Cosi Employee Reviews

Be ready for change happening over night!!!
Barista/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2018
Cosi was one of my first job and I became a cashier and the training was excellent. They prepare me for the crazy lunch rush hour and the customer that was not welcoming. However the communication can be work on and give recognize the great work the employee are doing. Crazy part I am willing to go back to work for them.
Pros
Positive energy and team work!
Cons
Communication
Barista/Ovenline (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Cosi Restaurant is a nice place to learn about food customer service and beverages. The staff and management team are nice and we all try and work together
Very mentally damaging with not chance to move up through the company.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PANovember 9, 2018
I would never recommend this company. Upper management has been fired for no reason. GMs fires with no documentation. Poor overall company food safety standards.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor healthcare opportunities, no bonus available, poor upper management
Not established
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2018
The organization itself is great. However, the culture of competitiveness has affected how the team interacts. The reactions of a mistake as simple as it may be is coded and explained to everyone.
Pros
Great benefits and known company
Cons
Need a more united team work
it is a very paced environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  521 washinton blv jersey city new jerseyOctober 11, 2018
although it was fast paced the employers weren't treated fairly and the management wasn't well balanced this job is more less for someone going to school and looking for a way to get by not to grow
Pros
discounts flexable scuedule
Cons
to much stress little pay poor mangement
cosi was the best job i had
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 10, 2018
Cosi was like a second family i loved the people i work with we mad sure we had one another's back an helped were ever it was needed. Working at cosi it helped a lot with my building skills an working as a team. the management was nice an up lifting an they made sure we were ready for the whole day.The hardest part was getting chewed out buy costomer's. But i had it all under control an fixed what ever they needed
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
you must love working with food in a fast pased inviorment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2018
The Company still needs to continue to work with the staff and create an Environment that also works with employee life outside of work . I felt trying to schedule vacation time 3 months ahead of time or scheduling a doctors visit 3 months in advance was far too long to determine if you would be sick..
Pros
discounted lunch's
Cons
difficult to take vacation or sick time 90 day notification needed
Love it here wish they stayed Cosi’s
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 21, 2018
Would definitely go back if was turned back into Cosi’s it was my first job I stayed at for over five years it was on a college campus so we had spring break and winter break when the students did
Cosi
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fox Point, WISeptember 12, 2018
Not a good place to work. Super super bad place to work. Dont work here. Let me help you, do not work here. Save yourself. Horrible management. Go elsewhere!
Worst job ever in my life
Team Member/ Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 7, 2018
Do not go there please there cheap and don't care about the staff nobody cleans the food is so and not edibale the staff were always rude to customers
Pros
Cons
That place is dirty
Low-level management makes the operation successful
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Guest RelationsSeptember 6, 2018
When you get to know how COSI really operates. You come to find out that the lower-level workers are the ones that make the company successful. They do this through their cohesive relationships with fellow employees, flexibility, intelligence and all around experience.
Part time Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 23, 2018
Part time job no incentives, no promotions easy. Bad management. Pay is terrible. Food is decent however overpriced. Wouldn't do that again and wouldn't recommend it to other.
Greay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2018
Great job and working experience while working at cosi. Management treated employees very well. Very flexible with your schedule would recommend to anyone.
Good company
Catering Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cosi. Friendly people in the company. Room for growth. New positive management rebuilding the company. I worked for Cosi for 2 years and a half now
it wasnt what i expected
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
when work went down hey cut hours but only for the part-time people they were not fair, when working thre i didnt get unifirm because i was bigger then ans 2xl, they laughed and said they ddnt hsve my size so just wear all black , in my unifirs i didnt have anything that represented cosi.
Pros
staff at night shift
Cons
hours ans salary
Stressful, Unorganized
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAAugust 16, 2018
A typical Cosi work day for me, included questions on whether or not I was going to have enough staff for my shift, as well as whether or not we had the required food/drink items and supplies. Management was very lax, and I was often left short staffed. The hardest part of the job was making sure I was going to have enough staff to ensure every aspect of the restaurant would be covered. The most enjoyable part of the job was the loyalty of some of my regular customers, and the loyalty to some of the staff working under me.
Pros
Free Lunches/Dinners, Location
Cons
Management, Short Staffing
Fun Place
Ovenline and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
Working at Cosi was an experience because you got to make the food from scratch in front of customers and also talk to people from different parts of the world.
Pros
Discount of food
Cons
Lack of hours
Productive okay work place
Ovenline-Catering (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
The job was sometimes easy but than hard at the same time. However very fun.
I learned how to make some good coffee which I barely knew before and also how to prepare beverages.
The managers worked with me pretty well. Made sure we had everything we needed and got out on time. They only asked sometimes if we wanted to stay a bit longer for the extra help which I was always up for.
The co workers worked as a team and always corrected me if they seen me do something incorrect. Also very friendly.
The hardest part of the job was rush hour. There was always a HUGE mess of sandwiches everywhere, also coffee. Thats from everyone trying to make sure things were done fast so customers left the store satisfied. To me yes it was hard but fun.
My most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer gave me a compliment. I love to make sure their needs are met. It would make my day.
cool
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
great environment for a first time job, family fun,chill, busy best part is you get a free meal per your shift that you are schedule to work, works with your availability provided
Fun, fast paced, friendly.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
While working at cosi i would normally be a cook. I worked on both sandwich and salad side. On th weekend i was a cashier. I liked management except for my general manager. He took all of my hours and gave them to the people he favored. I worked downtown so it would be a lot of tourist, business people, school kids, all different types of people coming in a lot. It was kind of difficult because a lot of the tourist dont speak fluent english and i had no idea what they wanted. But i also loved it because i would see so many different things and people. I really enjoyed working there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosi. Our community is ready to answer.