Cortland Employee Reviews for Residence Manager

Unless you know someone you are stuck
Resident Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAMarch 12, 2019
They only promote based on popularity and not merit. Unless you already some someone that works here and they are higher up you will not move up! now if you worked for AIMCO you are set! every manager came from there and they all know each other.
Official response from Cortland
April 5, 2019

Hey, there. We were saddened to hear that your associate experience didn’t meet your expectations. Since you took the time to outline your pain points, we’d like to take the opportunity to respond. The claim that we promote based on popularity is simply untrue. Associates are promoted based on their hard work, dedication, and ability to grow as well as several other factors – none of which are based on popularity or favoritism. At Cortland, it’s truly not about who you know but rather about dedication to residents, sustained delivery of excellence, and a drive to improve oneself through continuous personal and professional development. #HaveTheCourageToBeBetter – Ashley Gordon, VP of Talent Acquisition

Love what you do and let it show!
Resident Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2018
Cortland has such a powerful presence when it comes to resident satisfaction and associate satisfaction. They take pride in finding new, innovative and cuttting-edge ideas to help them strive for more.
Pros
Amazing Culture
Cons
Reactive decision making

Comment – October 3, 2018

Hey there, fellow Cortlandian! We are ecstatic that you are part of the family and embracing our Core Values. Associates like you are what set Cortland apart, creating an unparalleled experience for both our residents and our associates. #CreatingValueForABetterLife

Great!
Resident Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 26, 2017
Love working here! It's truly an amazing place. They develop people and promote from within, there is nothing negative to say about Cortland. Love it!
*More than great company to work for*
Resident Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHOctober 22, 2016
If your looking into or have been offered a job with Cortland Partners TAKE IT! They are a newer and continuously expanding company that offers not only great benefits and good pay but they have a endless amount of places you can go when it comes to growth in the company. The support from corporate is unmatched. I truly love my job.The best part of my job is being able to work independently in a team environment and the close and personal relationship with everyone in the company. Positive and negative there is continuous change so if you come aboard be ready for the ride. No matter where you find yourself in Cortland Partners you have made a great choice enjoy the journey!