Cortland Employee Reviews for Leasing Consultant

Great company , needs to focus on hiring better
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 11, 2019
great company in all . they just need to focus on hiring people who actually match and fit their company motto. Visited other Cortland properties that actually had great employees . Arrowhead Summit needs work.
Official response from Cortland
February 18, 2019

Hello! We have an extensive hiring process in place to ensure that the associates we hire embody our values and will continue to foster our culture. Our Talent Acquisition team works closely with candidates and hiring managers to find the best fit possible for each role. We don’t hire just anyone – we hire Cortlandians. We appreciate your feedback and wish you luck in your future endeavors! – Jeff Gardiner, Director of Operations

Like quick sand
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ohio City, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Before you know it you'll be swallowed alive along with this sinking ship. Promotions are part of a clique or friendship. Others are fired or pushed to quit with lillte reason. The renovations are shabby causing residents to be angry on a daily basis with staff. A unit is never ready for the move in date causing the new resident to be highly upset. It's a stressful situation daily. Not in line with fair housing laws
Pros
The residents
Cons
To many to list
Official response from Cortland
February 11, 2019

Hey, there! Since you took the time to share your thoughts, we’d like to take a moment to respond to your pain points. Regarding promotions, we can assure you that favoritism doesn’t play a factor in the decision to promote. That decision is made based on an associate’s demonstrated ability to succeed and thrive in their growing role. Furthermore, we understand that the renovation process can seem a little chaotic, and we promise that all materials used in the process were created in house, giving us unparalleled quality control. The satisfaction of our residents is important to us, which is why we work to create superior living spaces designed to inspire them to live a better life focused on what matters most to them. –Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations and Facilities

Outgoing, Competitive, Fun, Thriving
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
Cortland Partners was good to me. I had some of the best managers during my time as a leasing consultant with the company. I had to leave due to family matters, but I know I am always welcomed back! Great company to work for, they believe in standing out!
Pros
Fun and Competitive
Cons
Constant Changes

Comment – August 19, 2018

We appreciate your positive review about your experience with us! If things change for you, we would love to have you back in the Cortland Family. Good luck on your next adventure! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow

Don't waste your time
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 16, 2018
Management doesn't know what they are doing and are all over the place as far as renovations go. I wouldn't work for this company again and wouldn't recommend it for a tenant either.
Not a bad gig.
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 11, 2017
I enjoy the flexibility and competitive pay/ commission. Working at Cortland Partners will nurture your people skills which is a great skill to have if you're into sales, team building, or even looking to go as far as becoming a sales trainer. There are so many different personalities you would have to deal with as a leasing consultant, and so many residents needs. If you enjoy helping and serving people than this can be the job for you. The bonus is the competitive pay. Commission will always beat out an hourly offer for me.
Pros
Commission.
Cons
Work environment constantly changes, and you will have to adjust to new management often.
A Joke
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2017
Cortland needs to stop worrying about expanding and focus on their current properties. The renovation jobs are sloppy and rushed. There is no communication in the company (or at least they fail in their attempts to communicate)
Pros
pay
Cons
the people they hire and management
Great company to start working for in the multifamily housing industry
Leasing Consultant (Full Time) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28210May 30, 2017
Company is growing tremendously, allowing room for potential growth. Due to new company, management is new and implementing new things every time, which can be frustrating at times.
Cons
new company, constant change on management procedures.
A Company Striving to Go Far
Apartment Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 23, 2017
I had a great time working for Cortland, I was apart of the first team to manage their Austin property and we had a lot of learning experiences along the way.

Cortland's goal is to incorporate all services "in-house". This means all their renovations, construction, house keeping, valet waste, and their interior upgrades will all be provided by a Cortland team member. I loved what I learned about the company but waiting for other Austin properties to come up means there's hardly any room for job advancement.
Good
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 16, 2016
Working with Cortland Partners was great. The company is a fast developing company that invests a lot into their employees success.
Would not work here again
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 27, 2016
High turn over rate! The Corporate does not care for their lowest employees well-being and treatment, they are only concerned if it affects their paycheck. HR does a great job of pretending to help, until they can find a way to fire you or get you to quit with unacceptable working conditions
Fun Workplace full of opportunities
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Working with Cortland is awesome if your okay with high paced environments, egotistical managers and disloyal coworkers. My best experience had to have been the free will that cortland gives you to be your self and have genuine interactions with the residents. The hardest part of the job had to be the staff. There wasn't much team work or accountability.
Pros
Great Pay, Awesome Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
a lot of butt kissing needed to succeed
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 22, 2016
This company is full of people that don't know what on earth they're doing! Ask 4 people the same question regarding company procedures and you'll get 4 different answers. They expect you to work 24 hrs. a day, don't care about employees whatsoever. You have to befriend upper management and sugar coat things to be on their side. Worst company I've worked for!
Pros
commission
Cons
everything else
Great place to work! Wonderful culture!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 28, 2016
Learn a lot and at a fast pace! Wonderful culture throughout the whole company! Plenty of support if you are new to the business!
Complete lack of integrity
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
If you want to work where there is a complete lack of integrity, lots of fraternizing, double standards, no concept of a team, not considering people's lives you mishandle everyday, then this is the right company for you. They have no HR department. They allow their friends to run their properties. They value friendships over hard work. They have a do as I say not as I do mentality. You will only keep your job by being a snake.
Pros
Cons
Double standards, lack of integrity, no concept of a team, placing a value on people with dollar signs, NO HR department
Great benefits
LEASING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Great place to work! Lots of room to advance and learn. They have several training classes.**********************************
Pros
Great learning enviroment