Cost Cutters Family Hair Salon Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Manager/ Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 1, 2018
The job itself is very competitive. It can be very demanding at times. I was in upper management and we are required to put in long hours to insure the salon is ran well
There is a reason it closed.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILAugust 19, 2018
Every store may be owned by a different person or family, some have very hands on owners while others let their staff members run them. Like I said there is a reason most of them have staff leaving and are closing.
Very slow store. Lousy inexperienced manager
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZAugust 15, 2018
Manager was very inexperienced in management. She needs people skills. She constantly talked about stylists and customers to other stylists. Very unfriendly. Customers constantly complained about her poor attitude. Nothing was ever done to improve her lack of managing staff. She chased customers away. She did nothing to improve a very slow store. She is 100% the reason I moved on.
Pros
The store closed at 6 pm
Cons
Manager was inexperienced, no one to talk to about store being slow
If you want to work at a fast paced salon this is it
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYAugust 14, 2018
I like working for Cost Cuttes, but the pay needs to be more for the work you do. I would recommend it to stylist starting out, because it helps build clientele.
Exciting environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 30, 2018
I enjoyed worked with so many other employees and clients. The atmosphere was always fun and relaxed and the managers always helped with any questions.
Pros
Request off days were always given.
Cons
Lower pay
Great start out job
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 24, 2018
Very loving and caring stylist. Owers work hard to make sure they stop in and visit if we have any questions. The salon manager is very understanding and always has a smile on my face to great the girls and client. I have been there 1 yr. And would recomme this salon as a great starting job to build up your clients.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Slow at times
Love the Job.
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAJuly 21, 2018
its a good job. if you want to do hair for your career. The Management is very well they work with you if you need them too. you can take a day off if you need to with no prob.
great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hermantown, MNJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cost Cutters! It gave me the opportunity to hone my computer skills and greeting skills. I met a lot of people and enjoyed helping out in the salons
Decent job for a high school student
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJuly 8, 2018
The hours and pay were horrible. Very relaxed and slow paced job. Free haircuts and waxing. Discounted hair coloring. There was no health care benefits.
Pros
free haircuts and waxes
Cons
no health care benefits
Fun work place
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 7, 2018
Love it here! The new owners are awesome people to work for and the listen to you. They are awesome to help work around schedules and give us plenty of educational classes to help further our knowledge!
Walk in hair salon
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 27, 2018
Shift work to include morning and evening shifts;
Opened 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM, Sunday - Saturday;
Assistant Manager, position included higher level of responsibilty and duties.
Pros
Healthcare and vacation time
Cons
Shift work and open 7 days a week
Fun, loving family
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Poplar Grove, ILJune 20, 2018
We are a small tight knit salon. I work with 2 other girls and would consider them my work family. I love going to work everyday and know I will learn something new when I'm there
Cons
minimum wage
Enjoyed the customers
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 24, 2018
While I did not always appreciate the way the salon was run, I did enjoy meeting new clients daily and making them feel special. I would not recommend this position for a stylist looking to make money, but if you're in it solely to meet new people daily this may be the salon for you.
great place to work
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, WIMay 19, 2018
Great place to work if you are a team player. It can be micro managed but in general as long as you do your work its fine.. I have nothing bad to say.
not my cup of tea
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 11, 2018
I didn't like working for this company at all. My first week out of school I was thrown to the wolves and had to fight for myself. I was told I needed to do eight minutes haircuts because that was standard time frames on haircuts and it was ridiculous for a new stylist. After my 6 week trail I left and started at a new salon and never looked back.
fun
Salon Stylist (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAMay 7, 2018
Salons are always fun. The work and atmosphere are what you make it. Although the management wasn't always involved, it was a fun place to work and the guests always seemed to leave happy
Pros
good hours
Cons
no benefits
Productive and busy job, many opportunities to learn
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 6, 2018
I learned a lot in my time working at Cost Cutters, they also have many opportunities for advancement in the industry. I learned a lot about different haircutting techniques.
stressful place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZApril 17, 2018
I worked at my cost cutters location for almost 5 years, in that time I went through 3 terrible lazy managers and watched 6 stylists come into my salon only to leave shortly after. If you're looking to work more than your fair share and do the work of 3 other employees while they all sit in the back and eat, then this job is for you!! And don't waste your time bringing your issues to your district leader, they are more concerned with what's for lunch, what free service they can get or what manager they can be buddy buddy with, then when you do have an issue they will tell you to "write them a letter" only to do absolutely nothing about it and you continue to do everything all by yourself. The scheduling is an absolute joke, they say you rotate weekends or sunday's and as soon as your coworkers or managers find out you like those days off they make sure you work the most. Believe me when I tell you this has been the worst job I've ever had. The only reason I stayed as long as I did was to pay my bills.
Pros
Couldn't find any if I tried
Cons
Unfair work load, disgusting work environment, lazy management, unrealistic and unachieveable corporate demands
Fun, relaxed place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cost Cutters. I did haricuts, hair color, eyebrow waxing. I also answered phones and scheduled appointments. I helped put away stock. I recommend hair products for clients to use at home.
fast paced salon
Cosmetologist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIApril 10, 2018
I worked full and part time positions. They had various training classes. Management was good and bad. I didn't like how they treated their hardworking stylist, but slackers got away with things. I loved my clients.
Pros
great location and great customers
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cost Cutters Family Hair Salon. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about