Cosi Employee Reviews

Cosi
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fox Point, WISeptember 12, 2018
Not a good place to work. Super super bad place to work. Dont work here. Let me help you, do not work here. Save yourself. Horrible management. Go elsewhere!
Worst job ever in my life
Team Member/ Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 7, 2018
Do not go there please there cheap and don't care about the staff nobody cleans the food is so and not edibale the staff were always rude to customers
Pros
Cons
That place is dirty
Low-level management makes the operation successful
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Guest RelationsSeptember 6, 2018
When you get to know how COSI really operates. You come to find out that the lower-level workers are the ones that make the company successful. They do this through their cohesive relationships with fellow employees, flexibility, intelligence and all around experience.
Part time Job
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 23, 2018
Part time job no incentives, no promotions easy. Bad management. Pay is terrible. Food is decent however overpriced. Wouldn't do that again and wouldn't recommend it to other.
Greay
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2018
Great job and working experience while working at cosi. Management treated employees very well. Very flexible with your schedule would recommend to anyone.
Good company
Catering Sales Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for Cosi. Friendly people in the company. Room for growth. New positive management rebuilding the company. I worked for Cosi for 2 years and a half now
it wasnt what i expected
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
when work went down hey cut hours but only for the part-time people they were not fair, when working thre i didnt get unifirm because i was bigger then ans 2xl, they laughed and said they ddnt hsve my size so just wear all black , in my unifirs i didnt have anything that represented cosi.
Pros
staff at night shift
Cons
hours ans salary
Stressful, Unorganized
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rosslyn, VAAugust 16, 2018
A typical Cosi work day for me, included questions on whether or not I was going to have enough staff for my shift, as well as whether or not we had the required food/drink items and supplies. Management was very lax, and I was often left short staffed. The hardest part of the job was making sure I was going to have enough staff to ensure every aspect of the restaurant would be covered. The most enjoyable part of the job was the loyalty of some of my regular customers, and the loyalty to some of the staff working under me.
Pros
Free Lunches/Dinners, Location
Cons
Management, Short Staffing
Fun Place
Ovenline and dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
Working at Cosi was an experience because you got to make the food from scratch in front of customers and also talk to people from different parts of the world.
Pros
Discount of food
Cons
Lack of hours
Productive okay work place
Ovenline-Catering (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 2, 2018
The job was sometimes easy but than hard at the same time. However very fun.
I learned how to make some good coffee which I barely knew before and also how to prepare beverages.
The managers worked with me pretty well. Made sure we had everything we needed and got out on time. They only asked sometimes if we wanted to stay a bit longer for the extra help which I was always up for.
The co workers worked as a team and always corrected me if they seen me do something incorrect. Also very friendly.
The hardest part of the job was rush hour. There was always a HUGE mess of sandwiches everywhere, also coffee. Thats from everyone trying to make sure things were done fast so customers left the store satisfied. To me yes it was hard but fun.
My most enjoyable part of the job was when a customer gave me a compliment. I love to make sure their needs are met. It would make my day.
cool
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
great environment for a first time job, family fun,chill, busy best part is you get a free meal per your shift that you are schedule to work, works with your availability provided
Fun, fast paced, friendly.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2018
While working at cosi i would normally be a cook. I worked on both sandwich and salad side. On th weekend i was a cashier. I liked management except for my general manager. He took all of my hours and gave them to the people he favored. I worked downtown so it would be a lot of tourist, business people, school kids, all different types of people coming in a lot. It was kind of difficult because a lot of the tourist dont speak fluent english and i had no idea what they wanted. But i also loved it because i would see so many different things and people. I really enjoyed working there.
Don't work here if you don't like favortism
Barita (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 2, 2018
I wish the management cared about their employees, it's a lot of favortism. It was fun at first if you work at a busy location. But it doesn't take long to start taking your hours and giving them to their friends.
Pros
Fast paced so the day can go by fast
Cons
Hours subject to change through favortism
Poor Management
Barista/ Ovenline (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJune 24, 2018
When I first started working here a couple years ago, I really enjoyed the work environment and the people I worked with. Everyone stayed on top of their duties and responsibilities. However, the whole place itself started to decline, meaning the management, cleanliness, and taking care of the place in general. I started to feel so unmotivated and really dread the days when I knew I had to go in.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No raises, poor management
Okay place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
I learned how to management COGs, learned how to become more focused on becoming a better Manager while assisting other improve on their work position
Pros
Free Lunch and Paid time off
Cons
No Balance between work and personal life
Great job
Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
Freshly baked white or wheat bread with a soup salad or bowl or you can make it into a pizza sandwich or melt and wash it down with a hot/cold drinks.
Pros
Free drinks and bread 50% off all employee meals friendly staff
Cons
It gets really busy around 12pm-2pm
Job summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed working for the company because there was always open opportunity to advance in the company. Some of the management will try to block your success.
Pros
open opportunity and advancement.
Cons
some management
The best bread in town
Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
When Cosi was around, I thought they had the best bread in town. I wish they were still around and didn't have to close down! It was so fun working there, the people were great, the owners were so nice! And everyone got a long. I was even crossed trained in the kitchen.
Nice place for a starter in the industry
Intern (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 16, 2018
Cosi is a overall nice place to work if your looking for an opportunity to work with fresh foods. The people and the management in the location I was at were nice. The customers that patronized the restaurant helped to maintain a nice atmosphere as well.
Once a fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 14, 2018
When I first started at Cosi it was a great place but after a year or so things started to fall out of place. They kept changing managers and it just wasn't the same no more.
Pros
You meet nice people
Cons
The lack hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosi. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about