Cosi Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Barista/ Ovenline (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJune 24, 2018
When I first started working here a couple years ago, I really enjoyed the work environment and the people I worked with. Everyone stayed on top of their duties and responsibilities. However, the whole place itself started to decline, meaning the management, cleanliness, and taking care of the place in general. I started to feel so unmotivated and really dread the days when I knew I had to go in.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No raises, poor management
Okay place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2018
I learned how to management COGs, learned how to become more focused on becoming a better Manager while assisting other improve on their work position
Pros
Free Lunch and Paid time off
Cons
No Balance between work and personal life
Great job
Barista (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 31, 2018
Freshly baked white or wheat bread with a soup salad or bowl or you can make it into a pizza sandwich or melt and wash it down with a hot/cold drinks.
Pros
Free drinks and bread 50% off all employee meals friendly staff
Cons
It gets really busy around 12pm-2pm
Job summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed working for the company because there was always open opportunity to advance in the company. Some of the management will try to block your success.
Pros
open opportunity and advancement.
Cons
some management
The best bread in town
Server (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 17, 2018
When Cosi was around, I thought they had the best bread in town. I wish they were still around and didn't have to close down! It was so fun working there, the people were great, the owners were so nice! And everyone got a long. I was even crossed trained in the kitchen.
Nice place for a starter in the industry
Intern (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 16, 2018
Cosi is a overall nice place to work if your looking for an opportunity to work with fresh foods. The people and the management in the location I was at were nice. The customers that patronized the restaurant helped to maintain a nice atmosphere as well.
Once a fun place to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 14, 2018
When I first started at Cosi it was a great place but after a year or so things started to fall out of place. They kept changing managers and it just wasn't the same no more.
Pros
You meet nice people
Cons
The lack hours
not a emplyee friendly company
shift manager (Former Employee) –  Wareham, MAMay 7, 2018
not enough staff for the proper duties off the job managers are responsible for to many duties like dishes dining room cash control cust satisfaction janitorial oven line maintaining hourly percent
Pros
none no vacation time or bonus for managment
productive but too playful
Volunteer Experiences (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 5, 2018
great work enviroment, only issue was payroll. Not getting paid as much as you work also low discounts as far as food and not always being fully staffed
Its your "highschool job" very layed back
Catering Manager/Barista (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAMay 5, 2018
Very relaxed, lots of down time, but when it's time to work, its very fast paced. Lots of regulars. The days fly by. The tips are great, and every one for the most part is friendly. Management is either really tight, when they dont need to be, and later back when they shouldn't be.
Pros
Good tips
Cons
No benefits
overall gained experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  broad stApril 26, 2018
good company great bread i loved working with the people great camaraderie we helped each other out
we took care of the guest we did right by the guest no matter what
Pros
I turned around stores
Cons
too many chefs
My reason for having this job was me moving
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  New Rochelle, NYApril 24, 2018
It wasn’t what I wanted. However, it paid the bills. I had moved because of my new born son. It was the first place I got hired at. The company has a good aura. They tend to hire young so there’s plenty of maturation needed. At least at that location.
Catering Specialist & Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2018
Very fast paces environment. Handled all of customers at once. all of hands on training. Learn to build customer service skills.Great place advance. Locations almost every where. Great hard working employees.
bad employement
Barista/Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 20, 2018
when I first started at cosi on high ridge road it was a fun place to be. but the more time I spend working there I started to hate my job the manager there is horrible. I felt like you would get fired on the spot if you stick up for yourself. since I work there I have seen barista starting and going for no reason.
Cosi Day
Support Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2018
in my time with Cosi i learned a lot about communication and how it can help improve not only relationships with the guest but also with coworkers and business partners. At times is can be a very fun and relaxing place to work and other times it can be the complete opposite. The most enjoyable part was building relationships and bonds with executives as well as hourly partners.
Laid back workplace
Barista/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MAApril 17, 2018
Serving others, making food and drinks, cleaning. Shifts were often long and usually no shorter than 6 hours. It can be stressful when its busy but its mostly laid back.
We was like family
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
I been working at cost for 5 years I love working for company but some things changed and I never got another in four years it's time to move on. We had nice time at Xmas party Thanksgiving every body brings kid's and we have Coco company
Pros
We pay for a lunch 50off
Cons
30 min breaks
productive
Barista (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2018
working at cosi was a rel experience for me by making different kinds of coffee and the people was amazing they made me feel comfortable. i would not mind going back to work for cosi
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Not a place for a first job
Barista (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 9, 2018
This place was my first and worst job. There was a lack of communication between managers. This created a tension between my schedule planning as well as others. The day was usually slow with several peaks of rush hours. We were so short staffed that I found myself doing many jobs at once. Such as cashier, serving food, bussing tables, as well as, making coffee as a barista. The one thing I learned working here was hard work. I learned how to do my part and talk to people in a food business setting. I was able to develop people skills and my own work ethic. The only thing I enjoyed from this place was gaining experience, and also that they are closed down, and no longer in service.
Pros
discounts
Cons
terrible managment, work hours, salary
stressful
Shift Leader/ Barista/ Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJApril 6, 2018
this place is always understaffed. one person is always doing more than one task and has more than one title. the pay is horrible for the amount of work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosi. Our community is ready to answer.