail system was not protective of their staff. Buildings and grounds were not well kept. Informed administration that the patient's records could be tampered with but they refused to lock the charts after medical personnel had entered notes.
Pros
left
Cons
everything
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work at CCS was busy. No day was the same, so having the ability to adapt to the environment and perform nursing skills in a controlled area could sometimes be difficult. This job taught me how to adapt and how to interact with a vast variety of personalities to provide the best patient care possible.
poor work place 1 star all around
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
There was no consistency between each institution, and poor management. High turn overrate and no incentive to stay, no chance of promotion. No mentoring or preceptor.
Pros
frre lunces once a month and good gifts for Nurses week and Christmas
Cons
Could not keep good help due to poor management
Very productive and a great place to worl
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Littlefield, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Very productive and a great place to work...I enjoyed working with all my fellow coworkers. Management was great I never had any issues at all...would highly recommend employment here.
Very hard company to
Recruiter/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 17, 2018
This company is full of military men and they run it like they are in the service. No human feelings just work 12 hour days 7 days a week. This was how they ran the company whenever they added a new client.
Pros
They had a lot of tools to help.
Cons
They did not teach you how to use all of the tool they had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Correct Care Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight