Cosmoprof Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Makes a good starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 6, 2019
A good job for somebody starting out. Not a great place for someone experienced to advance. The higher ups have one concern and that is the bottom line.
Management was AWFUL
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHJune 4, 2019
I absolutely loved working here but the management was so terrible. They act like you are scum if you aren’t a manager. Breaks would be cut short and would work through lunch a lot. Store employs we’re constantly working while managers were on the personal calls all day or taking smoke breaks. When upper management would come into town they would leave for hours at a time for ‘meetings’ but would really be going out to eat and shopping. Would get in trouble for the smallest things (ex:not sweeping the floor at night) while others would stay on the clock and go home, or go get their hair done while claiming company time. Not worth min. wage for how you are treated. This company does not care about their employs at all
Pros
Samples were great
manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 3, 2019
you always train your replacement the managers always do things backwards and its never in the benefit of the employee its a cool place to work i just didnt have great managers
Relaxed place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAMay 30, 2019
I liked working at cosmoprof because I had a job and their were great employees to work with. I worked at various locations and the managers were very nice.
Extremely disappointing and toxic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLMay 28, 2019
Manager was very disrespectful. Put her tasks on us and took all the credit. Then blamed us for not doing anything. Manager is racist. Made us follow black customers because she thought they were stealing. Received a warning for not following customers. System is outdated and made it difficult to work with. With full intentions of a full time job and within three weeks they cut my hours to 12 hours a week. Very disappointed in the toxic environment. Just baffled in all honesty.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Manager, Pay, Racial Profiling
I loved working here!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UTMay 27, 2019
P.o.s. system is really old & made things difficult. They dont care about keeping employees long term which I think is a must in that kind of retail. Company policies are inconsistent & change.
Pros
Employees regular customers samples always busy
Cons
No benefits low pay outdated system inconsistent
Manager was not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2019
Learning about hair products and sometimes beauty products was very interesting because I am a women and I enjoy learning about things I like. The only negative was my manager and schedule were very hard to work with.
Pros
free hair prodcuts to try out
Cons
manager
Good Part Time Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 14, 2019
Nice for part time, working full time you will pretty much be there every day of the week. Most shifts are 7:30-4 or 10-6:30. Must work every other weekend.
Great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAApril 16, 2019
With any beauty industry place, you will of course run into drama- especially if you're working with all women. But with that, the actual job itself was a good job. There were the difficult customers and the rushes, but with those slight challenges, I liked the job. I never felt dread going in, I got along with the girls I worked with, and the regular customers were always so sweet and so receptive to advice. My manager was a wonderful woman and I believe she's still the manager there, and overall a great experience. Plus, I gained way more product knowledge there than I ever did in beauty school!
Pros
Flexible hours, great team, not too straining
Cons
Hard to hit 40 hrs a week, not enough hourly pay
Fairly nice place to work for the area
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAMarch 26, 2019
Typical work days required arrival an hour before opening, setting up and "opening registers", assisting in accepting shipments on delivery days into the break/stockroom and processing to sales floor, "facing" products and rotating stock, assisting customers, cleaning and continuously stocking throughout the day as well as working registers. Closing consisted of continuing above tasks and thoroughly cleaning and dusting the store and all products, windows, doors, etc and closing the store (locking up after officially clocking out an hour after closing time) with the MOD. Personally, the location I worked at was not great and needed a lot of work. Okay management, ancient Point of Sale system, old stock around, the break room was a little claustrophobic. The store has access to an external bathroom shared with another storefront. My coworkers were friendly enough and most customers were polite. Theft was a little common as employees walking laps around the tiny store to provide "near perfect customer service" were the main deterrent for employee safety. There are some opportunities to learn with Cosmoprof just from speaking with customers and coworkers and becoming knowledgeable about the products in store. There are courses etc to explore within the company as well as some incentives and an employee discount on some products. Most employees are given a title when hired but understand you will be doing a little of everything and due to chemicals being in store allergens, chemicals and irritants are going to be present, it is a must to wear good shoes and make your health needs  more... known.  less
Overall a decent place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 26, 2019
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Individual store managers can make or break your work experience. Mine happened to be great. I’ve seen others that were awful to employees and totally unorganized.
Pros
Tons of free product and get off at a decent time
Cons
Not a lot of room to advance. Not a great forever career
Extremely boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 21, 2019
Low-paying and poor hours. Boss was extremely unprofessional and a poor example of a business leader to follow... I have been in other Cosmo profs where the atmosphere was pleasant and uplifting, but this was the most depressing CosmoProf I had ever been in...
Pros
Discounts
no comment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, INMarch 6, 2019
went in and clocked in started unloading boxes from delivery the sales associates are very friendly the managment could be highly improved needs to be more of a better work enviroment that doesnt show favortism.
Pros
na
Cons
na
The management was on top of everything and I enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALFebruary 21, 2019
I loved my job there! I had a lot of responsibility and had room to grow. I enjoyed working with management,other employees and customers. I learned how to be more independent and got to learn a lot about hair,skincare and makeup.
Love my repeat customers, the manager and staff is great!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MarylandFebruary 15, 2019
It used to be a fun and rewarding place to work at, but now new management has taken over and it is terrible. They are cutting our hours and everyone seems to be shopping on the Cosmoprof website. They are trying to get rid of all of the full time positions, will probably be looking for a new job soon. Also the pay sucks for as much work as you are required to do.
Pros
Staff, manager, discounts
Cons
Poor higher up management, pay, and never having enough product for our customers
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 31, 2019
Love working for the company. Seems to care about the employees and are trying to make changing for the better.
Enjoy working at my store. There could be room for growth.
Pros
Discounts, manager cares
Cons
Pay
Great company, we're more of a family then coworkers.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIJanuary 13, 2019
We keep busy on our feet. Getting all the job tasks completed.
You learn something new almost every day.
My manager is amazing and very helpful. She gives us all confidence to do our job.
I enjoy working everyday.
Hardest part of the job would only be to deal with customers who are not always very friendly.
Most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to know your customers and being able to help them.
Pros
Fun place to work
entertaining and wonderful company, management seems distant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LaurelNovember 23, 2018
wasnt valued for the work done, if you go above management you get in trouble, not helped. was making less than employees who were just starting. and only managers get kick backs from meeting quota.
Pros
sample products
Cons
low wage, not flexible scheduling, management underqualified
Flexible schedule and 40 hours guaranteed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CANovember 13, 2018
Constantly busy, always have something to do to stay busy. Time fly's because of work load. I learned how to manage my time more efficiently and love getting samples to try out.
Pros
free samples, flexible schedule, always work
Cons
short breaks, quota contests
Good to start for customer service skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burien, WANovember 11, 2018
Its s great start for cosmetologist students that want to learn hair products and customer service skills to have head start before hitting the salon.
Pros
Great health benefits.
Cons
The money was not that good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss