Cosi Employee Reviews

productive
Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
working at cosi was a rel experience for me by making different kinds of coffee and the people was amazing they made me feel comfortable. i would not mind going back to work for cosi
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
stressful
Shift Leader/ Barista/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 6, 2018
this place is always understaffed. one person is always doing more than one task and has more than one title. the pay is horrible for the amount of work you do.
Cosi
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2018
Cosi has changed for the worse. It is not a good environment to work in. Poorly managed and not payed enough/ scarce hours given. I used to enjoy working there.
Small chain
Oven Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Newtown, PAMarch 4, 2018
Overall not the best experience had duties in food prep and sandwich making company has since closed the location that I worked at this was a small pri
Vately owned chain
Workplace
Cashier and Ovenline (Former Employee) –  Mount Kisco, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Cosi is a very fast pace restaurant. The stuff are friendly and very outgoing. They always make sure sure everyone including the guest are welcome the moment they set foot into our doors. I worked with so many managers for the past 3 years I did learned so much from each one of them. I learned to be more responsible with taking care of catering and my stuff. As well I learned to think very quick when an issue appears and make sure the guest are always happy.
Pros
Free food for management
Cons
short on staff
Routine but easy
Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 16, 2018
I didn't enjoy my time there but who would? I enjoyed the people I worked with except the manager. The food was fine and I usually got free food, which was a bonus. Overall, it was an easy part-time job in college.
The management
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
I do not like how the company is managed at all. I am not satisfied with how they "care" for their partners. I am ready to go because I am not even treated how I should be.
Pros
half off all products for employees
Cons
short breaks/ overworked
Cosi
CALL CENTER ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
I've worked there for a little under a year now and I average about 25 hours a week. I've applied for numerous full-time positions and never been able to advance to receive FT benefits.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not able to advance, glass ceiling comes quickly.
The work environment is great and they truly put customers first
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  461 Park ave southFebruary 4, 2018
I think this is a great place to work or even come here for a meal any time of the day. The food is amazing and the workers care about what they are serving.
Mostly Lunch
Barista (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYFebruary 2, 2018
I usually work during the lunch time and how busy it can get can be determined by the time of year or weather outside. Some days it can be slow, other days it can be busy. A typical day for me is taking orders and taking the food out to where the customers are seated. Another aspect of my job is that I handle a majority of the catering deliveries. I like this aspect the most because it gets me out into the surrounding communities and Suffolk County and meeting more people.
its productive and a new experience
Probation Drug Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 1, 2018
its a nice place to work, its something new to learn and new techniques on how to accomplish your goals at work and working with the people and providing great customer service
Very fast paced, unfriendly environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 17, 2018
I work ovenline and dishwasher and they over work me with little pay. My shift is night start from 5pm to 11pm. No pay holiday. Pay every two weeks not good
Pros
Free water
Cons
Horrible management
mehhh
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
good part time job while your in school by as full time the pay isn't enough. slowly but surely will realize the the your doing too much and the pay isn't worth it.
a day a cosi
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Larchmont, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Allows room to grow in company but it just offers more responsibility with low pay
Not flexible with hours and days
management is not run professionally
a normal job
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay
Unclean working conditions, Unfun environment.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Glen Mills, PADecember 17, 2017
The work environment is either too slow or too quick. It was improperly managed. Cleanliness was not a priority. Its been years since I held this job and to this day I still warn people not to eat there and do not eat there myself. Do not recommend.
Pros
Smoke breaks
Cons
Unsanitary work conditions, stressful environment.
Overall review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 15, 2017
I enjoyed my worked experience at Cosi. It was exciting to learn different tasks. I met people from all over the world. I had the experience to work next door to white house.
Pros
Meeting New people from all of the United States
ok
Barista / Cook / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 4, 2017
The job itself was ok, although management was on constant rotation, changing every few months which made it difficult to get into any type of pattern.
Excellent place to work
Head Baker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2017
In charge of baking bread for the day. I learned how to deal with customers on every level. management was great. The workplace is clean and neat. their is nothing hard about the job. the A/C is the best part about the job.
standards are bad
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
i wish not to put in put on this company. It wasn't the beast place to work or eat. over sale and under deliver!!! will be happy to talk about it, in interviews
Fast pace hard work ok hours
Chef/ Cashier/Dishwasher/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2017
I would work oven line. I would come and work lunch rush then spend the other 6 hours cleaning and serving guest and then prepare to close store. The harder you work the more duties you get with no raises or bonuses. It is a good job for a college student with a set schedule.
Pros
Fast pace at times
Cons
un paid breaks and no benifits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosi. Our community is ready to answer.