Cosentinos Food Stores Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
No direction and no real leadership
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 3, 2018
Its difficult to assess the company without mentioning it tries to operate a 30+ unit company like a small business, There is very little consistency between stores and the compnay policies are not enforced at a corporate level. There is a disconnect between the corporate leadership team and the store level leadership team.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of staffing, little training
Fun fast paced work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  PLEASANT HILL MOOctober 29, 2017
They provided you with being entered into the union they have inconsistent svhelduling though no communication...Fun fast paced work environment...Hard time keeping employees
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Need more employees
Great place to work busy but alot of fun.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Raymore, MOAugust 29, 2017
Working at Cosentinos food store was a different experience for me.
I enjoyed my co-workers and customers. Everyone from the manager to my fellow workers in the deli are very wonderful people.
Pharmacy.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJune 4, 2017
I worked with s manager that called in the majority of the week or needed days off. I was scheduled for the days that is ssid I couldn't work. Most of the work and problems fell back on the Staff Pharmacist which caused more of a stressful environment-they were always laughing about who they had ran off. Management either didn't care or looked the other way. It would be an ideal place to work if the Pharmacy Manager had taken her work seriously had actually been there and put a stop to the behavior of a couple of people that seemed to enjoy belittling and running them off. Management knew there was a problem and could have fixed it.
Pros
Kept busy, strengthened my skills.
Cons
Absent Pharmacy Manager.
great atmosphere with respectable employees and employers
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Platte City, MOApril 11, 2017
Typical workday included clocking in, then assisting your fellow employees and also aiding any customers who needed questions answered concerning our products in the cases displayed in the deli or if they wished to purchase any items from our department.I learned about the right way to assist customers to give them the best experience possible so as to draw them back to our department and become regular customers.The hardest part of the job as probably working the night shifts on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the dishes that were placed in the cold cases in the customer area.
Pros
good lunch breaks and wonderful people to work with.
Cons
Dealing with lots of cranking and picky people
KC hometown grocery store
Sacker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO and KSNovember 29, 2016
Its Kansas City's hometown homegrown grocer and you get to look very professional in your own shirt and tie instead of a lame uniform
Cosentinos is also a big supporters of our local sport teams college and pro sports