Cortland Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
N/a
Administrative Director of Laboratory Services (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 6, 2018
I really enjoy working at Cortland Regional Medical Center, there is a real team environment. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

I love my job and the team I work with everyday. it is a joy to work here.
work atmosphere
position (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 19, 2018
This is the worst managed place I have ever worked. Hiring uneducated inexperienced people for management positions. It was actually ridiculous I laughed
Pros
A job could make a living.
Cons
Very poor management
Poor leadership
ICU Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2018
The leadership did not provide mentorship or guidance. They lacked support for anyone who did not want exactly what they. wanted. Expected managers to work on the floor or unit if staffing was short
Good place to work.
Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYApril 18, 2018
Fast paced job, good experience . It's a great starter job and would recommend to anyone looking thats just starting out. There is always something new everyday and they do just about everything there.
Okay
LPN (Current Employee) –  Misty GlenMarch 29, 2018
Have grown personally and medically with my career at CRMC. I've have become a very good nurse because of the time I've spent within the cortland regional medical center walls
Hosptial
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 27, 2018
Not the greatest place to work. Not understanding about family issues. Definitely needs some work. Management is ridiculous. Very low paid for all you do.
Great Place To Work
RN (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYDecember 27, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work. Patient safety comes first. Nice atmosphere; colleagues know each other by name. CRMC offers great benefits. Senior leadership emphasizes patient and employee safety.
Supportive and Caring Hospital
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYDecember 10, 2017
CRMC had a very team-oriented environment. I could count on co-workers and my unit manager to pitch in during busy times. The pay was equal to what other hospitals offer. The hardest part of the job was dealing with an old electronic medical record. The best part of the job was feeling like my opinion as a nurse was taken seriously by doctors and managers.
I worked here 11 years
Food and Nutrition Assistant Two (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYOctober 25, 2017
I worked here 11 years...I learned every job in the kitchen and most days would complete 2 or more of these jobs because most of the time we worked short or had to relieve people to do other jobs. The management rarely helped and usually made our jobs more difficult. At one time we were required to pull huge carts and hot units to the floors to serve which was supposed to improve on food scores which it did not. They went back to serving from downstairs. Very demanding job.
Pros
don"t have to do the same job everyday and annual raises
Cons
not alot of manangment support
A very pleasant place to work.
Staff, Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYAugust 1, 2017
Nursing staff were very friendly and were eager to implement my suggestions for better resident care. Residents were always ready for therapy. Dietary staff assisted in providing the food I requested for my evaluations.
Pros
nice people to work with
Cons
needed to leave early due to reduced productivity waiting for MD to sign orders for therapy.
No Team Work- Similar to highschool
Clinical (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 3, 2017
Unfortunately, several bad eggs remain after all the"downsizing." Some Mangers are wonderful but more than half are toxic, they hold themselves above everyone and rarely jump in. Communication among staff and management is a HUGE issue at CRMC.
Overall, this would be a good company to work for if they paid better
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMay 2, 2017
This company is big in my area. I started working there as a second LPN, and ended up being the head Nurse and the pay was terrible. So, unfortunately with no training, I left
Crmc
Echocardiographer (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 13, 2017
Good little hospital to work for. Most departments seem to have solid management since their change in 2016. They need to have more supervision of some of their sub departments.
Can be a good place to work . As long as you work in the rite department
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 7, 2017
Food and nutrition ....is a great place to work other than one of the supervisors. She is lazy..gets everyone else to do her work. She also treats everyone with great negatively. Looks down on them . She is the reson good employees leave that department.
Crmc can be either nice to work in or rough depending on who you work with.
Food and service Assistant/ pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYFebruary 6, 2017
Cortland regional in the food and nutrition dept can be stressful because you have to make sure everything is correct due to how sensitive people's diets or allergies are. Very detailed orientated. You can't really express yourself as an individual. Some managers are just rude. Others are really nice and easy to get along with.
Pharmacy is s good place to work in.
Great culture!
RN (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NY 13045January 13, 2017
Great culture of people. Highly recommend. Management listens to their employees concerns. Great working environment/team work! Pleasant coworkers.
Small hospital
Assisting patients (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYSeptember 1, 2016
My typical day here was assisting patients with their care and needs. This is a hospital that I began at right out of nursing school slow paced and was a very good learning experience for me. My co-workers weren't always the same as I was a floater here but the ones I did work at were very helpful.
Fantastic place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJune 13, 2016
Cortland regional is a small organization but with great attributes. Team work and managemnt were always willing to communicate and I always found every day to be different, exciting and challenging. I cannot say enough how much I loved working for CRMC. I learned great time management skills as well as learning some of the finer aspects of body language and different cultures and diversities. The hardest part of the job there were some of the sticks. NYS is suffering from a large Heroin epidemic and that proved to be a wee bit difficult sometimes.
Pros
Health insurance, employee retention, and great team work.
Cons
Some financial difficulties for CRMC had certain jobs and shifts being cut or shortened, therefore I had to work third shift a few times.
RCF Staff Educator/Evening Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 28, 2015
CRMC is part hospital with a SNF attached. It is a great place to work, with benefits that are comparable to other facilities. It is a small hospital and SNF which allows you to know most anybody.
I was challenged and encouraged to learn new skills.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
upward mobility not as forward thinking as other facilities
Registered Nurse
Float Nurse to ICU and Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NYJuly 19, 2015
I came to Cortland Regional Hospital to work closer to home. I was working on a Adult/Pediatric Med Surgical floor. I would have 8-10 patients to care for depending on the day. I was also asked to work 12-16 hr. days when the other staff may call off. The best part of my job was helping the patient get better and to send them home. I enjoyed the looks of gratitude especially from the elderly. It made me feel good about my job. I knee after a while that hospital nursing was a hard job on the body and I wanted to experience other parts of nursing.