Cortland Employee Review

Loved the Culture
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAMay 24, 2017
I absolutely loved the culture of Cortland. However, be ready for the learning experience of your career! It could get tough, but worth it. You will have the support you need. Great bonus program for management. I left because of Health Insurance HSA, beneficial when is for the employee only, but not for a family, hopefully they change that soon.
Pros
the culture, the concept
Cons
Healthcare

Other Cortland Employee Reviews

Supportive and well paid for the job
Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 12, 2019
It’s nice to work for a company that sets you up for success without micromanaging you to death. Cortland is so proactive in their hiring process that they make the best hiring decisions upfront so there is less turnover. During new projects they understand the support that is needed and work to ensure you are properly staffed with the right tools. The culture is amazing and they really go the distance to provide a work/life balance all while creating a fun and friendly work environment. Most everyone at the CSC has worked on site and understands how challenging it can be to work where people live. They encourage, inspire and back their their employees up. Their commitment to excellence directly relates to your success as an employee and they understand this is how properties achieve their goals. Cortland Partners are all about the people;, residents ,employees and ownership and that is why they are among the best Management companies in the country.
Pros
Great pay, benefits, support, hiring great talent
Cons
Hiring process is a little long but proactively for the best
Official response from Cortland
April 22, 2019

Hello, Cortlandian! We’re beyond thrilled to hear that your associate experience has exceeded your expectations, and we’re so glad you’re a part of the Cortland family. You’re right – there are challenging moments, but as you mentioned, your peers and management are there to support you every step of the way. We’re all working together to revolutionize the multifamily industry, and we couldn’t do it without motivated, high-performing associates like you. Keep up the great work! #LoveWhatYouDoAndLetItShow – Jonathan Tucker, EVP of Operations and Facilities

Great company to work for.
ASSISTANT COMMUNITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 8, 2019
Overall it is a great company to work for. They provide you with all the training you need so you can be successful in your career. Everyone is very helpful and encouraging.
Official response from Cortland
April 12, 2019

Hi, there! We love hearing that your associate experience was nothing less than our Cortland best. You really hit the nail on the head – we are truly invested in our associates’ professional and personal development. We hope your experience at Cortland has served as a launch pad for your continued growth, and we wish you all the best with your future endeavors. Remember, once a Cortlandian, always a Cortlandian! - Ashley Gordo, VP of Talent Acquisition

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cortland. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight