CORT Business Services Employee Reviews

Cort is a wonderful company to work for
Delivery Driver/Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2019
My experience at Cort has been very good and interesting, I would recommend this job to anyone. My training there was really helpful also, I never expected to learn so many skills that I can take with me in my daily life.
I don't recommend someone to work here.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 8, 2019
Coworkers are great to work with but management needs to be changed. They don't know what they're doing and they always blame the driver. Every time something goes wrong is the drivers fault never management or supervisor. Driver has too much responsibility for a little pay. You're not just a driver you also a supervisor in the helpers always get upset with the driver. Also have to watch it with the supervisors. The try to get you mad so you fist fight with them.
Pros
It's a fast-paced working environment. You will lose weight.
Cons
Watch your back.
Damaged body forever because of overworked
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAJanuary 4, 2019
Micro management work overload no life they dont listen to the workers run the hard workers into the ground i recommend if you work here to be lazy and keep mouth shut the lazy get rewarded
Pros
Cons
Management Pay work overload
Superb Delivery of Services
none (Current Employee) –  Nonesuch, KYOctober 27, 2018
CORT performs at a high level. When clients need rental furniture, we deliver! The Chicago based staff is dedicated to serving clients. As noted over the door: "Through Service All Things are Possible"
Pros
CORT Delivers
Great Place to work for.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
Cort Furniture is a great place to work for. I have a lot of free time, so I'm able to work an part-time job. I work Monday through Friday. I have weekends off. I usually work from 6:30 to 3:00 p.m.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
The employees need to be more reliable.
A comfortable, professional company
Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2018
CORT has a very professional yet comfortable management culture. They give good emphasis on appropriate training up front with ongoing support services to help the new hire. I enjoy an atmosphere free from micro-managing.
A Great Place to Work
Group Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2018
I work on the advertising team for Cort furniture rental retail stores in a 3-state area...Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma. I traveled to the retail stores to assist in ascertaining how effective the advertising
creative impacted walk in business. Even when working out of the regional corp office in Houston, I stayed in very close contact with my store managers to offer assistance to them and their sales staffs in whatever way possible.
Pros
Travel, creative opportunities
Cons
Travel
N/a
District General Manager - South Florida (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 25, 2018
Fair place to work with reasonable work life balance - training within the company leaves a lot to be desired. Poor management training at the district level.
I wouldnt recommend working at Cort as Warehouse personnel or driver
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 22, 2018
Long hours no work life balance, starting pay for team labor about $10, your back is vulnerable to injury due to lifting heavy furniture, have to meet delivery deadlines.
Cons
low paid
Billing/Collections
Billing/Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 16, 2018
Job is boring with not enough to do. Competitions among co-workers makes for a very stressful work environment. Manager is a nice guy... but out of touch.
Pros
Easy commute
Cons
Competitive, Stressful, Boring work with not enough work to do to keep busy.
Productive workplace
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAApril 8, 2018
A typical day at work was:
Reviewing fixed assets purchases, transfers and disposals, and entering these to the fixed assets system (FAS) for Book and Tax depreciation.
Reviewing depreciation reports and reconciling accounts relating to fixed assets
Preparing monthly reconciliation of several other balance sheet reports
Preparing monthly entries to expense accounts and performing review of monthly month-end entries
Preparing one state franchise and several city income taxes
Preparing monthly industry reports
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Long Hours
Great Place to work.
RESIDENTIAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCMarch 14, 2018
Great place to work. All the support and training you need to be successful in your role. Best in the industry and has a global foot print. Fair fun but busy work days.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
Bonus / Commission Structure
Fun job
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 2, 2018
Fun job with lots of involvement with the community. Great for someone new to an area. However, there isn't much opportunity for growth. CORT does an amazing job at sales training.
Pros
Perks, sales experience
Cons
pay
Great Company
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJanuary 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at CORT's corporate office. The office felt like a family. Great people, working conditions and pay. The only issue was there was no upward mobility as new positions did not open up. Many employees had worked at CORT well over 10 years.
Fun place to work
Regional Manager - Houston (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 11, 2018
I was the manager and could control my day.. Hired great employees and set profit and sales records. Left the company after transferring fro austin ..Management chain did not work out
Pros
Expense accounts
Outside Sales Rep more like inside sales rep position
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2017
Lots of field and drive time. Then you have to race into the showroom before or after. Can be distracting for your route visits. Also, inside sales support is supporting all aspects of the business not just the outside rep.
Management is bad.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 9, 2017
Management only cares about their bonuses, they bring in temps off the street who only care about a paycheck which makes your job 10x harder, the pay is horrible and the raises are laughable i.e. Managers bonuses are based off revenue vs expenses they cut any and every corner to cut cost.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Lugging furniture to 3rd floors, working with temps, low pay, little to no raise
An Interesting Experience
Sales Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 18, 2017
I was hired by the Las Vegas, NV office, which dealt strictly with both Tradeshow and Event furnishings. I originally started out as a Sales Coordinator III, to which I was expected to assist and enter in furniture orders for the Events side of the business. I found it difficult to pick up exactly what was needed in order to enter in the orders in the system used by the Events staff members, and often got frustrated. I was called into my direct manager's office on a few occasions, concerned that I could not truly comprehend the entering of orders and communication between the Events side and the clients. I was told on one specific time that unless I put more of an effort in learning this particular duty, I would possibly be terminated. It wasn't until I was approached by the Tradeshow side of the company that I understood the process of entering in orders for Tradeshows, not Events. It was easy, and I did learn how to process payments for orders, in addition to communicating with clients, via email or phone. What brought about my demise with the firm was that I was not mastering in contacting the warehouse each and every moment to verify if product was available. I had, and still have an extreme amount of honor and respect for my fellow coworker in the Tradeshow side of CORT, as well as the sales executive to whom I reported to. All in all, I did enjoy my time at CORT, but my initial manager was incapable of understanding my difficulties in working with the Events staff who provided furnishings for events, such as weddings, sports events, etc., in addition to a few Events employees  more... that for reasons that I don't and will probably never understand, did not get along with, which, makes me feel that no one had each others' back.  less
Pros
Excellent hourly rate and benefits.
Cons
Upper Management
Great place for team building and customer interaction
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 27, 2016
Schedule and load the trucks for the days deliveries.
How to use the bar code and scanner to track inventory.
Management was not always present for input and suggestions for store growth.
The coworkers workers a team and offered assistance when needed.
The hardest part of the job was trying to forecast future customers buying trends.
I loved the customer interaction.
Pros
Healthcare and Benefits
Cons
Management was not involved in daily store functions
horrible management , no advancement
N/A (Former Employee) –  AtlantaNovember 7, 2016
Bad management, poor quality furniture, bad atmosphere, they will use you and dump you. This is corporation , it does not care about its people , only what is best for the COMPANY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CORT Business Services. Our community is ready to answer.