Cortland

Cortland Employee Reviews

Loved the Culture
I absolutely loved the culture of Cortland. However, be ready for the learning experience of your career! It could get tough, but worth it. You will have the support you need. Great bonus program for management. I left because of Health Insurance HSA, beneficial when is for the employee only, but not for a family, hopefully they change that soon.
Pros
the culture, the concept
Cons
Healthcare
The residents are nice and helpful
I love talking to the older people they have so many stories and I am very helpful to there needs along with management and what needs to be done around the property .I can't complain very nice .
Great company
Hired me without much experience and allowed me to learn a lot. Management allowed me to learn SQL, Python, ArcGIS, and many more on the job. Company is very relaxed and provides room for growth. The company also is pretty fun; they provide a lot of interactive activities during and out of work hours. I am thankful for the opportunity they provided me here.
Workplace culture
The culture is one of intimidation and bullying all in a certain Portfolio managed by a certain woman and the company ignores the complaints. She is not good for the culture or Brand
Pros
pay was good
Cons
depends on the portfolio if you are able to advance or not, if she doesn't like you or you don't feed her ego forget advancement
Low pay, weak management, not a team environment
Was so excited to work with the company!

However , once I was in the position I realized how low paying and unorganized the company was.

I received ZERO training!

They promote a team environment from corporate down and there is no such thing. The property had many dangers that were not fixed, upper management was TOTALLY incompetent, and further up the chain was completely full of themselves and not in tune with the realities of what was going on with the property.

They do not provide you with the tools you need to do your job and do not appreciate you going the extra Mile for the residents and the company.

Never expect to get a "thank you" or "great job!

Hard work, low, low pay and lack of leadership
Pros
Most residents are wonderful
Cons
Unorganized, low pay, no training
Productive and integral workplace for new technicians
The job requires people with integrity and professionalism, it is an enjoyable place to work because of the challenges that come with performing the daily task of fulfilling the work orders request from the customer and satisfaction of completing the job and knowing you did it well.
A variety of work in a good work environment.
The company is growing with a lot of potential for career advancement. It is a great company if you are looking to advance in your career in the residential business, and don't mind being called out at all hours of the night during your on-call rotation. The management team is great to work for and they are very supportive of the staff.
Pros
Good benefits and growth opportunities
Cons
On-call for maintenance emergency hot line is out of control.
Productive and fast pace environment
The community I currently work at is currently undergoing renovations, and though it can be a challenge to lease as well as maintain our occupancy at a high level. The changes that Cortland had made and has committed to making has kept many residents happy. We have turned the previous negative comments of the community to a most upbeat and positive place to live and also work.
Good
Working with Cortland Partners was great. The company is a fast developing company that invests a lot into their employees success.
Cortland-Work VS. Life
Cortland doesn't find your personal life to be important. I understand that your job is important and you need to give 110%, but with Cortland, they want you there 24/7, literally. The "whatever it takes" saying is literally "whatever it takes" when it comes to Cortland. The upper management is very unorganized.
Pros
Pay
Cons
See above
Nice working environment
The day starts out with cleaning the grounds.I learned different type of computer system to work on.the company had great co-workers.I enjoyed the resident .
Pros
low pay low benfits
Cons
good work environment
Over the top
Loved the community, loved my staff, lets leave it at that. They claim to be there as your support but turns out if you put a complaint they retaliate and fire you.
Amazing Place
I cannot speak better about Cortland Partners. Just an overall and amazing company. All from the very top down have ben nothing but the best! I hope to continue to provide the customer service beyond.
Pros
Great Folks
Cons
Fantastic young company, with excellent growth potential!
Hands down, one of my favorite companies I've worked with. I have been promoted 3 times, so growth potential is outstanding for those who put forth the effort. This is a very fast paced company, and due to it's age, there are still some minor kinks. However, Cortland is like no other "Property Management/Real Estate Development" company out there. This place employees the best of the best, and not everyone makes the cut.

If you are looking for a company to grow with, and one that will value your opinion, and reward your hard work, this is the place for you!
Pros
Excellent growth potential, everyone has a voice, great pay
Cons
Health/dental benefits are not the greatest
*More than great company to work for*
If your looking into or have been offered a job with Cortland Partners TAKE IT! They are a newer and continuously expanding company that offers not only great benefits and good pay but they have a endless amount of places you can go when it comes to growth in the company. The support from corporate is unmatched. I truly love my job.The best part of my job is being able to work independently in a team environment and the close and personal relationship with everyone in the company. Positive and negative there is continuous change so if you come aboard be ready for the ride. No matter where you find yourself in Cortland Partners you have made a great choice enjoy the journey!
Would not work here again
High turn over rate! The Corporate does not care for their lowest employees well-being and treatment, they are only concerned if it affects their paycheck. HR does a great job of pretending to help, until they can find a way to fire you or get you to quit with unacceptable working conditions
Fun Workplace full of opportunities
Working with Cortland is awesome if your okay with high paced environments, egotistical managers and disloyal coworkers. My best experience had to have been the free will that cortland gives you to be your self and have genuine interactions with the residents. The hardest part of the job had to be the staff. There wasn't much team work or accountability.
Pros
Great Pay, Awesome Benefits
Cons
Work Environment
Great Company
Cortland Partners is a fantastic company with lots of advancement.
Cortland takes pride in their employees and looks for was to help them achieve their best qualities.
a lot of butt kissing needed to succeed
This company is full of people that don't know what on earth they're doing! Ask 4 people the same question regarding company procedures and you'll get 4 different answers. They expect you to work 24 hrs. a day, don't care about employees whatsoever. You have to befriend upper management and sugar coat things to be on their side. Worst company I've worked for!
Pros
commission
Cons
everything else
Resident Services Consultant
1. I work at a apartment community that has 1730 apartments.
2. I have started out as Leasing Consultant , then transitioned as a Resident Services Consultant.

3. Day to day work: In the morning I check the pending task in OneSite and check all the move ins and move outs. Then I follow up with all the move outs for that day and call them. I also check all the voicemails that has came in and follow up with them as well.

Then I check my email to see is there is any emails from resident/management.

When packages comes in, I log them in and send them a email as well. Throughout the day, when resident comes in, I listen to their needs.
Pros
Meeting new people, multi tasking is my most strongest, being able to move around, marketing, being creative, being able to work in a fast pace environment
Cons
I work too hard.
Loved the atmosphere is the office. Every employee has a great spirit and loving personality. I loved learning new things everyday, the hardest part of the job is the commute and traffic everyday, other then that its a great place to work.
Pros
Free breakfest
Cons
No cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cortland. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight