Cost Plus World Market Employee Reviews

Relaxing working environment
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 14, 2019
One of the better places I've worked, not a lot of stress in doing your job, friendly work staff. Will work with you on hours desired. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for something to do while in school.
Pros
Great staff, low stress employment.
Cons
No hours for better pay.
fun
Stock associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2019
it was cool right by the grove so I could watch a movie when I got out of work or ate at a place somewhere in the farmer market. had fun was too fast pace for my liking tho
Pros
discounts
Cons
little discounts
Meh
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAFebruary 10, 2019
The same as any other Retail store. Basic Customer service and Staff. Not anything particularly mind-blowing. The work was easy, the people were friendly, but nothing I haven't been a part of before.
Prefer to shop there vs work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 6, 2019
I love the store, but working there was kinda boring. Most exciting thing that happened was a cop involved shooting out front. That was a blast. They caught the guy and I testified
Good part-time job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAFebruary 6, 2019
Pay is a bit low but higher than minimum wage. Hours were flexible but generally consistent from week to week, making it easier to schedule things outside of work. Environment was positive and I enjoyed working there during my time as a college student.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay
Loved this company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 4, 2019
I worked for CPWM for over 15 years, they were an enjoyable place to work if you like a challenge and constantly changing environment. There is often lifting involved, be aware.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
moderate pay
Its ok
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 3, 2019
Its ok to work here. They do take advantage of peoples good nature. They want you to sacrifice your personal life for them. They really don't want you to enjoy the job they want you to feel trapped there.
Pros
Cons
noen
Normal Workplace
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAFebruary 3, 2019
I was working in payroll department, where we had 3 people in the team. The manager was not really doing her work instead playing game, chatting. That was the reason why I stayed with the work in very short time.
Positive, Friendly Work Environment
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIFebruary 1, 2019
Relaxed, yet competitive work environment with friendly staff and customer base. Typical retail turnover allows for advancement if desired. Rewards program goals make the job competitive but sometimes discouraging
The merchandising
Sales (Former Employee) –  Westwood, CAJanuary 28, 2019
Checking inventory, organizing and stocking the shelves. I learned a lot about wine. The management was laid back. The culture was fun. Nothing was hard, maybe making sure my register balanced. The products.
Pros
Discounts and free coffee
Cons
Not full time
A great start for your career
Sales Associate and Cashier/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJanuary 27, 2019
Landing a job at Cost Plus World Market means so much more than a paycheck! Aside from relationships built with co-workers, my hourly pay wasn’t too bad. I made twenty cents above minimum wage, which was nice for a starting position. It’ll surround you with a cheery environment that comes with several benefits. Such as 20% off your entire purchase- however many purchases, every day- as well as being able to slap another title under ‘Job Experience’ on your resume.
Pros
Discounted purchases at any allied company (Buy Buy Baby, Bed Bath & Beyond, etc.)
Workplace Culture / Management
Point of Sale Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 23, 2019
The overall workplace culture was like family with collaboration and great attitudes. Management is in tune with the employee needs and concerns. The holiday preparations was the hardest part of the job, but with a great work environment, it was tolerable.
Pros
Great workplace environment
Cons
Holiday preparations
fun, cheerful, energetic, friendly work place
Sales Associate - seasonal (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 17, 2019
I was hired for the busy Christmas season. The atmosphere was very energetic, high in spirit, most of the employees seemed very happy working there despite for chaotic busy lines and store environment.
Pros
overall, all employees seem to be happy working
Cons
no stability on long term employment
Fun, culture driven environment
Décor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 14, 2019
This job is fun and the set up changes with the seasons. While it can be fast paced, the atmosphere is fairly relaxed. The company offers many incentives to encourage employees to do their jobs more effectively while promoting sales and program membership. One of the hardest parts about the job, in my opinion, is the constant tearing down and rebuilding of structures for seasonal displays. That was also one of the funnest parts too so it balanced out.
Pros
Good benefits, paid time off & flexible schedules
Great company
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, VAJanuary 13, 2019
I enjoyed my time at cost plus. A very great company to work for. Great hours but overall pay is not enough. Hours are flexible and many great workers.
Fun people and fun place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLJanuary 11, 2019
The environment is consistent, but there are also opportunities to function in different areas. I was able to stock, cashier, organize the floor, bring in new materials, and help with the overall flow of the store.
best management and family environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood Heights, UTJanuary 10, 2019
a typical day working at world market was getting there and clocking in and then putting all of your things in a locker. Then you put on an apron and your name tag and head to the area you work in. I was a cashier in the morning. So when I got there I would clean all four registers and vacuum the doorway, then I would straighten the line. so days I would clean up jewelry and clothes and some days I would be stock backup. The hardest part was learning how to use the registers because they are super old. I would say the only think I didn't like about working at Cost Plus was the pay was not supporting my life responsibilities. but for the most part there was nothing to bad about working here.
Pros
good management, family work environment, and pretty easy job
Cons
not high enough pay for living expenses
Enjoy the job, but it's not enough.
Stock/Logistics Associate (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJanuary 9, 2019
I like working off hours when the store is closed as it enables us to get more stuff done. I actually really enjoy the work itself and am really good at it. I was hired as part-time with a promise of going full-time in the near future. It has now been 7 years and it still hasn't happened. Our store has gone through a change in management four times during the time I have worked there and all the promises that the previous manager made have gone out the window. I have no problem with the day to day management of the store, nor the store policies and enjoy the people I work with most closely.
Pros
Working off hours most days, store discounts.
Cons
Not enough hours, irregular schedule and low pay.
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJanuary 7, 2019
They had flexible hours during the holiday season but after that the hours went down tremendously. Overall, the environment, is very nice and the employees are nice as well.
Pros
discounts, flexible hours
Cons
hours go down after holidays
Interesting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 7, 2019
It can be a hard, fast-paced job especially during the holidays, but it's great during that time because you get some good hours. Most customers were very nice, but some can be needy and frustrating of course. Had a few amazing coworkers and managers that made my time there a lot more enjoyable. The worst part of the job was having to deal with demanding customers and the limited hours. The most enjoyable parts were the employee discount and working with great co-workers.
Pros
Employee discount, cool co-workers
Cons
Not a lot of hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cost Plus World Market. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight