CorVel Corporation Employee Reviews

Ok place.
Intake / Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 14, 2019
Not a bad place. St one point was told raise free was on and was lied to. Not a whole lot of work so job security is not certain. Nice place and facilities but Management is sometimes hard to work for
Pros
Hours
no comment
Workers Compensation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 8, 2019
after working there for 16 years new management came in and made everything terrible. It was all about them and no longer about the people who made corvel successful to begin with.
Had to relocate
Senior Medical Claims Analyst / Negotiator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INFebruary 3, 2019
During that time I worked there we moved to NCfoe my husband’s jobs and I had to quit.
I wasn’t able to transfer as there were no offices to the location of transfer.
Pros
Helping others troubleshoot issues
Cons
Distance
No acknowledgment of the employees that go above and beyond
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 30, 2019
This company would rather hire from outside for leadership roles and place a large burden on the departments and co-leadership.
The compensation for the responsibility is severely lower than related companies in the same area. The HR department is the worst I have ever had to deal with. They are unethical and do not know how to resolve issues in a correct manner. I would not recommend anyone accept employment from Corvel or any of its divisions.
Pros
holidays and weekends off
Cons
salary, lack of promotion from within, Hr
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2019
A typical day at work was taking care of your workers comp claims that you receive and continual care of claimants you already have. Management was pretty good.
great place to work
Claims Specialist Washington & Oregon (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 25, 2019
great place to work, flexible schedule, good pay, excellent supervisors. growing company with a lot of potential. management seems to really listen to employees concerns.
Pros
flexible schedule, good pay, excellent supervisors
Cons
awful benefits
Nice place to work
Medical Analysis Adjuster (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJJanuary 23, 2019
Corvel was a nice place to work that I enjoyed. It was challenging in that we had to probed callers to determine their eligibility. Pay wasn't that great but overall it was a good experience working there.
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Pay
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2019
The job was very stessful. Was looking forward to retirement. Management was very poor at the job. Customers were very disagreeable with you and you were offer yelled at and call bad names. They were constantly sending emails to help them with something and the phone is constantly ringing.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Management was very bad
Lack of training/orientation
Medical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 17, 2019
There was no formal/structured training. I did not always feel I was heard by managers. I felt like my job was threatened rather than as if I was being coached when I made mistakes. Manager discussed my performance with my coworkers. EAP services were never discussed with me although it was obvious I was having a difficult time. I loved the job of field case management and the injured workers, physicians, nurses, and office staff members with whom I worked. This company should seriously address training practices.
Pros
Appreciation of injured workers, relationships/working with adjusters, physicians, office staff, excellent EMR, excellent IT service
Cons
Lack of training/orientation, Performance discussed with other case managers, Work more important than the people.
Corvel Review SUmmary
Workers Compensation Claim Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 21, 2018
Corvel does have good National accounts, plenty of training and room for advancement but is severely understaffed and supervisors are handling adjuster desks and workload
Pros
good accounts/plenty of training
Cons
healthcare, salary, under staffed

Want to know more about CorVel Corporation?

Ask a question
Claims system was cumbersome; supervisor was good
Senior Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 18, 2018
Enjoyed my experience, but no room for advancement in my location. Rapid growth without taking into account specific account needs. Good supervisor and manager.
Nice Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Acton, MADecember 4, 2018
I like working at Corvel I worked 3 year. I was layoff due to lack of working in the company. I like working with the people I worked with and it was a nice company to work with.
Great work environment
Data Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore County, MDNovember 29, 2018
Friendly staff. Great company moral. The company made sure if training was needed to fulfill duties that the time was taken to do so. Holiday parties made work even better.
Work/Life Balance non existant
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILNovember 22, 2018
I've worked at this company 15 years, Salary capped, yearly increased capped, benefits have always been horrible, 401 no match (maybe a few bucks once a year), management has an "open door policy" but they don't, must work the whole day Christmas Eve if you can't take it off, work from home people get to stay home when weather is bad, but in office have to use vacation if kids schools are closed, training is horrible with expectations high, treat admin staff and lower claims adjusters like second class citizens, people are treated differently (you are a good worker, you will get the biggest case load and no incentives). The more you do, the more they will take advantage of you. You have to take a half day vacation if you need to go to a MD appointment, etc., there is no flexibility.
Pros
There is a gym in the building.
Cons
I could go on forever.
Productive work enviornment
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HINovember 21, 2018
I loved working with CorVel Corporation, until things took a turn for the worse, when I went into labor 2 month early not knowing my baby would be diagnosed with 2 rare types of disabilities. My Branch Manager encouraged me through everything. She was the best Boss I have ever had.
Pros
Good teaching
Cons
Awesome benefits and Career advancements
Nightmare
Claim Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 12, 2018
Human Resources needs to get involved and take action. This is by far the worst place to work.
I can’t be a part of a corporation who just blatantly does not care or respect their employees.
Pros
Co-workers
Nothing special
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 11, 2018
Typical mid-sized tech based company. Nothing special. Not much room for advancement. Low pay and very minimal benefits - max vacation is 3 weeks/year and only 7 paid holidays
Pros
location
benefits
Stressful under new management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 4, 2018
I have truly enjoyed my employment at CorVel Corporation. Current management has made the workplace very stressful for employees. I feel inappropriate changes have been made causing employees to feel uneasy in the workplace.
Management likes to micro manage, they talk about the employees in the office as if you can’t hear through the walls
Worker's Comp Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2018
Worse company to work for.. branch managers are petty, back stabbbing and thrive on talking about other employees. They will call up to 10 times per day to micro manage.
Pros
Nice co workers
Overall a good place
Administrative Assistant / Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 30, 2018
Great place to advance in your career. Always opportunities for growth. Classes offered and paid for by the company. A little favoritism, and unfair hiring process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CorVel Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight