Corry Manor Employee Reviews

Corry Manor
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAJune 13, 2018
I took my CNA through them- Cindy is A-MA-ZING! She's always helpful and friendly. I didn't see much of the DON, she was never really out of her office- there were a few nurses who weren't so great... the pay is the the best- but you do get free lunch. Its tough if you have kids because they are not flexible- you cannot have your phone on you, you have to keep it in your locker- a few nurses who were there went as far as patting people down.They did pay ME through my CNA classes though and paid for my cert test. Over all it was a good place to start out at.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not flexible, if you do your job well- you're going to do everyone else's job also.
Nurses are great
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAMarch 23, 2018
Nurses are great there but the therapy wing can consist of alot of different characters for residents who always seem to need individual time. Can be short staffed at times but their senior aides make up for it.
Not a good evironment for staff or residents
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Management will not help in any situation the administration is never there. They will not stand behind their employees and are always calling in sick themselves very bad examples of what heads of a nursing home should be. They dont have a lock down unit and take all the patients that need 1:1 care which deprives the rest of the patients to suffer care they have residents that hit other residents and harrass them and staff. Never at full staff and always at state minimum the turnover rate is amazing like a revolving door of employees.
Pros
Free lunches if you like processed foods
Cons
No breaks no help from management and left to flounder on your own
Overworked, understaffed, poor management
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAJanuary 21, 2018
Management doesn’t care about the employees, they only care about not having to do extra work themselves. Unsafe staffing ratios. You get punished for being sick. Free meals but they’re disgusting. Depending on your shift coworkers are either extremely helpful or cut throat and manipulative, there is no in between.
Pros
Fair pay, benefits
Cons
Drama, understaffing, poor management
some days better
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAJanuary 9, 2018
I had to assist between 15-17 residents that was assigned to me on that day with daily living depending on the hours i worked that day. Depending on the other CNA i was working with would affect on how my day would go.
Poor work environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Corry, PASeptember 30, 2017
Terrible management. Overworked with job duties related understaffing. Negative co workers and poor attitudes. Not a clean facility. Little to no orientAtion your just thrown into a job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Understaffed poor management no teamwork
Stressful job!!!!!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAMay 4, 2017
This place is very understaffed and is very hard to advance in. It is the most dangerous nursing facility I have ever seen. Happy to be gone! They need to hire more employees including management who cares.
Pros
Great Co-workers, free meal
Cons
lucky if you get a break, short staffed, dangerous
review
Caregiver, CNA (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAApril 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Corry manor overall it was a great job and great staff. I mostly did direct patient care, feeding, bathing. I moved out of state and had to quit but I loved my job
Enjoyable
Nurses Aid (Current Employee) –  Corry, PAApril 17, 2017
My typical day begins at 6am and ends at 2pm most of the time.I have learned to be a fast multitask-er.The management is ok .The hardest part of the job is just keeping up it is very fast paced.The most enjoyable part of my job is caring for the elderly also working in a fast paced work environment.
Pros
working with the elderly
Cons
can be crazy at times
Great work environment
PTA, ADOR (Current Employee) –  Corry, PAAugust 22, 2016
I had the privilege of working alongside a very knowledgeable PT who challenged me and helped me grow as a PTA. My co-workers were hard working and we strived to provide quality patient center care.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor communication
fast paced and difficult work environment
Wing nurse (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAAugust 17, 2014
I learned a ton of useful information at this workplace. However the workload was overwhelming.
Enjoyed co-workers ,and residents.
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corry, PAApril 13, 2012
I did not really like working here. At the time the pay was not very good, and you had to work three weekends out of a month.
Pros
co-workers, residents, benefits.
Cons
don't get paid for lunch, and you get every third weekend off.