Cost Plus World Market
71Above average

Cost Plus World Market Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA14 reviews
At World Market, there were alot of interesting products and different things that all associates could do to help out. The fact that this store specializes in specialty products from external countries, it made it neccessary to know about the various cultural backgrounds of items and how they could be a unique purchase for the customer.

This was a great job for people that look for different experience and new knowledge, but there was a lack of hours and an abundance of employment. However, the awesome things had been the team, management, and experience. I am glad to have had the chance to work for The Cost Plus World Market.
Pros
pay, knowledge, experience, team
Cons
relocation difficulty, lack of hours
I enjoyed working at cost plus world market. I was close to where I lived. Easy to get back & forth to work. I did not make much money. I did love the store and all it's merchandise , I just was not making enough money there to afford to buy much!!!!! The work atmoshpere was that of a large family!!! All people at my rockville, md store worked well together and in harmony with each other. I would recommend the store as a seasonal position best.
Pros
Good working environment. Great merchandise. Very good prices on furniture, Rugs, Lighting, All merchandise. Very good employee discounts, Coupons and special promotions and events for both employees and members!!!!!
Cons
Low pay. Very limited advancement opportunities!!!
World Market is an extremely fun environment to work in, the management was great and the people were good to work with. I felt like I gained a lot of experience working with them
A nice place to work with understanding manager and teammates. But the pay is very little and even after working all day you barely make anything. Otherwise a nice place to learn how to interact with people.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay
Working holidays is a mess overall, but everyone understood how tiring it was so we all worked together. On black friday, there was a catered lunch since we all worked non stop.
Pros
breaks, free food in break room
Cons
short breaks, lots of standing
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Usually my days at work are excellent , I'm very friendly and i like to work with my co-workers . Respect each other and work together.
and make happy our clients .

I listen the observations of my boss.
Typical day consist of mostly inventory, taking in trucks, restocking the store. Setting up new displays, customer service, excepting orders, handling money
Its an ok place to work at but i feel like management wasn't up to task and they should have been better management. I agree they do very well with the diversity when it comes to employment.
A typical day included processing shipment and helping customers. On busy days, I usually spent most of the day on the register. I learned how to use an older, non-computerized, register. That was new for me. My managers were really welcoming. They made sure I got all my training so I could be part of the team as soon as possible. My coworkers were awesome. We all had weird little quirks that fit together like puzzle pieces. I've stayed in contact with some even after leaving. The hardest part of the job was the furniture orders, until I got the hang of it. The way we had to put the orders into the register was complicated. Despite that, I loved working there because of the atmosphere. I didn't have to hide my tattoos to meet some perfect image. I got my tattoos for my mom, my aunt and my heritage. At previous jobs, it was mandatory to cover them at all times. It felt like I was ashamed of them and I didn't like having to hide them even though I understand that it didn't fit the image of the company.
Pros
Sometimes management would treat us, i used the discount all the time because there were so many things I wanted.
Cons
If there was a problem on the register we had to call a manager
A typical day could consist of working at the cash register, placing orders for customers, stocking shelves, and so many more things. All the people that worked there were absolutely awesome. They are like one big happy family. The management is great. They will help you with anything you need help with and if you have to leave early then they are willing to work with you. They are just awesome.
working at world market was ok, it was a weekend job so I could balance out school. my co workers were all nice, the manager not so nice; he had his on and off days. I loved that the store was multicultural, i got to meet all types of ethnicities
easy to get by doing nothing, not good if you really want to work for a living....unless your a manager
Pros
Small discount
Cons
Managment, poor pay
hours change weekly, mostly standing, meeting a lot of great customers of all of the world.
Pros
benefits, meeting a lot of people, networking, ideas
Cons
lot of standing
A typical day at work would be me opening the store. Sending and answering emails. Informing my employees the days sales, numbers and stores daily duties. The hardest part of my job is making sure that store is maintained the same way everyday, The enjoyable part of my job is when it gets busy. I love to be consistently moving making sure everything runs as smooth as possible.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the lack of communication.