Correctional Medical Group Companies Employee Reviews

Love the job, not the company
Nurse (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 7, 2018
Horrible upper management that is too disconnected with local employees. Numerous lies about shifts, schedules, hours, coworkers and training. No reviews or raises available to part time or full time staff. High turnover of PRN and part time employees. No one seems to know what is going on within the company. Very little training before being sent to shifts alone.

Great experience working with jail staff and employees of facilities in general. Correctional background or knowledge of would be very beneficial. Always felt safe and protected from dangerous criminals. Never a dull moment, fast paced.

Hardest part of the job was long (2-3+ daily) hours standing and preparing daily med pass and updating MARS with outdated pharmacy/EMAR. Short staffing and no coverage for vacation or sick time.

Must be self directed and have great time management skills, able to communicate with general public and/or criminals and able to work alone for long hours. Self defense classes would be helpful as most days are spent around and in jail cells, inmates and open pod(s).
Pros
Flexibility in daily work schedule, job experience-culture
Cons
Benefits, management/admin, short staffing, no room for advancement
Be skeptical.
LPN (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 6, 2018
Simply, they have proven themselves to not be trust worthy or have much concern about their employees.
They have a few outstanding management people on the local level, but corporate has shown they could care less about their nurses cutting hours and pay, switching established schedules with zero advanced warning.
When they came into our facility I was really excited with everything they promised and said they were going to do, but it seems it is turning out to be so much empty talk.
There is a reason they pay so well!!
Rn (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 3, 2018
RUN dont walk from this job. Deputies and inmates were great. But wow!! I have never worked with so many rude. Disrespectful. And mean people in my entire life. I was so excited for this job. I think at least 8-10 nurses have quit in the past 6 weeks. And its not due to correctional nursing. How this company has gotten so large and has so many contracts is beyond me. COME BACK CORIZON 😢
Pros
Good pay. Deputies are nice.
Cons
Disorganized and simply mean from the doctors to the CNAs
Nightmare place to work
LVN (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 29, 2018
Non existent new employee training, just expect you to figure it out and when you refuse an assignment due to being unfamiliar to the job you are told you aren't a team player. New grad RN charge nurses who don't know how to handle incidents, or even run a shift because they also had poor training. High, high turn overs.
Pros
Cons
High turnover, unapproachable management, no training support
Fast paced
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 21, 2018
The leadership is really bad. They only care about the jail contract. Get everything in writing via email don’t trust anything they say.
They have several wage violations they never give you proper break and change the computer when over time is done.
Cons
The don’t give you break and
Toxic environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJune 2, 2018
This was one of the worst places that ive ever worked at. No team work, and poor management. Some coworkers choose to sit around, and you’re expected to do extra to make up for it. The manager is afraid to manage the staff, and lets people do whatever they choose to do for the day. The custody staff is amazing, but a lot of the medical staff is terrible.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Toxic environment
Poor management. Better avoid.
RN (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 28, 2018
Avoid this place!
Poor, nonsupportive management.
Stressful environment.
You must know the specificity of patients in jail and prisons.Some stuff doesn't have previous experience with inmates and it might be problematic.Many people resign from job quickly.
Good salary but very expensive benefits.
Cons
poor management, stressful environment
Enjoy my job.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 6, 2018
I love the people that I work with! The manager on site is very caring and informative. There are times that the job is difficult, high paced but we all pitch in ( busy and slow days, its a mix). We have the opportunity to be on the transition teams when we get new contracts which can be in California or other states. Positive if you want to travel and bond with your co-workers.
Pros
patient population, my co-workers
fast paced, good job
Mental Health Provider Adult Detention Facility (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMarch 29, 2018
liked the work and team but left for internship. Fast paced and good benefits, heavy workload and not much room for advancement. Management has issues not listening to people and has knee jerk disciplinary actions.
Pros
pay
Cons
not much for advancement, workload
cfmg
License Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 13, 2018
you have to be special kind of person to work here you never know what going to happen its jail . if you cant differentiate fake from real this is not the job for you . you have to be as smart or smater than the inmate . co workers are cool if you look past attitude. learn to leave work at work
Pros
co workers
Cons
everyday is different
Miserable company to work for.
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAFebruary 3, 2018
The only thing good about this organization was pay. Should you choose to work for this organization, I suggest that you continue to explore other opportunities.
Great Company
LVN (Current Employee) –  Ukiah, CADecember 12, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for, they really do a great job of looking after their employees and trying to do what best for them. If you are think of applying for a position with them I recommend it.
good
Medical Clerk/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nevada City, CAOctober 30, 2017
This company is great to work for. I had great hours, the staff including the custody side is great to work with. the schedule that I have is great. I have a great benefits package. Our company if growing quickly so that gives us more opportunities in the company.
Poor management
LVN (Former Employee) –  Redding, CaliforniaOctober 11, 2017
License constantly at risk by things asked to be performed out of scope with no back up from management. Management continuously allowing and participating in hostile work enviroment. Great pay but hours never consistent even when promised.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, favoritism, hostile work enviroment, unsteady hours
Decent place to work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CASeptember 21, 2017
Charge nurses are really cool. Doctors are approachable and easy to talk to. Very busy at times and access to patients is limited to deputy availability.
Pros
Not stressful, easy work
Cons
Access to patients is difficult
Good Comapny
Health Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 13, 2017
Excellent support from executive staff. Growing company with take charge attitudes. Selective in bring the right person tomdo the right thing always.
Solano County's Management is terrible !!!!
LVN/RN (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CA- Solano CountySeptember 11, 2017
Managers will put your license and career at risk. The DON and Program Manager (which are both RN's) do not know how to make a simple schedule and are terrified to actually work as a nurse. Shifts are left unstaffed daily and if a co-worker calls off you are forced to stay. Managers dont care if they burn you out because "we are all replaceable". Management will request you do work out of scope and/or without correct supplies leaving the inmate and your license at risk. (improvise is what were told). Save your license and yourself from working with incompetent managers and coworkers.
Supportive and Growth
Health Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  Monterey, CASeptember 2, 2017
Very interested in employee growth and elevation in profession. Company recruits and hires top talent applicants and works hard to maintain "doing the right thing".
would not work here
Registered Nurse/Behavioral Health - Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Goshen, NYAugust 7, 2017
The worst place to work.
I didn't learn anything
management sucks
workplace culture - cut throat
hardest part of the job - working with management
most enjoyable - there isn't one
Pros
no pros
Cons
the job in general
Best in the Industry
Health Services Administrator (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 31, 2017
"Always do the right thing" is the motto and this company does live by this.

The company Is a leader in the industry and brings solutions to the best partners in the US.
Pros
Brings forward a strong conviction to do the right thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Correctional Medical Group Companies. Our community is ready to answer.