Cosmoprof Employee Reviews

The company does not care about its employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, pSeptember 3, 2018
Upper management could care less about how the employees feel. They let multiple managers sit around and do absolutely nothing!!! They let drug addict managers keep their jobs even when they come to the store high and cause an enormous scene. They won’t let the stores hire more employees so the ones that are there have to work themselves to death. Run away, do not apply!
Pros
The customers
I liked working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cosmo Prof. It can be very busy and fasted paced at times, which I enjoy. I also learned a lot about beauty products and what they do.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Work into evening
Just scroll pass this company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MiAugust 26, 2018
Left the company after much frustration with upper management. Staff turnover, long hours, no way to bonus. 4 years ago I recommended this company to anyone looking for a great career, now I talk them out of it since the current leadership seems intent on removing incentives that kept people there long term. Insurance kicks in after 90 days only for managers, everyone else gets basic urgent care until they have been there for a year and then they can elect to get full coverage. Bonus program for managers is a bait and switch, quotas become extremely high without ryhme or reason and not based on trending numbers for the location.
Pros
Free products once in awhiile
Cons
Lack of good leadership from the corporate level
Nice place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAAugust 25, 2018
Great place to work but manager had an attitude problem. The area I worked in was pretty slow so days tend to drag on. Definitely learned a lot there.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
In slow area
Always expecting more but never getting paid for it
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, IL 60477August 22, 2018
This company is ridiculous to work for and I'm sure it was a sense of complacency that I stayed with this company as long as I did. #1 issue is the pay is terrible! #2 is they constantly want you to learn new information but never compensate you for it. #3 is you are treated like bottom of the barrel, they only care about their higher ups, like most corporations. I can go on and on but they only give me so much space in this little box.
Pros
Free sample products
Cons
Strict, underpay staff, fluctuating schedules
Stressful
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 20, 2018
This location has about 20 customers a day, we rarely come close to our goal and the days drag on and on. The work environment is extremely toxic, as we are treated poorly and talked down to whenever our immediate manager is around. I would never reccomend working at this location.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced lots of lifting
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 20, 2018
I loved what I do here. I’m great with the people and knowledge on products. I’m hard working. They do not care much about their employees or their hard work. You bust your butt and it’s never team work here.
Fun place to work
Cashier and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 19, 2018
I like the environment but i currently do not approve of the manager we have. I feel she does not take on management rolls and she puts a lot of stuff onto her employees while she sits in the back room doing nothing all day. I have an assistant manager who I think is amazing and does great at her job. Other than the main manager it would be a great relaxing place to work.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Manager
fantastic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 16, 2018
i loved working at Cosmo environment was always positive best place to come for hair supplies always maintained the store and customers to keep coming back
Pros
wonderful
Cons
no cons
I enjoyed the workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHAugust 8, 2018
The hardest part of this job was feeling welcomed by my boss and the assistant manager. They never seemed happy and acted as if they never wanted to be at work.
Fun but structured
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 6, 2018
I love that we receive training and continued education on job duties as well as new products and lines. We also have competitions for sellin which keeps us focused and bringing the best new items to our customers
Worst decision
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 3, 2018
The overhead management sucks and don’t listen to your instore issues or concerns, don’t respond right away, etc. The company doesn’t seem to take customers or employees seriously and look like they just want to make quota so THEY get paid, nevermind customers getting their products or employees having a great working environment. I was underpaid for longer than I should have been, in which resulted to me leaving. I worked for the company for a year and a half, and never had any issues until this point. The store has no staff and they don’t care enough to hire anyone. They will ignore issues until it’s time for audit or inventory, then they will start to put in the slightest bit of effort or even care just a little bit. It’s honestly a waste of time and puts you in a stressful position constantly. They’re very unorganized and even the customers see it and blame corporate, not the employees. The company will rather underpay for terrible service, than overpay for great service. It’s truly sad.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, sick time.
Cons
Management, work environment, need I go on?
Beauty Industry
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 2, 2018
Don't have to be in the industry to work here b. ut it helps because you are asked for recommendations by everyone. Relaxed atmosphere, sometimes too much
Soul sucking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 31, 2018
Terrible place to work. Although I loved being in a place with hair and makeup products daily- the company itself was a soul sucking put that didn't pay you nearly as much as you should have been paid there.
Horrible management
Assistant Manager, Full Time (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 31, 2018
I worked for Cosmo Prof for almost 3 years and I have virtually nothing good to say about this company. The only good part is the education you can receive and the free products you accumulate. Both my store manager as well as my district manager were downright mean and inconsiderate to all of the employees. I had my manager HIDE PAPER TOWELS because she felt that we used too much. I also watched her accuse a man a stealing due to his race. I worked 40+ hours every week and would constantly cover for other people and fix their inventory mistake just to have my manager tell my co-workers I did a bad job. This company is garbage. Most of the salon owners that used to shop here are leaving due to the influx of people obtaining cards and not being licensed. Salon Centric will put this place out of business soon.
Pros
Free product and product knowledge.
Cons
The whole company is a con.
Not worth it
Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 25, 2018
There store is run like it’s 1989. Time consuming paperwork that never gets checked unless it’s an audit and it costs you your bonus that the company wasn’t planning on giving you. You never have enough staff. Too many tasks to do and constant moving of merchandise alone most of the time. The pay is atrocious. Teens working at a supermarket make more and do less. Managers are bamboozled into accepting an insulting salary and usually work overtime with NO compensation. The assistant manager who is payed hours makes more than a saleried Manager. They have an acronym that is freely used in the corporate offices K.E.S .stsnds for .. keeping em stupid. They love to hire nonprofessionals and low income uneducated people to keep them beholden to the job. Hours are brutal due to a very early opening time and constant movement of merchandise and boxes that weigh 50 and more. When the Weekly Truck comes you are expected to do it alone within too short of a timeframe and still answer the phone, to cashiering dueties, take phone orders and service customers in the store. The DM works you with no breaks, non stop work and constant browbeating. Cosmoprof is a very toxic environment to work in. There is very little room for advancement. Licensed Pros are not valued as employees at all. If you think you will go as a pro and start doing demos think again you are a glorified Stock person nothing else. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Free employee samples and the occasional product knowledge classes
Look elsewhere
Laborer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 18, 2018
Understaffed and overworked. You go above and beyond to get everything done for this company and management has the nerve to say it's not good enough, to work harder. No respect. Not appreciated. Ridiculous overtime. Just don't.!
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Overtime. Not enough staff. Low pay for the amount of work given. Very cheap with warehouse repairs.
Just dont
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, NHJuly 17, 2018
Not the best place to work for they don’t train you and then expect the best from you and all the mangament dose is sit... oh and don’t expect everything to be fare, they like to favor people and then talk behind there customers backs
Pros
Learning about new products
Cons
Never did any training with me
Relaxed working environment
Provide customer service to licensed cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  West Bountiful, UTJuly 9, 2018
Good Team to be apart of. Worked Part time. Manager was a team player. She always made sure the schedule was fair and everyone helped each other if need be.
not too bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Webster, NYJuly 7, 2018
For a corporate company, it isn't too bad. Immediate management could use some restructuring, but upper management is very helpful with any problems or issues concerning employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cosmoprof. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss