Cosmoprof Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Na
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MEJune 10, 2019
Great place to work if you want to learn more about cosmetology nails esthetics makeup and beauty. Extra brownie points if you went to school for cosmetology
Pros
Free products/ classes
Cons
Pay is awful, managers never follow schedule or rules
good build for experience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMarch 7, 2019
This company is great for building in management experience, if you are the right store. They are revamping everything, so if you cannot deal with change it will not be for you. There is more physical activity involved than some think. The pay is not the greatest, but they are trying to keep up with standard pay. the good thing is they offer benefits
Awful Management, Company is Outdated, Low Pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 5, 2019
Store management is atrocious with no oversight. Pay is pretty much unlivable. The company is trying to restructure in order to make a profit and compete with Sephora/Ulta but it doesn’t seem to be able to modernize. It’s painfully obvious from how the store operates to the outdated technology they provide. The company had many perks for employees but they now pretty much cut them entirely. They recently cut hours in stores and laid off many in upper management. Store managers go unchecked, mine in particular did nothing, left the store constantly and knew almost nothing about haircare. Employees contacted Human Resources about my store’s management issues multiple times and they didn’t fix the issues. Inventory is a total mess. Warehouses are often out of what our customers need so they get it online. I honestly think the company is crashing. I liked this job at first but after a few years of truly working hard and caring for my store I realize that honestly they care nothing for their store employees.
Pros
Hours are not late, beauty products
Cons
Low pay, store management is poor, outdated systems, upper management doesn’t care about store employees
Productive and fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CANovember 28, 2018
Great job for anyone interested in the beauty industry.
Working the sales floor helping customer and stocking shelves. Working with vendors and learning new products and tools
Just dont
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 17, 2018
Not the best place to work for they don’t train you and then expect the best from you and all the mangament dose is sit... oh and don’t expect everything to be fare, they like to favor people and then talk behind there customers backs
Pros
Learning about new products
Cons
Never did any training with me
With the right manager it would possibly be better.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2017
I feel as though the company only cares about numbers. Bad management goes unchecked as along as the store is hitting its numbers. There are ways to prevent customer disappointment, but when it’s left to one person it’s overwhelming.
Pros
Discounts and free product, physically not demanding, full time benefits
Cons
Old computer system, poor management
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHNovember 14, 2017
It’s a good job, witch basic retail pay. The environment is fast paced and there is always something to do, or something new to learn. My biggest problem is with upper management, and lack of advancement options
Pros
Insider information on beauty industry
Cons
Low pay, poor upper management, poor benefits
Great Place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 11, 2017
You must have a passion for this industry to work here but over all it was a great place to work with great benefits.

It is a fast placed job and you must know about color, color wheel and products to be successful
Great leadership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 7, 2017
My priority is create a Great atmosphere ,be surrounded by positive people and good vibes .This job requires great leadership skills. be able to multitask and have excellent people skills. I am seeking a position that throughout my skills, knowledge and experience will allow me to deliver the best of me to your company.
A good learning environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAOctober 13, 2017
-Allowed me the opportunity to train and mentor associates
-Enjoyed learning and applying my knowledge to customers and associates of all products
-Enjoyed the ability to learn about how to manage inventory in a fast paced environment
-Had the opportunity to learn about State of California database offerings
-Enjoyed working with and interacting with people
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
Lack of career opportunities for advancement
Low pay and tons of stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, WYOctober 10, 2017
As an assistant manger I made very little more than someone who had been there half the time with a quarter of the responsibility. My manager was rarely there which left me in charge with no appreciation.
Love the beauty industry but not enough pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 1, 2017
Servicing customers is priority. I learn from them as much as they learn from me about the beauty industry. The manager at the store I work at is wonderful. She is a leader and promotes team work. At times we face challenges with out computer system which is out dated causing conflicts with customers. What I love best about this job is that I am always learning something new! I would hope that one day this company will pay employees on a professional level. This company does not pay well.
Pros
Education
Cons
Wages are terrible
It's hard to keep employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  michiganJuly 24, 2017
The employee turnover is huge! We are told that upper management doesn't care about us. The pay rate is awful. I have to work another job just to get by.
Pros
discounts and free products
Cons
low pay
Great store manager, poor corporate management.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJune 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working with the store manager at the location I worked at. It seemed like the higher ups in corporate could care less about the employees
You get what you give
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 21, 2017
Great people and great benefits. Not difficult to receive a promotion as long as you work hard. It takes a year to receive insurance working full-time.
working at compof
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 27, 2016
Nothing really bad to say . Low pay but makes up in benefit. The job is good for someone who wants to learn about products and hair.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and face-paced environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, UTSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoy working for Cosmoprof. I have been there for almost 3 years and am ready to move on to something that reflects the schooling and experience that I have.
Very Fun and enjoyable work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 18, 2015
I really enjoyed my boss and the work environment she created. As a licensed Cosmetologist I enjoyed interacting with other stylist and giving them advice on Haircolor.
productive and a fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 11, 2015
Room for advancement if you work hard. I was able to use my artistic abilities to help increase sales and improve store appearance.The most enjoyable part of this job were the contest between the stores. I had great co-workers. Anyone who is self motivated will love this company.
Pros
the success of your store is up to you
Cons
inventory
Productive, Organized, Fun work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, MANovember 13, 2014
Open Store, do the bank deposit. Stock Shelves, take inventory.Order products. Great customer service. Taking classes to learn about new tools or products and educate the customers. Up-selling. Great boss to work with, taught me how a store operates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight