Cortland Partners Employee Reviews

Poor enviroment, lack of staff. Intense demands unreasoable expectations
Community Director Senior Living (Former Employee) –  Lewisville TxOctober 16, 2018
Poor culture upper management revoving door. Be prepared for 12 hour days and lack of support from upper management. No work life balance, you are required to work from home and follow up on reviews within 12 hours. You will get emails from upper management till late at night.You have to forward date in systems everyday, even Sundays.
Cons
They will work you to death!
It was a great workplace
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaOctober 1, 2018
The company was a very good company to work at are competitive pay and great benefits. They had a good structural management also they did a lot of In-House training and they was very focused on helping residents and the community
spot on
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 29, 2018
love it here, didn't wanna leave, great place, lots to do, training for days, great company, does not disappoint, travel benefits, im done with this review.
Low quality company that pushes that they are “luxury”
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
They provide a bait and switch product. The work culture is political and kissup. CEO asks for last minute reports at closing- no family time. Don’t work here.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Corporate management just has no clue about what it takes to get the job done- at least right, high impossible expectations
Nice company, not so great pay
Valet trash services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
For the pay and for the fact that it is a part-time position, they need you to stay much longer than normal each day but not enough hours to warrant getting benefits.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Bad pay
Production with a splash of diversity
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 12, 2018
Managing and scheduling sub contractors to complete daily task.

Issuing and maintain Granite for each unit. Holding a relationship with the tenants and leasing staff as well as with the sub contractors. It amazing to learn where people are from and the path they took to get here.

The hardest part of this Job keeping contractors happy that don't get paid in a timely fashion.
Pros
meeting and dealing with differnt types of people daily.
Cons
The complany doesnt pay its contactors on a timely manner.
Love what you do and let it show!
Resident Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2018
Cortland has such a powerful presence when it comes to resident satisfaction and associate satisfaction. They take pride in finding new, innovative and cuttting-edge ideas to help them strive for more.
Pros
Amazing Culture
Cons
Reactive decision making
October 3, 2018

Hey there, fellow Cortlandian! We are ecstatic that you are part of the family and embracing our Core Values. Associates like you are what set Cortland apart, creating an unparalleled experience for both our residents and our associates. #CreatingValueForABetterLife

Senior Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 12, 2018
A large company that is always growing by buying properties. all over the united states.
employment opportunities from georgia to las vegas!
training programs kinda like a big brother program to help newcomers understand company core values
benefits
Cons
miscommunication
August 19, 2018

Hi there, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We are glad that you enjoy our Culture and Benefits, but see some opportunity for improvement. Remember we have an open door policy and would love to hear your ideas on ways we could improve. #GrowTogetherAndPlayAsATeam

Cortland, the Company
Assisstant Service Tech (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 11, 2018
I started working for Cortland about a year ago, and I can say that its been the best company that i have work for so far. The culture is growing and the managers give the notion that they care. I've learned a lot about the inner working of running a property because I am so close with my manager.. Hardest part of the job sometimes is working with so many different people and delivering the best customer service. Older people are hard to work with sometimes.
August 19, 2018

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! We are so glad to hear that your experience at Cortland has exceeded your expectations. We cannot wait to see where your Cortland Journey takes you next! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow

Productiveenviroment
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TX 75039August 8, 2018
A typical day at Cortland Partners is very exciting from meeting new sub contractors/ vendors to completing the task for the day. The culture is what drove me to them, and the management time are knowledgeable and fair when it comes to there co-workers
Pros
The benefits, Pto, salary
Cons
Non
August 19, 2018

Hello, thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We are so glad you are a part of our Cortland Family #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow

Outgoing, Competitive, Fun, Thriving
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
Cortland Partners was good to me. I had some of the best managers during my time as a leasing consultant with the company. I had to leave due to family matters, but I know I am always welcomed back! Great company to work for, they believe in standing out!
Pros
Fun and Competitive
Cons
Constant Changes
August 19, 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your experience with us! If things change for you, we would love to have you back in the Cortland Family. Good luck on your next adventure! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow

Great Company, if you like to work. Alot
Not today ISIS, you won't know me (Former Employee) –  Greater Atlanta AreaAugust 5, 2018
Cortland is a high paced environment. The Corporate team and Training are hands down some of the best I have ever seen. Don't worry about under training, there's alot of that. They are the industry leaders, and standard setters and breakers. With that being said, be prepared for a lot of after hours calls, emails, texts ect. You are dealing with people's homes and money. Lot's of reports and Corporate likes to push down more initiatives than onsite team can handle sometime. Be advised, not the best for family, but if you are single and want to show off your skill sets, then blast away! Good company, but be ready to work, even through the night or off the clock.
August 19, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience!
Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Productive and Fun
Lead Account Settlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2018
The average work day is busy but productive. The environment is usually relaxed with everyone having the mindset of getting the job done. There is not a hard part of working for Cortland.
Pros
Monday-Friday 1st. Shift
August 19, 2018

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! Your review means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Depending on who your supervisors are is what makes cortland a great company to work for
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Working for Cortland has been fun so far, however management sometimes just doesn't know hoe to help people grow and get promoted. You have to either come in with experience or buddy up with someone for a long time in order to be even considered for a raise. One guy even transfered and then they put him in a completely different position , and this is after he got a promotion for a specific job. Sounds manipulative to be quite honest.
Pros
Healthcare, compensation is competitive
Cons
Some individuals in talent resources and human resources
October 3, 2018

Hi there, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We are glad that you having fun already and enjoy our Culture and Benefits, but see some opportunity for improvement. Remember we have an open door policy, don't hesitate to share your feedback with your Manager or Area Operations Manager. We would love to hear your ideas on ways we could improve. #GrowTogetherAndPlayAsATeam

Depends on location
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 17, 2018
Your overall experience with cortlands partners really depends on what property your on. I was in Dunwoody at the time and even though the commute was long in the afternoon, it was not that bad. Couldn't get parts sometimes or vendors to show up. But more experience in self taught problem fixers. The overall workplace was ok, but not that best. Some people would help me pick up the grounds others, very rarely.
More or less par for the course
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2018
They pay about what the market average does. The properties are your standard B class properties. Some are pushing in the other direction but nothing out of the ordinary. It was a job. Nothing great to report and nothing terrible either. Advancement is hit or miss and you can move up quick then hit a ceiling unless you know the right people.
Pros
They paid well but has been scaled back
Cons
The moto and slogans used are more for marketing
Great Working Environment with great professionals to match
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJuly 13, 2018
Overall, i enjoyed my time with Cortland immensely. They provided me with the tools i needed to succeed when i was promoted to Project manager. The construction team is very knowledgeable and i would frequently bounce ideas off of them. I think working this closely with them allowed me to grow and acquire the necessary skills i needed for my trade.
Pros
Good mix of coworkers, subcontractors and working environment lends itself to a pleasant work experience.
Cons
extended work hours
Work in progress
annoymous (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 12, 2018
Cortland is a mix of emotions. Has great benefits package. Cortland doesn't find your personal life to be important. Very unorganized management. Promotes anyone with no experience, with onesite and how it runs. You always need to watch your back because you won't have any support when concerns are addressed.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Unorganzied
Hostile and Unwelcome
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2018
The job culture here is absolutely horrible. Management can't tell what one hand is doing from another and puts the blame from their faults on their employees. Even going so far as to make up stories, then they run to cooperate with their stories in which they believe. Severely under staffed since Cortland took over our property back in September and getting supplies is a struggle. If you value peace of mind and do not want to deal with a unprofessional, high school type environment, then simply do not waste your time with this company. They say you only get one chance to make a good first impression and unfortunately they have made a very bad one, both on staff and in their own community. The fact they have already gone through 3 construction crews and 5 members from operations in less than 9 months says it all. Not to mention, occupancy is in free fall.
Pros
comission and benefits
Cons
managment
Productive work place
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2018
Great job you are able to start a good future in if you put in the work but you do work a lot including a lot of weekends. Turn over is high. Take a lot and a few years to move up with the company but it is possible
August 19, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cortland Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.2Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight