Cortland Employee Reviews in Atlanta, GA

Great place to work!
ASST. PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 20, 2019
Cortland is a fantastic place to work day to day. They are a great company with strong values and try as much as they can to maintain and stay true to their core values. However, with recent changes to personnel, the company's future is currently shaky
Pros
great benefits
Cons
upper management doesn't know what it's doing
May 31, 2019

Hey, there! We’re so happy to hear that you love our core values as much as we do! These values drive the way we operate – and permeate every aspect of our company to drive our success. Our core values are the pillars that uphold our culture and our company. As we continue to grow, we need you to be an ambassador not only for Cortland, but also for our culture – so keep up the great work, Cortlandian! #GrowTogetherAndPlayAsATeam – Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations & Facilities

Non
Remodeling Crew (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 28, 2018
They working to slow,no material, job is not 100% warranty. I have to work more my workers need more hours and more job we like to hard, and we need to get really busy.
Pros
I need job
Cons
We ready
February 11, 2019

Hi, there! We wish your experience with us had lived up to your expectations. We appreciate you always being ready to work, and we wish you luck with your future endeavors! – Steve Mauro, VP of Construction Operations

It was a great workplace
Assistant Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta GeorgiaOctober 1, 2018
The company was a very good company to work at are competitive pay and great benefits. They had a good structural management also they did a lot of In-House training and they was very focused on helping residents and the community
February 11, 2019

Hey, there! Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts. You’re exactly right – we do offer competitive pay and best-in-class benefits as well as training to keep our associates at the top of their game. Focusing in the resident experience is a top priority for us, and taking care of our associates keeps them happy and motivated to create a one-of-a-kind living experience for our residents. #DoTheRightThingForTheRightReason – Ashley Gordon, VP of Talent Acquisition

Nice company, not so great pay
Valet trash services (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2018
For the pay and for the fact that it is a part-time position, they need you to stay much longer than normal each day but not enough hours to warrant getting benefits.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Bad pay
Outgoing, Competitive, Fun, Thriving
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
Cortland Partners was good to me. I had some of the best managers during my time as a leasing consultant with the company. I had to leave due to family matters, but I know I am always welcomed back! Great company to work for, they believe in standing out!
Pros
Fun and Competitive
Cons
Constant Changes

Comment – August 19, 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your experience with us! If things change for you, we would love to have you back in the Cortland Family. Good luck on your next adventure! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow

Great Company, if you like to work. Alot
Not today ISIS, you won't know me (Former Employee) –  Greater Atlanta AreaAugust 5, 2018
Cortland is a high paced environment. The Corporate team and Training are hands down some of the best I have ever seen. Don't worry about under training, there's alot of that. They are the industry leaders, and standard setters and breakers. With that being said, be prepared for a lot of after hours calls, emails, texts ect. You are dealing with people's homes and money. Lot's of reports and Corporate likes to push down more initiatives than onsite team can handle sometime. Be advised, not the best for family, but if you are single and want to show off your skill sets, then blast away! Good company, but be ready to work, even through the night or off the clock.

Comment – August 19, 2018

Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience!
Hello, thank you for sharing your positive experience!

Productive and Fun
Lead Account Settlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2018
The average work day is busy but productive. The environment is usually relaxed with everyone having the mindset of getting the job done. There is not a hard part of working for Cortland.
Pros
Monday-Friday 1st. Shift

Comment – August 19, 2018

Hello, we really appreciate your feedback! Your review means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

One of the BEST!
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
I left Cortland Partners twice. They gave me my first shot in property management. I'm forever grateful! They are one of the best. Great company. Go Cortland!
Pros
Salary, Company Culture, Over All GREAT company!
Cons
Overall.... I don't have anything bad to say about Cortlanda!
Great starter company but needs better management
Account Settlement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30326November 15, 2017
I loved working for Cortland. The only drawback is management does not recognize talent nor do they provide all tools to make you successful. The culture is the best thing about the company.
Pros
Culture is amazing
Cons
management lack managerial skills; lots of works
Alright place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 12, 2017
The best thing about working for Cortland was fellow employee"s. The property I worked on was run down and falling apart. It was hard and stressful to keep it maintained.
Excellent Culture and Top Talent
Senior Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2017
Cortland knows how to hire top talent! Great individuals to work alongside. Long hours are expected, but the company has a strong base of like-kind individuals who are hard working, autonomous, and passionate about exceeding expectations.
Great company
Data Integrity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Hired me without much experience and allowed me to learn a lot. Management allowed me to learn SQL, Python, ArcGIS, and many more on the job. Company is very relaxed and provides room for growth. The company also is pretty fun; they provide a lot of interactive activities during and out of work hours. I am thankful for the opportunity they provided me here.
Workplace culture
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
The culture is one of intimidation and bullying all in a certain Portfolio managed by a certain woman and the company ignores the complaints. She is not good for the culture or Brand
Pros
pay was good
Cons
depends on the portfolio if you are able to advance or not, if she doesn't like you or you don't feed her ego forget advancement
Productive and integral workplace for new technicians
Senior Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2017
The job requires people with integrity and professionalism, it is an enjoyable place to work because of the challenges that come with performing the daily task of fulfilling the work orders request from the customer and satisfaction of completing the job and knowing you did it well.
Fun Workplace full of opportunities
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Working with Cortland is awesome if your okay with high paced environments, egotistical managers and disloyal coworkers. My best experience had to have been the free will that cortland gives you to be your self and have genuine interactions with the residents. The hardest part of the job had to be the staff. There wasn't much team work or accountability.
Pros
Great Pay, Awesome Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Resident Services Consultant
Resident Service Consultant/Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2016
1. I work at a apartment community that has 1730 apartments.
2. I have started out as Leasing Consultant , then transitioned as a Resident Services Consultant.
3. Day to day work: In the morning I check the pending task in OneSite and check all the move ins and move outs. Then I follow up with all the move outs for that day and call them. I also check all the voicemails that has came in and follow up with them as well.
Then I check my email to see is there is any emails from resident/management.
When packages comes in, I log them in and send them a email as well. Throughout the day, when resident comes in, I listen to their needs.
Pros
Meeting new people, multi tasking is my most strongest, being able to move around, marketing, being creative, being able to work in a fast pace environment
Cons
I work too hard.
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
Loved the atmosphere is the office. Every employee has a great spirit and loving personality. I loved learning new things everyday, the hardest part of the job is the commute and traffic everyday, other then that its a great place to work.
Pros
Free breakfest
Cons
No cons
Terrible
Property Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2016
I worked as a contract employee in the accounting department several years ago. The assignment only lasted a few days, none there to train or show wanted needed to be done.
Great Company
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2016
Do your job and everything will be just fine. Do not fraternize with residents. Make sure you have a car to transport tools around property.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Working outside in all type of weather
Complete lack of integrity
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
If you want to work where there is a complete lack of integrity, lots of fraternizing, double standards, no concept of a team, not considering people's lives you mishandle everyday, then this is the right company for you. They have no HR department. They allow their friends to run their properties. They value friendships over hard work. They have a do as I say not as I do mentality. You will only keep your job by being a snake.
Pros
Cons
Double standards, lack of integrity, no concept of a team, placing a value on people with dollar signs, NO HR department

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cortland. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight