CorVel Corporation Employee Reviews

limited growth
BILL REVIEW ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Mnt Lake Park, MDApril 11, 2019
Experience and knowledge is not respected. limited growth opportunity. company focused only on productivity without considering complexity of work.

Pay is decent.
No positive review
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDApril 8, 2019
I don't have a positive review to give. The hardest part of the job I held at Corvel was that I was handcuffed with regards to the prospects in my territory that I was allowed to market to. The reason being was because of the sales rep in PA prior to me arriving was allowed to cold call on the large companies and municipalities in MD. Even after I was hired Senior management would not allow a warm transfer to me. This put a major strangle hold on my ability to hit quota and bonus.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Terrible benefits and Directionless management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 21, 2019
CorVel has the worst benefits I have ever experienced. One of the managers was planning a trip to Mexico to get her daughter's insulin. The statistics they use for clients are often fiction.
Pros
Loose environment
Cons
Discriminatory management
Management and staffing
Worker Compensation Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 21, 2019
CorVel Corporation can do a better job in retaining their employees. The management staff does not provide the upward mobility that should be provided to the employees that shows the dedication through their daily, weekly and yearly product.
Great Manager
Provider Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 19, 2019
Fasted paced have to really know and be familiar with ICD 9-10 codes CMS guidelines.Manager at the time was very professional and very helpful as well as my coworker.
Pros
friendly place to work for.
Cons
temporary job placement
Becomes like a second family...without you realizing it
PPO Network Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2019
I worked in multiple CorVel office locations over the course of 10 years starting out as receptionist and was moved up in position and pay raise within first 6 months. I finished my career with CorVel as a department manager. The majority of my time spent there was accompanied by encouraging, supportive and patient management, a "team-like" work environment and when good job was performed, it was recognized and rewarded handsomely (most times with a week long trip to Maui!😊). Additional outside training courses were offered when they became available and were pertinant to your current job role. Salary was competitive. Bonuses and commission could have been better. Other than that, LOVED it and proud to have CorVel listed on my resume!
Pros
Good job rewarded, and always casual fridays
Cons
Low commission % could have been negotiated higher
Not exactly the best
Intake Agent (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 1, 2019
Fast paced work environment, but overwhelming. Training is very helpful but long and drawn out. Almost completely artificially lighted causing a bit of depressive mood.
Pros
Trolly house available
Cons
Terrible shifts
Ok place.
Intake / Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Not a bad place. St one point was told raise free was on and was lied to. Not a whole lot of work so job security is not certain. Nice place and facilities but Management is sometimes hard to work for
Pros
Hours
no comment
Workers Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 8, 2019
after working there for 16 years new management came in and made everything terrible. It was all about them and no longer about the people who made corvel successful to begin with.
Had to relocate
Senior Medical Claims Analyst / Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 3, 2019
During that time I worked there we moved to NCfoe my husband’s jobs and I had to quit.
I wasn’t able to transfer as there were no offices to the location of transfer.
Pros
Helping others troubleshoot issues
Cons
Distance
No acknowledgment of the employees that go above and beyond
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 30, 2019
This company would rather hire from outside for leadership roles and place a large burden on the departments and co-leadership.
The compensation for the responsibility is severely lower than related companies in the same area. The HR department is the worst I have ever had to deal with. They are unethical and do not know how to resolve issues in a correct manner. I would not recommend anyone accept employment from Corvel or any of its divisions.
Pros
holidays and weekends off
Cons
salary, lack of promotion from within, Hr
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
A typical day at work was taking care of your workers comp claims that you receive and continual care of claimants you already have. Management was pretty good.
great place to work
Claims Specialist Washington & Oregon (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 25, 2019
great place to work, flexible schedule, good pay, excellent supervisors. growing company with a lot of potential. management seems to really listen to employees concerns.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay, excellent supervisors
Cons
awful benefits
Nice place to work
Medical Analysis Adjuster (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJJanuary 23, 2019
Corvel was a nice place to work that I enjoyed. It was challenging in that we had to probed callers to determine their eligibility. Pay wasn't that great but overall it was a good experience working there.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2019
The job was very stessful. Was looking forward to retirement. Management was very poor at the job. Customers were very disagreeable with you and you were offer yelled at and call bad names. They were constantly sending emails to help them with something and the phone is constantly ringing.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Management was very bad
Lack of training/orientation
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2019
There was no formal/structured training. I did not always feel I was heard by managers. I felt like my job was threatened rather than as if I was being coached when I made mistakes. Manager discussed my performance with my coworkers. EAP services were never discussed with me although it was obvious I was having a difficult time. I loved the job of field case management and the injured workers, physicians, nurses, and office staff members with whom I worked. This company should seriously address training practices.
Pros
Appreciation of injured workers, relationships/working with adjusters, physicians, office staff, excellent EMR, excellent IT service
Cons
Lack of training/orientation, Performance discussed with other case managers, Work more important than the people.
Corvel Review SUmmary
Workers Compensation Claim Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2018
Corvel does have good National accounts, plenty of training and room for advancement but is severely understaffed and supervisors are handling adjuster desks and workload
Pros
good accounts/plenty of training
Cons
healthcare, salary, under staffed
Claims system was cumbersome; supervisor was good
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2018
Enjoyed my experience, but no room for advancement in my location. Rapid growth without taking into account specific account needs. Good supervisor and manager.
Nice Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acton, MADecember 4, 2018
I like working at Corvel I worked 3 year. I was layoff due to lack of working in the company. I like working with the people I worked with and it was a nice company to work with.
Great work environment
Data Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 29, 2018
Friendly staff. Great company moral. The company made sure if training was needed to fulfill duties that the time was taken to do so. Holiday parties made work even better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CorVel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight