CorVel Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Boring and Disorganized
Capture Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJuly 12, 2018
This Company is very disorganized. When I started I had no documentation on how to do the job just my own notes that I took, then they were suppose to give me updated information which I never received it! Such a waste of my time! Lack of training and organizational skills. Very boring job
Its Cool
CAREER ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 11, 2018
I work in a standalone dept that works on a special contract so the work environment is atypical but i is cool for what it is. There isn't much room for advancement within this company with the work that we do but overall career growth is certainly possible within our field.
Pros
Great work team and environment
Cons
Clocking in and out is annoying
Potential to work from home
Nurse Case Manager I (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 7, 2018
No budget for employee development
Management is green
Zero transparency
Hard to contact payroll
Hard to contact HR
Adjuster are nice to work with
Nurses are nice to work with
Pros
Occasional work from home
Would never recommend this company
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYJuly 6, 2018
Manager tells you one thing the Branch Manager says another. Unprofessional branch manager. No consistent workflow. Constant changes. Can work from home but then you can’t. Horrible salary. Pay far below market value and not with cost of living on Long Island. No real paid time off. It’s a joke! Benefits are expensive and horrible. As fast as I started, I left! Very high turnover. Do not waste your time !
Pros
Cons
Salary, vacation time, management
Typitcal day at CorVel
Telephonic Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 4, 2018
I worked along side of the nurses requesting medical records and entering information in the system regarding their workers compensation injury. I also had to set up their first notice of injury doctor appointment. It was a faced paced environment and I was always busy. Management was very approachable and accommodating to my needs. The job was not hard, and I learned a lot about the medical terminology. The most enjoyable part of the day was talking to the injured workers and having a sense of accomplishment knowing I was able to help them with their medical needs.
Pros
The location, on site training and was able to work on your own.
Very poor place to work
Medical Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 30, 2018
I was hired in September and let go in Feb. 600 workcomp jobs are open in the state of Kansas and I was hired to help close these open case fills. Company was poorly run and short staffed.
Home based
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 30, 2018
home based work3
management could be more approachable
benefits could be better
vacation time and sick time accrual not great
working at home is the best part of the job
Horrible environment
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 27, 2018
I wouldn't suggest anyone apply for this company. Management is absolutely terrible. Micromanaged like crazy. Can barely breathe with all the work that is loaded on you.
Great place to work but sometimes demand to bill is too much
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 26, 2018
This place can be hard to keep up with. The encourage everyone to bill as much as possible for their services and it's stressful, taking away the focus from the work you do with clients.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
You will have to work really hard to keep up
Corvel Corp
Assisting credentialing specialists (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 22, 2018
Corvel was a horrible place to work. I worked there for a year and was not allowed to advance or move to another department. I did receive a raise and it was 2%. This company has horrible work ethics and even worse practices
Not a good company
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAJune 21, 2018
This company is disorganized and management is severely lacking. They are constantly short staffed in the claims department causing a larger work load for the employees that they do manage to keep.
Promote employees with organization
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 20, 2018
Corvel is a great company . Lack of communication, training is not good, employees moral very low. Management needs more training and hands on tools to be more effective in the work comp environment. If you looking for a job and new the work comp industry this would be a good fit to start in this position. If you are very experience in Coding , and billing look else where to get paid for your services. Benefits could be better. Corvel needs to value all employees and trust them to do the best job in this field.
Pros
Benefits not good, Employees need motivation, Over time no time to enjoy your family on weekends.
Productive not a good place to work
Med Check Analyst (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66210June 16, 2018
Changes, changes, changes nothing never in order. Came with lots of experience and knowledge, nothing was truly learned and the little training was from other co-workers that knew less than what you did. Management needs to be up rooted no real knowledge of how office workplace should be conducted, you have more favorite people than you do a "TEAM". Nothing truly hard about the job, best part is the flex time.
Pros
Goodies sometimes
Cons
short breaks
To meet the goals established at the beginning of each year.
Network Developer (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYJune 16, 2018
As a remote employee, needed to meet the goals established at the beginning of each year. These goals were to ensure compliance with NYS Workers' Compensation specialty requirements by county, meet the Top 50 goals, assist with errors in claims reimbursements, maintain accurate provider directory for client look-ups, and work closely with other members of the department to process applicant applications as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to increase our network. Attended weekly as well as monthly network development meetings nationally.
Up until change in upper management stormed in and turn the place upside down I felt I would have stayed with them until the sun stopped Shining t
Medical Bill Review Analyst/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 8, 2018
I started working for corvel in 2004 and left under duress until they closed their doors December of 2015. When incompetent and two faced people came in and took over running this business in Fort Worth it seems everything went belly-up. There was an incredible amount of favoritism clicks and a total disregard for those that had been good responsible Dependable employees. The rug was pulled out from under very many of us
Pros
My hours
Cons
New upper management
Temp Position
Claims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMay 30, 2018
When working with CorVel i was on an actual assignment through a temp service. The position was nice and very fast paced. Learned new skills as a claims coordinator.
Beware
Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 8, 2018
Benefits are expensive and do not cover much ....plus they wait to give you the rates AFTER you start. My training was unorganized and below average. Management members embarass you in front of other team members and/or yell and throw tantrums. High school atmosphere and everyone is looking for a better job but management is in denial about it. Morale is the lowest I have EVER seen. Can not speak your mind or tell the truth without repercussion. Outdated and ineffective workflows. Does not have a true sense of reality or the industry as they are stuck in their own mindset and not open to suggestions of improvement. Basically you have to say what they want to hear or life becomes unpleasant. All the above results in high turnover!
Pros
Coworkers as there are some really good people .
Cons
Basically everything unless you just want a paycheck.
Great management but heavy workload
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 30, 2018
Work comp case management can be stressful. Once you get the hang of working with "billable hours" extra money is easily earned but it is a very time consuming job. I was able to work from home and CorVel supplied me with all needed equipment. Case load was heavy, having up to 24 clients at a time. Management was quite helpful throughout my time here,
Repetative workday
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 25, 2018
Overall was an acceptable place to work,
No room for advancement.
Stressful month end process
Benefits not worth the money
Not enough workplace balance
Pros
Was close to home
Cons
Benefits were expensive
Potential to be a great place
Claim Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2018
Overall this place could be a great place to work. Unfortunately their benefits are not at all competitive and are very expensive. They offer the lowest salary they can. It is clear they are more worried about saving money than providing a competitive pay/benefit package for their employees. They do not post open positions but rather will seek temp-to-hire agencies to fill positions.

Overall Management/Supervisors are easy to work with however they need to work on problem-solving solutions for issues that routinely come up.

If the office is fully staffed, the work load is manageable They need to improve their staff training for new hires.

The most enjoyable part of the job is we are encouraged to attend vendor events. Management occasionally will provide group lunches. They do provide training and promote from within.
Pros
flexible full time schedule
Cons
expensive/poor benefit package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CorVel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight