Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

Manager was not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2019
Learning about hair products and sometimes beauty products was very interesting because I am a women and I enjoy learning about things I like. The only negative was my manager and schedule were very hard to work with.
Pros
free hair prodcuts to try out
Cons
manager
Good Part Time Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 14, 2019
Nice for part time, working full time you will pretty much be there every day of the week. Most shifts are 7:30-4 or 10-6:30. Must work every other weekend.
A billion dollar company who will not pay their employees their worth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 13, 2019
A Jillian dollar company that has million-dollar stores that start managers with children off at $12.50 and an hour we are not paid on or compensated for all of the war that we do.
Good place to work if you're looking for extra income.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 25, 2019
Depending on the location and who you work under, it can be a hit or miss. You can have either a really great team and management you can rely on or you're stuck doing most of the work on your own.

The best part about this job is that you build such great relationships with licensed professionals. You learn a lot from both customers and reps who stop in. The hardest part is being short staffed. It comes and goes but its not the best feeling. The work load piles up faster and for the amount of work you do daily, the pay is not enough.

The benefits are great. Can't complain about that.
Pros
Flexible schedule (Depends on manager)
Cons
Over-worked for little pay
Okay for a part timer just out of school but nothing else
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CT 06066April 24, 2019
I worked there for 3 years and got around a .20 cent raise or less each year. I couldn't find another part time job since the hours were not consistent and I could not guarantee that I would not be scheduled for days when I was off the week before. When I brought up the fact that I might need a second job, the manager at the time got upset that I would try to find one since then my hours of availability would go down and she couldn't schedule how she wanted to. Everything was about the negatives and how it wasn't done right or to the liking of the manager, even if everything else about the day went well.
The stores themselves were very cramped with too much product stuffed into the small spaces. It always looked cluttered even with new plan-o-guides popping up to try to manage the space. The whole place was tiny, even the back room.
The last straw was during the last year of my employment when I found out that the newer employees that were just hired were being paid more than me with less experience.

Oh, but there is a discount on products if you work there, so that's a plus I guess?
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No advancement
Fun retail job for licensed Cosmetologists
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 16, 2019
CosmoProf is a beauty supply open to only licensed professionals. It was a fun job, but once management changed it did start to go down hill a little bit. Only because the new manager put their job on the rest of us, but took all of the credit.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 16, 2019
With any beauty industry place, you will of course run into drama- especially if you're working with all women. But with that, the actual job itself was a good job. There were the difficult customers and the rushes, but with those slight challenges, I liked the job. I never felt dread going in, I got along with the girls I worked with, and the regular customers were always so sweet and so receptive to advice. My manager was a wonderful woman and I believe she's still the manager there, and overall a great experience. Plus, I gained way more product knowledge there than I ever did in beauty school!
Pros
Flexible hours, great team, not too straining
Cons
Hard to hit 40 hrs a week, not enough hourly pay
Salary
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAApril 10, 2019
The salary isn’t that great. Was expecting a little bit more of a raise especially with the hours and how much work we do for the company. I love the people I work with but I believe that my pay might be the reason for leaving.
Pros
People, customers, employees, management
Cons
Salary
Great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 8, 2019
Great place to work . Students or licensed professionals can really achieve product knowledge and gain an edge on sales and incoming product lines. Very clean and professional.
Received product samples what's good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 8, 2019
This company does not compensate their sales associates enough for what they expect from their sales associates. This company has a high turnover.....
Pros
Samples
Cons
Low income
An okay place to work
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 7, 2019
Although I enjoy beauty and what not, the management at my store is very poor. I don’t have much room to grow and favoritism is a very big factor. It’s okay for a temporary job.
Great for new stylists or people looking for a job.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 7, 2019
Don't expect this to be your main source of income. Don't expect to be able to get a pay raise. Don't expect the company to care about giving you more money either.
Fairly nice place to work for the area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 26, 2019
Typical work days required arrival an hour before opening, setting up and "opening registers", assisting in accepting shipments on delivery days into the break/stockroom and processing to sales floor, "facing" products and rotating stock, assisting customers, cleaning and continuously stocking throughout the day as well as working registers. Closing consisted of continuing above tasks and thoroughly cleaning and dusting the store and all products, windows, doors, etc and closing the store (locking up after officially clocking out an hour after closing time) with the MOD. Personally, the location I worked at was not great and needed a lot of work. Okay management, ancient Point of Sale system, old stock around, the break room was a little claustrophobic. The store has access to an external bathroom shared with another storefront. My coworkers were friendly enough and most customers were polite. Theft was a little common as employees walking laps around the tiny store to provide "near perfect customer service" were the main deterrent for employee safety. There are some opportunities to learn with Cosmoprof just from speaking with customers and coworkers and becoming knowledgeable about the products in store. There are courses etc to explore within the company as well as some incentives and an employee discount on some products. Most employees are given a title when hired but understand you will be doing a little of everything and due to chemicals being in store allergens, chemicals and irritants are going to be present, it is a must to wear good shoes and make your health needs  more... known.  less
Overall a decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 26, 2019
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Individual store managers can make or break your work experience. Mine happened to be great. I’ve seen others that were awful to employees and totally unorganized.
Pros
Tons of free product and get off at a decent time
Cons
Not a lot of room to advance. Not a great forever career
Productive and Fun Work environment
Part-Time Worker (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAMarch 25, 2019
Its a fun and a lot of knowledge you will be receiving when you work there . The Manager is very understanding and will tell you step by step process when you don't understand
Pros
Free lunch on winning contests
Cons
A lot of labor work
Extremely boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 21, 2019
Low-paying and poor hours. Boss was extremely unprofessional and a poor example of a business leader to follow... I have been in other Cosmo profs where the atmosphere was pleasant and uplifting, but this was the most depressing CosmoProf I had ever been in...
Pros
Discounts
Fun in the beginning
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 20, 2019
They lure you in with samples and “competitive pay” which is completely false. You start at minimum wage and even if you do everything correctly you’re max raise will still be change. The company is working on updating everything so it seems samples is another thing they cut out from you. Even though it’s a corporation no one is on the same page, all locations do things differently, and the District Managers never last or know what their doing.
Pros
Working hours, coworkers
Cons
Always short staffed, under payed and over worked
Great customers; Company is a revolving door
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Orange City, FLMarch 9, 2019
Great customers; Build formal relationships, Education
Low pay, no regards for good employees, no job advancements, company stores have revolving doors
Pros
Great Customers, Build formal relationships
Cons
Low pay, no regards for good employees, no job advancements
good build for experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 7, 2019
This company is great for building in management experience, if you are the right store. They are revamping everything, so if you cannot deal with change it will not be for you. There is more physical activity involved than some think. The pay is not the greatest, but they are trying to keep up with standard pay. the good thing is they offer benefits
no comment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 6, 2019
went in and clocked in started unloading boxes from delivery the sales associates are very friendly the managment could be highly improved needs to be more of a better work enviroment that doesnt show favortism.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss