Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

entertaining and wonderful company, management seems distant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  LaurelNovember 23, 2018
wasnt valued for the work done, if you go above management you get in trouble, not helped. was making less than employees who were just starting. and only managers get kick backs from meeting quota.
Pros
sample products
Cons
low wage, not flexible scheduling, management underqualified
productive and fun
PM Stocker (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WINovember 16, 2018
I enjoyed the physical work, driving forklifts and the co-workers. There were many other benefits to working there and we built friendships and tried to have a relaxed, fun and friendly environment.
Flexible schedule and 40 hours guaranteed
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CANovember 13, 2018
Constantly busy, always have something to do to stay busy. Time fly's because of work load. I learned how to manage my time more efficiently and love getting samples to try out.
Pros
free samples, flexible schedule, always work
Cons
short breaks, quota contests
If you like being ignored and talked at this is the place for you
Employee (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 12, 2018
All in all upper management sides with the yes men/women. This is a multi-million company and yet overtime is prohibited, pay/salary is NOT competitive. Shipments are always late and incorrect causing customers to be irate. Registers constantly on the fritz ringing up customers is always a challenge. They have us going off an ipad to find out what we have to do for the day but internet connectivity is horrible.
One store in Tucson, AZ had over 15 thefts in a matter of months. They had that store borded up for more than two months (including glass door). The safety of their employees is not a concern.
I would NOT recommend this place for a job opportunity. They give free samples to employees to offset the minimal pay. Cost of living is not a concern to this company, neither is the health or well being of their employees. There is no room for advancement whatsoever.
Pros
Samples
Cons
Pay, safety, abserd dress code
Good to start for customer service skills
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burien, WANovember 11, 2018
Its s great start for cosmetologist students that want to learn hair products and customer service skills to have head start before hitting the salon.
Pros
Great health benefits.
Cons
The money was not that good.
Can learn a lot about the beauty Industry
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 9, 2018
It’s a great place to work and learn. There is Ample opportunity to move up in the company. If you are a licensed cosmetologist you can get your education free through them.The hours are great considering it is retail. We get all major holidays paid we also get an additional three floating holidays.
Pros
Lots of full size products given to us to try
Cons
The pay could be better
Terrible salary, not great upper management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 29, 2018
Working here was okay. My store manager was wonderful, and the coworkers were tolerable. Upper management was not great and didn’t seem to care much about the hourly sales employees. The pay was abysmal, even for state-licensed employees.
Pros
Free samples of hair products, discounted education services, fun work environment
Cons
Terrible pay, long hours, worked every weekend
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 29, 2018
I enjoyed learning more about hair and makeup products in the store. Customers were always nice and informative about products they knew about. Clean work areas.
Great hours, awesome customers
Sales Associate/ Cashier/Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2018
I really enjoy working here and the customers I have but I need somewhere where I have benefits and more of an opportunity for advancement. I have gone above and beyond and they don’t offer mileage for driving to other stores to pick things up for customers.
Pros
Flexible hours never open late
Cons
Wage, benefits
sales associate
Sales Associate & Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIOctober 20, 2018
It was fun being in the beauty environment, but management was horrible. It was petty and manager would take all weekends off and bury the associates by scheduling one person to work all day alone on Saturdays and Sundays. Weird company to work for.
Pros
Free product samples, usually full size products.
Cons
Everything else.
Good for someone in school
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Villa Park, ILOctober 17, 2018
This job is good for someone who needs a part time job or is in school pretty much. There’s barely any room for advancement. It’s got its even share of fast and slow moments. It’s an easy job. You sell strictly to licensed professionals, or atleast anyone with a Cosmo card. I can’t rate the benefit package cause I’ve never needed to use it. For part timers, you get vacation time after 1 year. For Full timers, you get vacation after 1 year and immediately start accumulating sick time. I worked with an enjoyable staff, thankfully. But IMO, there is a big turn over rate. The pay isn’t the greatest, hence why it’s good for someone in school or just needing some extra hours. If you’re licensed, your CEUs are free at locations with classes. You get decent product knowledge. Free full size samples. Discount works at Sally Beauty supply as well. The point of sale system is so outdated. You can 9/10 have them work around your schedule. The hours the store is open for is really nice! You can still have a life.
