Cosmoprof Employee Reviews for Store Manager

A billion dollar company who will not pay their employees their worth
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDMay 13, 2019
A Jillian dollar company that has million-dollar stores that start managers with children off at $12.50 and an hour we are not paid on or compensated for all of the war that we do.
Good place to work if you're looking for extra income.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  AnonymousApril 25, 2019
Depending on the location and who you work under, it can be a hit or miss. You can have either a really great team and management you can rely on or you're stuck doing most of the work on your own.

The best part about this job is that you build such great relationships with licensed professionals. You learn a lot from both customers and reps who stop in. The hardest part is being short staffed. It comes and goes but its not the best feeling. The work load piles up faster and for the amount of work you do daily, the pay is not enough.

The benefits are great. Can't complain about that.
Pros
Flexible schedule (Depends on manager)
Cons
Over-worked for little pay
Great for new stylists or people looking for a job.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 7, 2019
Don't expect this to be your main source of income. Don't expect to be able to get a pay raise. Don't expect the company to care about giving you more money either.
Beauty Products
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 17, 2019
Opening and closing of store
sales
deiveries
marketing
stocking
paperwork and banking
making seasonal dispalys or sale item displays
keeping store immaculatly cleanedandwell stocked
Pros
customers
Cons
very long days but did notmind
productive and a fun place to work. love to recieve the free products that you get to review for the cutomers to up sell the products
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DE 19901January 11, 2019
A typical work day consist of waiting on customers, stocking shelves,
keeping the store neat in appearance. I learned about new products that was being launched and the benefits of them to upsell to the customers. The management teams were very helpful, you had the ability to contact other store managers for assistance and also to help you to get merchandise fior the customers, most of the managers were big on giving the customer a great experience, The workplace culture was always about superior customer service and repeat business, treating the customer as if they were a guest in our own home. The hardest part of the job was the quotas and keeping up with the inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hair show meeting new people and the education that you would recieve
about the products, you would also learn new techniques to utilize on your customers as a extra service that would generate you more income.
Pros
free products
Cons
rate of pay
Can learn a lot about the beauty Industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 9, 2018
It’s a great place to work and learn. There is Ample opportunity to move up in the company. If you are a licensed cosmetologist you can get your education free through them.The hours are great considering it is retail. We get all major holidays paid we also get an additional three floating holidays.
Pros
Lots of full size products given to us to try
Cons
The pay could be better
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 15, 2018
Its a great company to work for as far as benefits and flexible hours. The pay, not so much. There is a lot of work expected and when you're not making much more than your employees, it tends to make you not want to try so much. I loved my job, my employees and the customers especially! They just need to realize the worth of the managers and what they do.
Pros
Free samples from vendors, employee discounts
Cons
Pay
Good job but doesnt pay well
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 24, 2018
Ok Company. Pay is terrible if you were there before the restructuring. New managers make $17 when older ones made less. New employees hired at $11 when Old assistant managers make $11.50. Not a fair paying Company.
Pros
Great time off
Cons
Pay is terrible
Sad to leave but felt unappreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 23, 2018
I was with this company for 15 years on and off. I left 3 times due to the amount of money they pay. They pay minimum wage for most of their store associate employees and as a manager i did not even make 30,000 a year !!!! The company is not a bad company to work for but i feel like upper corporate should work in the stores for a few days to see how hard we work. It’s a 10 man job for one person. We build displays, move the whole store around , weekly shipments , when things come in for the computers we need to set it up or fix them .. we literally do EVERYTHING. Finding staff is hard due to the money they pay. I continued to come back because i loved my customers. I did work my way up to manager but finding good help and keeping it was difficult due to the money. Upper management in my district were fine ... but there was definitely a lack of communication somewhere in between upper management and store management. Things are always changing , one minute it’s one thing tomorrow it’s something different. They don’t allow a lot of payroll so most of the time people are working alone and you can’t get anything done and then you fall behind. You can not have overtime .... the only thing i will miss are my customers and the free samples. It’s sad that they don’t appreciate what we do to make them money. They set quotas high so u basically never make them. It’s a shame!!!!!
Pros
No late nights. Free products.
Cons
Low pay. Overworked.
Lower management great-Upper management not so great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 14, 2018
Upper management knows nothing about work/life balance. Regardless of the reason, if you need to be out sick, you are made to feel guilty for needing time off. Pay is grossly low for California and there is no sign of it getting better. Yearly raises do happen but generally are below 25 cents even for management. Let's just say even as a single person in management, you will not be able to afford a studio apartment on this salary anywhere in California.
fun work place, and great customers
Cashier, Salesman, Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILSeptember 10, 2018
I loved working at cosmo, my hours were great the pay was alright. great benefits, short lunches, awesome coworkers, discounts, and free product to test out. id recommend working for them its just upper management needs to be more organized and take more responsibility for their own actions.
Pros
great benefits, free product to try, great people
Cons
short lunches, work some holidays, work weekends.
old management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 3, 2018
Wish management was more real and helping , I was very please to work for the company, but sadly management wasnt having any interest on grow of employees ,
Just scroll pass this company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MiAugust 26, 2018
Left the company after much frustration with upper management. Staff turnover, long hours, no way to bonus. 4 years ago I recommended this company to anyone looking for a great career, now I talk them out of it since the current leadership seems intent on removing incentives that kept people there long term. Insurance kicks in after 90 days only for managers, everyone else gets basic urgent care until they have been there for a year and then they can elect to get full coverage. Bonus program for managers is a bait and switch, quotas become extremely high without ryhme or reason and not based on trending numbers for the location.
Pros
Free products once in awhiile
Cons
Lack of good leadership from the corporate level
Always expecting more but never getting paid for it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, IL 60477August 22, 2018
This company is ridiculous to work for and I'm sure it was a sense of complacency that I stayed with this company as long as I did. #1 issue is the pay is terrible! #2 is they constantly want you to learn new information but never compensate you for it. #3 is you are treated like bottom of the barrel, they only care about their higher ups, like most corporations. I can go on and on but they only give me so much space in this little box.
Pros
Free sample products
Cons
Strict, underpay staff, fluctuating schedules
Poor upper management skills
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYJune 29, 2018
Do not fall for the bs!! Turnover is phenomenal. You are expected to work every open hour 7 days a week. No training for new managers. Fellow managers steal your payroll and over pay themselves. No personal life is allowed.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
10+ hrs a day. No empathy from upper mamagement. New hires never last
Exciting Industry
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 23, 2018
Hardest part of the job was dealing with cut throat upper management. Provided opportunity to work with great individuals in an exciting industry with new things coming out all the time.
Fun place to work.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTMay 2, 2018
CosmoProf is a fun place to work. My favorite part of the job was learning about all the products we carried in the store. We were constantly getting in new products. I also liked the daily interaction with people. The regulars who would come in and want to know what the latest and greatest was.
Pros
Free product for management and continued education for all employees
Cons
Short breaks
Poor salary even for tenured employees.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 30, 2018
Scheduling was always a joke, starting pay made it so hard to hire the right people. High turn over made it really hard to have a life out side of work. Company claims to give bonus to employees but this hardly happens because quotas are unrealistic.
Pros
Cons
Lower then average salary
Love this place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 28, 2018
I absolutely loved my job with Cosmoprof and would never have left the company had they pd more! The environment is fun, customers amazing and management top notch.
Pros
Discount, days go by fast, tons of tasks
Cons
Pay
Fun place to work
Store Manager/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 25, 2018
the company is willing to have you grow and succeed with the company, Always training in different areas. Working with a small team and growing together as a family to build sales and get to know your customers
Pros
nice vacation package
Cons
not enough man hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss