Cortland Employee Reviews for Community Manager

Supportive and well paid for the job
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 12, 2019
It’s nice to work for a company that sets you up for success without micromanaging you to death. Cortland is so proactive in their hiring process that they make the best hiring decisions upfront so there is less turnover. During new projects they understand the support that is needed and work to ensure you are properly staffed with the right tools. The culture is amazing and they really go the distance to provide a work/life balance all while creating a fun and friendly work environment. Most everyone at the CSC has worked on site and understands how challenging it can be to work where people live. They encourage, inspire and back their their employees up. Their commitment to excellence directly relates to your success as an employee and they understand this is how properties achieve their goals. Cortland Partners are all about the people;, residents ,employees and ownership and that is why they are among the best Management companies in the country.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, support, hiring great talent
Cons
Hiring process is a little long but proactively for the best
Official response from Cortland
April 22, 2019

Hello, Cortlandian! We’re beyond thrilled to hear that your associate experience has exceeded your expectations, and we’re so glad you’re a part of the Cortland family. You’re right – there are challenging moments, but as you mentioned, your peers and management are there to support you every step of the way. We’re all working together to revolutionize the multifamily industry, and we couldn’t do it without motivated, high-performing associates like you. Keep up the great work! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow – Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations and Facilities

Disappointed
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 22, 2018
Hi,
Company does not support staff. I have worked for this company twice and nothing has changed. Maybe a different region, but this region has a lot of ongoing problems
One of the BEST!
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2018
I left Cortland Partners twice. They gave me my first shot in property management. I'm forever grateful! They are one of the best. Great company. Go Cortland!
Pros
Salary, Company Culture, Over All GREAT company!
Cons
Overall.... I don't have anything bad to say about Cortlanda!
Workplace culture
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2017
The culture is one of intimidation and bullying all in a certain Portfolio managed by a certain woman and the company ignores the complaints. She is not good for the culture or Brand
Pros
pay was good
Cons
depends on the portfolio if you are able to advance or not, if she doesn't like you or you don't feed her ego forget advancement
Over the top
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 2, 2016
Loved the community, loved my staff, lets leave it at that. They claim to be there as your support but turns out if you put a complaint they retaliate and fire you.
Amazing Place
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 20, 2016
I cannot speak better about Cortland Partners. Just an overall and amazing company. All from the very top down have ben nothing but the best! I hope to continue to provide the customer service beyond.
Pros
Great Folks
Great Company
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Blacklick, OHAugust 22, 2016
Cortland Partners is a fantastic company with lots of advancement.
Cortland takes pride in their employees and looks for was to help them achieve their best qualities.
Cortland Partners
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Universal City, TXNovember 18, 2015
Great new company however miscommunication and lack of supervisory support was experienced. The work and life balance is not present and lack of guidance from your direct supervisor doesn't allow you to grow in areas that you're new within.

The team or staff was the most enjoyable part of the job

If you're looking for structure, this company is not for you. Be prepared to work everyday and have expectations with no guidance or support from your direct supervisors regardless if they communicate they're there to assist. I don't recommend.
Pros
Great commission structure
Cons
Lack of Area Manager Support or Guidance
productive and quality service oriented
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 19, 2015
Productive and quality service oriented property management company driven for customer satisfaction. Very attentive to employees and strive to make them successful at all levels.
Wonderful Company overall, could use some management skills
Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2015
No one in upper management will listen to the "little guy" in the industry. However, they are sure to send you a report about what needs improvement - ignoring your concerns you tried to bring to their attention before the improvement was needed. ie: report requests are sent same day with an expectation of completion within a very short period of time or by end of day. This usually happens daily, it more often than not is a report a senior management member is perfectly capable of retrieving on their own with the click of a button. Then you receive "coaching" on your performance to address low numbers and poor resident satisfaction caused by constantly running in circles to complete whatever report management feels it "needs within the hour."
Pros
The idea of Cortland is great. Benefits are reasonable.
Cons
Immediate management (Local, Area and Regional Level) Needs improvement
Awesome atmosphere
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 22, 2013
I have worked for Cortland Partners for about a year and I will always be a loyal employee. I love my job and I alway strive to do better everyday. Cortland has provided me the right tools to exceed and achieve bigger and better things. Happy employee will always show great performance and I am so proud to be part of Cortland Partners. We all strive to create value for a better life and we need awesome and knowledgable people to join our team to keep on achieving in our mission.
Pros
Great salary, promotions within the organization, all associates are equal, insurance benefits, and space to grow and learn.