Pros
Free CEU hours
Cons
No room for advancement
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 15, 2018
Its a great company to work for as far as benefits and flexible hours. The pay, not so much. There is a lot of work expected and when you're not making much more than your employees, it tends to make you not want to try so much. I loved my job, my employees and the customers especially! They just need to realize the worth of the managers and what they do.
Pros
Free samples from vendors, employee discounts
Cons
Pay
Don't waste your time!
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 14, 2018
Worked here for 6+ years and hopefully leaving this company for good soon! Thankfully my manager is AMAZING and is the only reason I've stayed this long. As an assistant manager I make barley a dollar over minimum wage. I live in NY so minimum wage goes up every year and the company does nothing to be proactive about the cost of living. People in corporate offices have ZERO idea what it takes to run these stores. We work alone A LOT since we are so understaffed. They expect us to reach these impossible goals even though they don't make competative sales or ensure our shipments come on time. They don't pay well they don't value their employees or notice hard work so please do not contune to feed into their greed and not work for this horrible company.
Pros
Free products
Cons
Fast paced productive great customers great store
Retailer (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAOctober 2, 2018
Great environment, customers are nice & hours are flexible . You only get benefits when your full-time I'm only part-time. I love that we get discounts and samples I love that they have flexible hours but I am looking for something with a little more of a pay since I have my son now.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Great insurance
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNSeptember 29, 2018
Did very wrong by this company. Asked me to work a couple hours while waiting on a scheduled back surgery. Because I agreed to help, they recoded my job from store manager to part time help which made me no longer eligible for my medical benefits. That was morally wrong to do after 5* years. I also got hired as a manager to open a new store that was not set up yet, open for business my first day and left by myself with absolutely no training.
Pros
Great insurance. Recognition for job well done
Cons
Make bonuses unattainable, 3% raise is highest you can get one time a year.
Good job but doesnt pay well
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 24, 2018
Ok Company. Pay is terrible if you were there before the restructuring. New managers make $17 when older ones made less. New employees hired at $11 when Old assistant managers make $11.50. Not a fair paying Company.
Pros
Great time off
Cons
Pay is terrible
Sad to leave but felt unappreciated
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 23, 2018
I was with this company for 15 years on and off. I left 3 times due to the amount of money they pay. They pay minimum wage for most of their store associate employees and as a manager i did not even make 30,000 a year !!!! The company is not a bad company to work for but i feel like upper corporate should work in the stores for a few days to see how hard we work. It’s a 10 man job for one person. We build displays, move the whole store around , weekly shipments , when things come in for the computers we need to set it up or fix them .. we literally do EVERYTHING. Finding staff is hard due to the money they pay. I continued to come back because i loved my customers. I did work my way up to manager but finding good help and keeping it was difficult due to the money. Upper management in my district were fine ... but there was definitely a lack of communication somewhere in between upper management and store management. Things are always changing , one minute it’s one thing tomorrow it’s something different. They don’t allow a lot of payroll so most of the time people are working alone and you can’t get anything done and then you fall behind. You can not have overtime .... the only thing i will miss are my customers and the free samples. It’s sad that they don’t appreciate what we do to make them money. They set quotas high so u basically never make them. It’s a shame!!!!!
Pros
No late nights. Free products.
Cons
Low pay. Overworked.
People Do Not Quit Jobs, They Quit Managers
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2018
I was working at CosmoProf for a month before the manager was removed and the other senior employee quit. The higher ups left me and a girl who had been there six months all alone to run the store for almost every shift. A manager from another store came to help about once a week, sometimes less. When they finally after 2 months hired a manager she was unprofessional and would yell at the employees on the sales floor in front of customers.
Pros
The customers were AMAZING, Friendly, kind and because they were repeats you formed a bond with them, I truly LOVED my job here, even being left in the lurch a month in.
Cons
Unorganized, unprofessional, do not seem to care about employees even with upper management.
Lower management great-Upper management not so great
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 14, 2018
Upper management knows nothing about work/life balance. Regardless of the reason, if you need to be out sick, you are made to feel guilty for needing time off. Pay is grossly low for California and there is no sign of it getting better. Yearly raises do happen but generally are below 25 cents even for management. Let's just say even as a single person in management, you will not be able to afford a studio apartment on this salary anywhere in California.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lauderhill, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoyed talking with customers and assisting them in their purchase needs.
Had a great boss to work with.
Able to share my knowledge of products and learn from customers.
Pros
Being around all professional products and meeting other stylist
Cons
Too far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight