Correctional Health Partners Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible place
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJuly 11, 2018
I had a better rapport with the inmates than i did with my coworkers. Morale was the worst i have ever seen at any employer, staffing was ridiculous and had very little cooperation from jail staff. Safety was key and they did do well enforcing our safety for the most part. Any complaints to our management fell on deaf ears. Getting off on time was impossible, and contacting our nurse practitioner for orders was hit and miss at best. Emergency situations were dealt with poorly. We often ran out of basic meds for med pass, and all we could tell the inmates was sorry about your luck. The inmates almost always treated me well and I built solid rapport with most of them, even though they were often treated like animals from other medical staff and jailers. I would have rather been an inmate there.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No breaks or lunches, never off on time. Poor management
August 14, 2018

Hi,
I am very sorry to hear that you experience in Pueblo was not a positive one. If you are open I would like to speak with you further to see what we can do to help resolve some of the issues you mentioned in your post. Please feel free to reach out.

Jennifer Andersen
720-612-6827

Love this company, love my job!
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2018
I work with a great team and my leadership is always supportive when I have questions or struggles. My boss expects high performance but is willing to work just as hard as everyone else. Overall, a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Benefits, pay, leadership.
Great employer
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDMarch 19, 2018
Love my job and all the staff that I work with. Best job I have ever had. On a daily basis pass out meds to inmates on med cart, wound care and help with administrative work such as filing and phones.
Great Company!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 19, 2018
Awesome company to work for with a great culture. I would highly recommend CHP to anyone thinking of applying here. amazing team environment with approachable leadership.
nursing
QMAP (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COFebruary 1, 2018
wonderful staff, wonderful management, i just loved working there, great team work, safe, protocols in place. community team, great communication. flexiable
Save yourself the headache
Lpn (Former Employee) –  Maine, MEJanuary 27, 2018
Do yourself a favor and continue to job search this company is based out of Colorado you will never see anybody for management unless there is a concern or maybe once a year it is extremely cutthroat there is absolutely no job training whatsoever they will fill you full of nonsense about the training you will get but you will not receive this training management changes so fast you cannot keep track of who's around and who is not around also where they are a company that is hired out you can lose your contract at any time and then you're out of a job
Benefits
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COAugust 3, 2017
Work within a county jail in a secured environment taking care of inmate's medical needs. Your typical day consists of passing medications, completing patient medical history screenings, medication verification, health assessments, nurse sick call visits, and occasionally providing emergency care. We have an excellent, professional work environment, and the benefits are great too!
Pros
work environment, proffesionalism, benefits, trainings
Bait and Switch
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 28, 2017
I applied for and was scheduled for an interview for a position this company had listed on Indeed. During the first 3 minutes of the "interview" I was informed that they changed the listing for the position for which I had applied. Changed job requirements and hence, I was no longer a candidate for the position. . A waste of my time and a seemingly very dishonest business practice, bait and switch.
Pros
ended before it started
Cons
Bogus job posting
July 3, 2017

Hello,
I believe you are referring to a recent mental health position that required a specific license for our location in Pueblo, Colorado. I do apologize, healthcare is an ever changing industry and requirements do occasionally change for openings based on the needs of the individual facility. We do our best to notify candidates of any changes in a timely manner and promptly change our job posting to prevent further confusion. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and am happy to discuss with you personally.

Allison Zulkoski
720-612-6645

Difficult Management/Difficult Environment
EMT-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 25, 2017
Very long hours, pay is okay, NO breaks in certain positions, including time to eat. Many personnel have poor or no skills to be doing what they are doing. Protocols change almost daily with poor communication from management. Patients are detainees and some medical staff as well as detention officers could care less about the detainees.
May 25, 2017

Hi,
I am very sorry to hear your views about the environment in Pueblo. If you are open I would like to speak with you further to see what we can do to help resolve some of the issues you mentioned in your post. Please feel free to reach out.

Allison Zulkoski
720-612-6645

wonderful team
Front Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 12, 2017
My immediate leader was a micromanager. My leader had no previous experience supervising or practicing in an office environment. She was unable to provide feedback. I found a lot of my time on the job was counterproductive and inconsequential.
Pros
work/life balance; compensation
Cons
micromanager
Great Benefits
Administrative Staff (Current Employee) –  ColoradoApril 4, 2017
The benefits offered by CHP are amazing, some of the best I have seen in the healthcare industry. They are a small company based out of Denver that listens to it's employees. Management is accessible and listens to suggestions because they are small which is a welcome change from many of the larger healthcare companies. The team is great to work with and has a close knit feel that recognizes one another frequently.
Pros
Great worklife balance, pay, benefits
Cons
None!
Office work
External Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Río Grande Municipio, PRMarch 30, 2017
External Coordinator managed all external service to Medical Assistance to confined people. I did a check list daily of external appointment. Be X-Ray, Laboratories, Specialist, Admissions to surgery and others
Worse place i have ever worked for
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 15, 2017
No support or concern for safety from management. They are never in state . They work from Colorado all they want are the contracts from our facilities. Worse company I have ever worked for...you advise them on a dangerous situation and they turn a blind eye...but then expect you to bend over backwards to bail them out when they want something.
Friendly, supportive company
NP (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2016
Great company. The managers and administration were quick to respond if I had a question and would try to collaborate on any issues. Managers are knowledgeable and reasonable. Pay is above average, good benefits. They like to get to know their employees personally (they throw a really fun holiday party!) but, because we all work in smaller clinics far from the main office, it's sometimes more difficult to get to know your managers/administrators/coworkers than your average non-jail medical clinic and you should be comfortable communicating by phone, email, Skype.
Pros
Pay, benefits, co-workers, helping the underserved
Cons
most (not all) teaching/training in this job is done remotely, not as much one-on-one support as you would find in a regular medical clinic, your support/management is not on-location all the time.
Employees are second class
Correctional Crisis Worker (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COOctober 21, 2016
The environment at this company was terrible. There was no respect between employees. The only time you heard from the boss was if you were in trouble. They pay different according to education and not the job. They have people doing the same things but some are paid far less because they are only an EMT and not an LPN, etc.
Pros
Cons
Work environment, excessive negativity, no appreciation of employees
No communication
Former member (Former Employee) –  MaineSeptember 22, 2016
Corporate hard to get ahold of. No one seems to have answers. They hire unskilled management who don't want to work as a team.
Cons
No support
no support
Health Services Administrator/Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2016
Company was out of Denver and I worked in Akron. No support from upper management. Felt lost with no direction. Start up was really rough. Then they told me I wasn't doing things right when nobody told me what I was supposed to be doing in the first place.
where is management?
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJuly 6, 2016
Colorado is the answer. Which makes it impossible to work for them in Maine. Would attempt to call HR or other "hire ups" for support and no one answered.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
distant management