Cosmoprof Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

A manager that dosen't interact well with others.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJune 13, 2019
Very high turn over rate. The manager at the Kokomo location knows nothing about working well with others. The company does nothing with the various complaints they've received about her in the 30 years she's been there. The absolute worst.
Okay for a part timer just out of school but nothing else
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CT 06066April 24, 2019
I worked there for 3 years and got around a .20 cent raise or less each year. I couldn't find another part time job since the hours were not consistent and I could not guarantee that I would not be scheduled for days when I was off the week before. When I brought up the fact that I might need a second job, the manager at the time got upset that I would try to find one since then my hours of availability would go down and she couldn't schedule how she wanted to. Everything was about the negatives and how it wasn't done right or to the liking of the manager, even if everything else about the day went well.
The stores themselves were very cramped with too much product stuffed into the small spaces. It always looked cluttered even with new plan-o-guides popping up to try to manage the space. The whole place was tiny, even the back room.
The last straw was during the last year of my employment when I found out that the newer employees that were just hired were being paid more than me with less experience.

Oh, but there is a discount on products if you work there, so that's a plus I guess?
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No advancement
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 19, 2019
Great company to work for. Very organized and well maintained. They make sure all employees are taken care of, made sure all breaks were taken. And also had contest for employees to win prizes
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Health care
A Great Learning Environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 5, 2018
Cosmoprof wasn't just a retailer to Licensed Professionals and Business owners, but each employee was always educated on new and popular beauty products through product Reps. It keeps the work environment interesting.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Product Knowledge
Cons
Healthcare, Must Be available weekends.
Salon Sales
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed waking up each day to set my own schedule and meet with stylists and salon owners to make their business grown. The job is easier is you have excellent organizational skills. The hardest part of the job would be competing with salon stores and other sales consultants.
Low pay
Store Manager / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  NebraskaApril 5, 2018
Very low pay, poor management, harassment is allowed, managers gets yelled at for all kinds of stuff. Middle management gets too much pay for what little they do.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management, harassment, pay
good place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAMarch 15, 2018
good place to work flexible with hours and also location switch when a position came up in another store. Good working hours.Nice friendly co workers & up to date products
Pros
always on top of latest products
Cons
no real bereavement options
you get discounts on the hair and makeup products sometimes the team will go out to eat
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 12, 2018
i loved working for the company and the products that was offer. the only hard thing about it was the manager was a hispanic colombian lady who did not speak english well at all and could not explain how to do some of the work.. so i had to learn and just look at how she did things without any communication.
Pros
free hair and makeup samples
Cons
short 5 min breaks
very educational
Sales and Customer service (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILMarch 1, 2018
it was very educational learned alot and from it... met numerous of nice people that was very supportive enjoied the environment and the opportunity I had.
Pros
point system for great gifts
Cons
truck day lol
Fun job but bad managemnet
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJanuary 30, 2018
The manager was horrible and popping pills which caused her to have mood swings. She showed favoritism and put all her work load on the assistant manager. She was finally called out and is having to retire soon.

If the manager had been different, I would want to work there if not for wanting to advance my career. I loved the customers and coworkers. It was a fun place to work and I felt very comfortable doing my job and was very good at it.
Pros
Discounts and good benefits.
Cons
low pay, favoritism and bad management
No advancement
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJanuary 21, 2018
Low pay with hard work on your feet all day even customers it was boring unchallenged. Given lots of hours just standing around. No advancement unless you are moving up and no room for that
Pros
discounts on hair products
Cons
management, pay
productive, peaceful, small staff
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Learned how to use, recommend products specifically for the beauty industry. Had quarterly classes on product lines and how to use them and benefit from them. Manager was always there to provide assistance with questions or concerns. Learned how to run register and open and close store.
Pros
Always help available, everyone on same team
Cons
no benefits unless full time
Upper management
Store Manager / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 1, 2018
Harassment is ok in this company. Any kind of harassment! They say you get compensated for not great pay yet this year pay sucked and giveaways were very few. This company is a joke, do not work there.
Pros
Hours open
Cons
Too many too list
Fun and an eventual place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE/CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIDecember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working at Cosmo Prof but the hourly pay wasn't what I wanted anymore. I asked for more at raise time but they had a set amount. The vacation and sick time was amazing and you constantly got free stuff.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Always on your feet
Love the job hate the company
Customer Service Specialist, sales (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 12, 2017
I love my job and customers just hate the company. They don't care about there employees. The pay is very low for what I do, no chance to grow in the company.
Pros
Discounts, love my customers and manager
Cons
Pay, stressful
I enjoyed my position
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 1, 2017
Overall a nice place to work. The area in which the store is located is not very safe. My husband did not like me closing the store alone so I had to put my notice in.
Pros
nice people
Cons
poor location
fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Norriton, PAJuly 2, 2017
Typically the everyday work is to go in and there is a bunch of list that you have to complete that day. There is always something to do. Mostly customer service and recommending products.
Pros
Get to try first hand products
Cons
Repetitive
Good Product knowledge
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Pablo, CAMay 16, 2017
On a typical day you would restock and make sure you front and faced the store while greeting customers.
The management was temperamental and sometimes hard to deal with. The work place culture was at times hostile and a hard environment to be in every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers.
Pros
customer service, employee perks.
Cons
management, schedualing, compensation
Productive, busy, multitasking
Customer service, unloading shipment, stocking (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAFebruary 23, 2017
This was my first experince in retail, I did amazing. Probably because I loved what I was selling. Execellent training. I loved my manager. My work schedule was a dream. I did everything from educating customers on products, color and new products, cashing them out, selling tickets for education classes, answering the phone, pulling orders for salons, doing shipment every week, unloading, checking in boxes and putting product away.
Pros
hours, management
Cons
pay
Love
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYFebruary 3, 2017
I loved working for this company. I love all the employees and management. Fun work environment but still able t get job done. Just a great company overall.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight