Cortland Employee Reviews for Groundskeeper

Depending on who your supervisors are is what makes cortland a great company to work for
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2018
Working for Cortland has been fun so far, however management sometimes just doesn't know hoe to help people grow and get promoted. You have to either come in with experience or buddy up with someone for a long time in order to be even considered for a raise. One guy even transfered and then they put him in a completely different position , and this is after he got a promotion for a specific job. Sounds manipulative to be quite honest.
Pros
Healthcare, compensation is competitive
Cons
Some individuals in talent resources and human resources

Comment – October 3, 2018

Hi there, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We are glad that you having fun already and enjoy our Culture and Benefits, but see some opportunity for improvement. Remember we have an open door policy, don't hesitate to share your feedback with your Manager or Area Operations Manager. We would love to hear your ideas on ways we could improve. #GrowTogetherAndPlayAsATeam

Work in progress
Grounds Keeper/Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2017
Cortland is a mixed bag. It has awesome workers, a great benefits package, plenty of work hours, but management professionalism varies depending on location.
Pros
great hours
Cons
disorganization depending on specific managed property
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
Loved the atmosphere is the office. Every employee has a great spirit and loving personality. I loved learning new things everyday, the hardest part of the job is the commute and traffic everyday, other then that its a great place to work.
Pros
Free breakfest
Cons
No cons
Great Company
Groundskeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2016
Do your job and everything will be just fine. Do not fraternize with residents. Make sure you have a car to transport tools around property.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Working outside in all type of weather