CorVel Corporation
52Below average
Here to help
Coronavirus update

CorVel Corporation Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA8 reviews
Great company for RN Case Manager, ability to work remotely, independence, difficult to come up with enough "billable hours" although working 50-60 hours per week to make reporting deadlines
Pros
remote work, independence, good salary
Cons
difficult to come up with enough "billable hours"
I Didnt like my time with the CorVel Corp. They expected too much out of you with little to no training on how they want things done. The office morale was intense and overall it was just not a good experience.
Very stressful on daily basis. Understaffed. Poor benefits. No incentive. Morale was very poor due to the constant short of staff and being over worked. Claim count was an average of 200 monthly for lost time adjusters. The most enjoyable part of the job was the Client and the employees.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Healthcare and poor managegment.
Human Resources needs to get involved and take action. This is by far the worst place to work.
I can’t be a part of a corporation who just blatantly does not care or respect their employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
I was routinely told by my supervisor that her 7 year old grandson could do my job. My supervisor was never willing to help when needed, but said I should work it out with my co-workers. We had a monthly incentive based on our log reports each month that would allow us to work from home 1 day per week. I always had a high score and earned my day each week. By doing so, my supervisor and manager (in a city 2hrs.away) blackballed me and began to make my life hard at work and harrassed me while working from home. So many people left that place while I was there. It was literally the worst place I ever worked. The manager was horrible to me and seemed like she always had a problem, no matter how well I performed my job. This was a salary position and this company would overwork all employees. I have so much more to say about this place and the terrible behavior of managers and supervisors, but maybe this can paint a picture. Don't work here; you'll regret it.
Pros
Mostly nice co-workers
Cons
Everything except a few co-workers
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Coming into our office you would think nobody was in just because of how quiet it is. I always bring my headphones to keep me awake. Minimal supervision. Limited interaction between management unless you are being given a task. No group events or incentives. Not even a carry in from time to time.
Pros
Consistent work load
Cons
Slow paced
This place is a place for mercenaries. Insurance adjusters between jobs. A stepping stone to get to your next real job. There is no HR department, no training, and no standard operating procedures. You pretty much show up they hand you a review packet you read it then they put you a computer. You have to be a self starter and learn as you go. If you can't adapt and learn on the fly you will fail. The job is very fast paced you need to show up ready to work every day or you will sink. Management is very poor. I've never been so micromanaged in my life. No room to breathe nor is there any light at the end of the tunnel. MCSIP needs to find a new 3rd party insurance company because CorVel is understaffed and over their heads. Job is very stressful and there's very much a "on your own" vibe. VERY high turnover rate. Coworkers were constantly thinking about leaving those that were still there were constantly applying to other jobs. Management was good at managing claims but wasn't good at managing people.
Pros
Co-workers, decent pay, job experience
Cons
Management, stressful, understaffed
This company does not care about it's employee's. There is a daily threat of termination. The husband of a long term employee became terminally ill. She had accumulated excessive sick and vacation time yet they denied her Family Leave (Claimed they did not have to provide because they were under the staffing level required to activate the program), the use of her sick and vacation time. They actually threatened her with termination for using sick and vacation time.

Not a company you want to work for long term. Turn over is great.
Pros
Excellent salary, nice co-workers
Cons
No Job security, Must Suck up